Saturday, December 7, 2019

World's first human-monkey hybrid created

Posted on Saturday, 3 August, 2019 | Comment icon 26 comments

Research of this nature is illegal in most countries. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A team of Spanish scientists working in China have injected human stem cells into the embryo of a monkey.
With transplant patients often having to wait years for organs, scientists have been looking for increasingly unorthodox ways to try and meet this ever-growing demand.

The idea of crossing a human and a monkey to produce internal organs suitable for transplant has been floated before, however in most countries such experimentation is considered illegal.

Although the experiment in this particular case was halted before the resulting creature could be born, scientists elsewhere have condemned the research as immoral. The biggest concern is that some of the human stem cells could make their way to the brain, potentially leading to consciousness.
"We are now trying not only to move forward and continue experimenting with human cells and rodent and pig cells, but also with non-human primates," said Juan Carlos Izpisua who lead the research.

"Our country is a pioneer and a world leader in these investigations."

Convincing others to pursue such a controversial line of research however is likely to represent something of a challenge in of itself.

Source: Independent | Comments (26)

Tags: Chimera, Monkey

Comment icon #17 Posted by pixiii on 4 August, 2019, 3:32
I agree.  I was just reading through this article on Ethics in Research and why it's important..... Source: https://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/bioethics/whatis/index.cfm
Comment icon #18 Posted by openozy on 4 August, 2019, 6:54
What women would have sex with a monkey human hybrid?Most regular guys have enough trouble finding a women.I don't know where your from but I don't want to visit there
Comment icon #19 Posted by Susanc241 on 4 August, 2019, 7:35
Tigers and lions interbreed, modern humans and Neanderthals interbred, and so on.   Nothing would surprise me!
Comment icon #20 Posted by openozy on 4 August, 2019, 8:31
There's hope for me yet
Comment icon #21 Posted by clare256 on 4 August, 2019, 15:51
I have a problem with people eating the highly intelligent octopi . . .this is very disturbing.
Comment icon #22 Posted by FlyingAngel on 4 August, 2019, 20:48
Oh now we changed subject to food. Maybe after harvesting the organs, they could eat the rest (brain, nipple, ass) of the hybrids like some random cow, no different  Put them in a cage, make them make love with other hybrids at early age (like 13) and give birth to babies. Grow the babies and kill the parents. The generations go on. Like chickens in cages. So instead of farming eggs, we farm organs. ... ... Once upon a time, there's a woman who takes care of the hybrids; encounter a handsome one and looks 95% like human. She has pity for him and as time goes by, she falls in love with him with... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 August, 2019, 23:27
But you're fine with fish, birds, whales, dolphins and sharks?
Comment icon #24 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 August, 2019, 23:29
I refuse to believe in pity sex!
Comment icon #25 Posted by openozy on 4 August, 2019, 23:40
I understand where your coming from,I've gone out with women who don't look more than 75% human.
Comment icon #26 Posted by openozy on 21 August, 2019, 5:31
Believe it,its all I get.

'Bigfoot chases car' video emerges in Russia
12-6-2019
Footage showing a car being pursued by an unknown creature has been doing the rounds on social media.
Banana duct-taped to a wall sells for $120,000
12-6-2019
Modern art connoisseurs have taken to a rather tongue-in-cheek exhibit at a Miami Beach art festival this week.
Quantum physicist describes alien encounter
12-6-2019
Quantum computing expert Deep Prasad has come forward with a rather extraordinary story.
Planet found orbiting white dwarf in world first
12-5-2019
Astronomers have discovered a huge planet orbiting the burnt-out husk of a star that was once like the Sun.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia