Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Creator of 'Storm Area 51' comes forward

Posted on Thursday, 18 July, 2019 | Comment icon 131 comments

How many people will actually turn up ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 / Airwolfhound / Flickr
The Facebook user who started the campaign to storm the secretive military base has finally spoken out.
What started out as little more than a joke on social media has since turned in to one of the most unique and widely-publicized events of the year despite still being several months away.

As of writing, over 1.5 million people have pledged to participate in what has been dubbed "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us" which is set to take place on September 20th.

Now the man who originally posted the event on Facebook - California resident Matty Roberts - has finally agreed to come forward and be interviewed about the remarkable phenomenon.

"I posted it on like June 27th and it was kind of a joke," he said. "And then it waited for like three days, like 40 people, and then it just completely took off, out of nowhere. It's pretty wild."

Roberts stated that when the number of sign-ups reached the hundreds of thousands he started to become concerned that he would end up receiving a visit from the FBI.

"I just thought it would be a funny idea for the meme page," he said. "And it just took off like wildfire. It's entirely satirical though, and most people seem to understand that."

Despite being started as a joke however, the event has since taken on a life of its own and now small businesses in the vicinity of Area 51 are bracing themselves for a mass influx of visitors.

Little A'Le'Inn owner Connie West reports that all her rooms are fully booked for September.

"I'm just a little scared, but bring it," she said. "We'll do our best. I don't believe they should be doing this and breaking the law. Just don't believe that."

Source: Fox News | Comments (131)

Tags: Area 51

Comment icon #122 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 23 August, 2019, 15:36
Poor Rachel but if visitors do bring a lot of cash it might turn out to be good in the end hehe
Comment icon #123 Posted by aztek on 23 August, 2019, 18:47
good point, but it is not just things they have to bring, it†is what those thousands will leave behind.† like crap, urine and garbage, that will leave a lasting impression, lol
Comment icon #124 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 23 August, 2019, 22:15
Que the 300 soundtrack!
Comment icon #125 Posted by MrBene on 25 August, 2019, 6:32
Sorry, I'm not one of those panicking or getting stressed by media. I can tell you right now that nothing will happen. Remind me to remind you when time is good.†
Comment icon #126 Posted by _Only on 15 September, 2019, 14:00
If you visit poor Rachel's website, looks like any plans they had for this turning out well are done, and they are really scared of people coming. You can see them express it themselves:†http://www.rachel-nevada.com/ I've actually been there years ago on an Area 51 trip myself, and it is such an unbelievably tiny community, and when I went there with none of this popularity back in 2013 or 2014, the locals already had signs out with "Private Property" and "No Tresspassing" everywhere. I hope they do okay and that most of this is just hype.
Comment icon #127 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 18 September, 2019, 20:33
Wow only 54 people in that entire town.†
Comment icon #128 Posted by Hazzard on 18 September, 2019, 21:00
There will be a couple of morons showing up and getting sent home to their mother s basement with a 300 dollar fine or something. There wont be a storming of any kind.
Comment icon #129 Posted by _Only on 18 September, 2019, 21:05
The minimum fine is over $600 (or at least was in 2013). Here's my personal copy: †
Comment icon #130 Posted by MrBene on 20 September, 2019, 22:11
So like I said months ago, the "millions" were about 75 stoners, party goers and attention seekers that did it "for the lulz of being on TV". So no national threat, no bullets were fired. I think we all can say that panicking isn't worth it.†
Comment icon #131 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 25 September, 2019, 21:41
And it seems only about 100 showed up.†https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/area-51-raid-how-many-showed-up/†The rest came for the alien festival.

Isolated family spent years awaiting 'end times'
10-16-2019
A family of six in the Netherlands has been rescued after being kept in a secret room waiting for the end of the world.
NASA unveils new Artemis spacesuit prototypes
10-16-2019
Keen to meet its 2024 deadline for returning to the Moon, NASA has unveiled its first new spacesuits in 40 years.
Visiting interstellar comet is caught on camera
10-15-2019
Astronomers have revealed that comet 2I/Borisov is remarkably similar to comets from our own solar system.
Man traces pop star from her eye reflections
10-15-2019
A man has been arrested after using a disturbingly simple yet effective way to track down a pop star's home.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ