Sunday, August 18, 2019

Video shows 'zombie' meat crawling off plate

Posted on Thursday, 25 July, 2019 | Comment icon 31 comments

How is this meat moving ? Image Credit: Facebook / Rie Prettyredbone Phillips
Bizarre footage has emerged showing a piece of meat crawling off a restaurant plate and on to the floor.
Uploaded on Facebook two weeks ago by Rie Phillips, the video shows a piece of raw chicken seemingly taking on a mind of its own as it moves and gyrates in a rather unsettling manner.

A woman can be heard screaming as the meat climbs off the plate and falls off the side of the table.

It is unclear exactly where the footage was recorded but it has been speculated that it is in a restaurant serving Chinese, Japanese or Korean cuisine.

Since appearing online, the video has reportedly managed to rack up over four million views and has left social media users scratching their heads.

One theory suggests that the meat is moving because the nerve endings are still active, while another puts forward the possibility that the whole thing is a hoax and that the meat is being pulled by a string.

Whatever the case, the footage is certainly strange.

Source: Kidspot.com.au | Comments (31)

Tags: Meat

Comment icon #22 Posted by AnonsMouse on 27 July, 2019, 17:20
I've seen that too ... it can happen. My uncle used to slaughter the ones he raised for food. Pretty gross for a 5 year old to watch.
Comment icon #23 Posted by lightly on 27 July, 2019, 18:12
Haha...yup, I was about 8 I think.   I'm glad you saw it happen too!  i suppose it's hard to believe..unless you've seen it !
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 27 July, 2019, 18:26
My husband was had the same thing with an eel, but it was still in the pan As pointed out, that does not look like chicken.  Below is why my husbands eel was still moving and highly likely why this piece of meat was too:
Comment icon #25 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 27 July, 2019, 18:33
First if that indeed was chicken, its dangerous to serve it raw because of salmonella poisoning. Secondly, I find it hard to believe a raw chicken would do that, given the nerves have already been removed and severed.
Comment icon #26 Posted by RoofGardener on 27 July, 2019, 18:58
Yes. Fishing twine.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Kismit on 27 July, 2019, 19:06
I went as far back as I could in 10 minutes, on the source material, apparently it is frogs legs, and was actually a reposted video from a comedy Asian site to Instagram and then misleadingly reported as an eyewitness account
Comment icon #28 Posted by RoofGardener on 27 July, 2019, 19:29
Well researched @Kismit !  But.. frogs legs ? Are you SURE ? They seem awfully large for frogs legs ?
Comment icon #29 Posted by rashore on 27 July, 2019, 19:36
Depends on the legs. They are sized by count. 6-8 legs per pound, 4-6 legs per pound, 2-4 legs per pound. Been a very long time, but I've had legs as big as what's in the video. Not as fresh as what's in the video though, blech. That meat is a bit too green for my taste, lol.
Comment icon #30 Posted by pallidin on 27 July, 2019, 22:14
I like frog legs... tastes like chicken...
Comment icon #31 Posted by pixiii on 29 July, 2019, 2:34
Yeah, kinda like when you kill a snake and it keeps twisting for what seems like ages. Me either.  I'm not wasting my time going out to dinner if it's not gonna be cooked for me.  Might as well save my money and cook at home!

Too much karaoke gives man a collapsed lung
8-18-2019
A man in China recently ended up in hospital after an evening of belting out songs caused his lung to collapse.
What did people think about aliens in the '60s ?
8-18-2019
Amusing archive footage has highlighted how attitudes on the topic of alien life have changed over the years.
'Ghost' appears in Welsh councillor's photo
8-18-2019
When Jason Wayne Parry had his picture taken recently, he had failed to notice what was lurking behind him.
Woman survives fall after both parachutes fail
8-17-2019
A skydiver recently managed to cheat death after her parachutes failed to open during a skydive in Canada.
A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx