Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Great Pyramid can collect and focus energy

Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 | Comment icon 47 comments

There is more to the Great Pyramid than meets the eye. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Nina Aldin Thune
Scientists in Russia have discovered a rather unusual property of Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza.
The study, which was lead by researchers at ITMO University in the Russian city of St Petersburg, involved creating a model of the pyramid and measuring how electromagnetic wave energy is scattered or absorbed by its unique shape.

Incredibly, it turned out that the Great Pyramid is capable of collecting and concentrating electromagnetic energy both in its chambers and at its base.

The researchers believe that the discovery could lead to the creation of more efficient solar cells.

"In general, one may conclude that pyramidal objects located on a substrate and supporting multipole resonances can significantly suppress the reflection of incident electromagnetic waves," they wrote.

"In the earth conditions, this could be used for controlling the radio-wave propagation and reflection."

"Due to the scaling properties, such a behavior can be realised in different spectral ranges for suitable material and geometrical parameters."

Source: Sky News | Comments (47)

Tags: Pyramid, Egypt, Energy

Comment icon #38 Posted by Myles on 2 August, 2018, 21:10
Like stacking rocks
Comment icon #39 Posted by Setton on 2 August, 2018, 22:04
Alternative, and simpler version: Pyramids easy to build. Build pyramids. Thank you Mr Ockham.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Setton on 2 August, 2018, 22:05
Evidence it was built by Khufu: 1 'stupid' piece of writing on the pyramid itself. Evidence it was built by 'Thoth who was not from here': 1 stupid piece of writing on this thread. Think I know which is more compelling.
Comment icon #41 Posted by jaylemurph on 3 August, 2018, 1:45
Speaking as a scholar, this statement is 100% pure, unadulterated bull****. You need to leave off from trying to speak for scholars and never try to do so again. That's how badly you're wrong. It's so wrong I'm surprised the universe didn't force-evolve a sapient life-form just to slap you upside the head. --Jaylemurph
Comment icon #42 Posted by Golden Duck on 3 August, 2018, 9:59
Dr Andrey Evlyukhin, et al https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326530154_Electromagnetic_properties_of_the_Great_Pyramid_First_multipole_resonances_and_energy_concentration
Comment icon #43 Posted by qxcontinuum on 3 August, 2018, 11:59
This is not news. I read about in in 1990's . In fact there was a trend back then with ppl having build smaller pyramids in their yards to do yoga.
Comment icon #44 Posted by moonman on 7 August, 2018, 20:10
I like very much how he had no answer for that.
Comment icon #45 Posted by kapow53 on 8 August, 2018, 0:30
I put a pyramid on the back of my car and I get 300 miles to the gallon.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Bunzilla on 12 August, 2018, 20:49
I'm not a 'he' thank you very much, and I declined to respond to his question, since I didn't feel like sharing my life's story with that person. I do have a life outside of this one site, and my poor health doesn't leave me any energy to deal with people who use personal attacks as a means to respond to any view that conflicts from their own. I have very ****s to give. Just because I wasn't physically able to go to school and study archeology, doesn't mean I can't be knowledgeable in it. Plenty of people have made valuable contributions to any number of fields without formal education in the ... [More]
Comment icon #47 Posted by Setton on 23 August, 2018, 7:30
They have, but you are not one of them. If you're going to refer to 'scholars' you should have some idea what they actually say. So which archaeological journals or authors do you generally rely on for your claims? The certificate on my wall and the University of York?

Hawking's final book answers the big questions
10-16-2018
The late physicist's last book, which was published today, attempts to answer the biggest questions of them all.
Bizarre solar system is baffling astronomers
10-16-2018
Four gargantuan planets have been observed orbiting a relatively young star approximately 500 light years away.
'Bugpocalypse' sees major decline in insects
10-16-2018
A worrying new study has highlighted the catastrophic effects of global warming on insect populations.
Future of 1,000mph supersonic car in doubt
10-15-2018
An attempt to build the first car capable of exceeding 1,000mph has hit a major financial roadblock.
How does fluid 'climb' up a rod ?
Posted 10-16-2018 | 1 comment
Physics Girl checks out a remarkable effect achievable with non-newtonian fluids.

Tense stand off with an elephant
Posted 10-10-2018 | 2 comments
A BBC film crew ends up face to face with a potentially hostile Indian elephant.

Free solo climbing in 360 degrees
Posted 10-5-2018 | 3 comments
Alex Honnold climbs up Yosemite's famous El Capitan with no equipment whatsoever.

An astronaut's guide to risk taking
Posted 10-1-2018 | 0 comments
Veteran NASA astronaut Chris Hadfield talks about his views on taking risks.

The man who climbed Everest 21 times
Posted 9-27-2018 | 0 comments
Apa Sherpa holds the world record for the most ascents of the world's tallest mountain.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas