Wednesday, December 11, 2019

YouTubers arrested for trespassing at Area 51

Posted on Thursday, 12 September, 2019 | Comment icon 27 comments

The base and its surroundings are vigilantly guarded. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Jimderkaisser
Two Dutch Youtubers have been arrested by police during an ill-fated attempt to reach the secretive base.
According to Nye County Sheriff's Office, 20-year-old Ties Granzier and 21-year-old Govert Charles Wilhelmus Jacob Sweep were picked up around 3 miles into the restricted zone around Area 51.

It is understood that the pair had been hoping to catch a glimpse of the base itself and had taken along various cameras and even a drone to capture footage for their YouTube channels.

"On 10 September, 2019, the Nye County Sheriff's Office responded to the Nevada National Security Site for a report of foreign national trespassers," the police said in a statement. "Deputies found a car parked near a gate approximately three miles into Nevada National Security Site property."
"Both individuals told deputies that they speak, write and read English. They said that they saw the 'no trespassing' signs at the Mercury Highway entrance to the Nevada National Security Site but they wanted to look at the facility."

"Granzier advised deputies that he is a YouTuber and deputies observed several cameras, a phone, a laptop and a drone inside of their vehicle. Both individuals consented to a search of their cameras and deputies observed video footage taken on Nevada National Security Site property."

The two men have since been charged with trespassing.

"We didn't have any intention to storm [Area 51] because we leave one day before the actual storming dates, and we just wanted to make... to go there," said Granzier.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (27)

Tags: Area 51

Comment icon #18 Posted by Robotic Jew on 12 September, 2019, 20:11
Why is this a conspiracy?
Comment icon #19 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 12 September, 2019, 20:12
I guess humour isn't your strong side.
Comment icon #20 Posted by aztek on 12 September, 2019, 20:24
neither it is yours, you did not even get what i was referring to, and it was not me being a Canadian,
Comment icon #21 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 12 September, 2019, 22:53
I guess these guys thought they could use their you-tube fame to try and bend the rules. Wait were they even big you-tubers to begin with?or does anyone here know what their channels are about? seems to me they were probably small youtubers who were trying to bolster a couple thousand subs. Logan Paul tried to do that with his suicide forest stunt.
Comment icon #22 Posted by brian100 on 12 September, 2019, 23:01
Alien people are nuts.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Hawken on 13 September, 2019, 5:07
Comment icon #24 Posted by Bed of chaos on 13 September, 2019, 5:59
If you go to another country be weary of your surroundings and research everything beforehand (most do). Especially if you travel alone. If you plan to break laws, at least thoroughly check into consequences. Hope they get jail time. YouTube let's the golden boys (like logan paul-laughing at dead body) get away with anything and demonetize literally any other channels/videos they dont like. Not to mention they shadowbanned my comments for months..hope nazi ceo gets struck by lightening.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Impedancer on 13 September, 2019, 6:02
Close encounter of the thurd kind Good on ya :-)
Comment icon #26 Posted by Impedancer on 13 September, 2019, 6:12
They came from DDR
Comment icon #27 Posted by _Only on 15 September, 2019, 10:31
Believe it or not, I've also been caught trespassing at Area 51 some years ago, due to my carelessness/lack of direction looking for the rear entrance line, not intending to sneak in. Luckily for me, I wasn't arrested, but I did have a semi-automatic rifle pointed at me and had to lay in the Nevada dirt for an hour or two while guards waited for police to arrive. Once they got there, since I was cooperative the whole time and not a threat, they sent me off with the minimum fine, which was:

Celtic warrior unearthed in major Iron Age find
12-10-2019
Archaeologists in England are hailing the discovery as one of the most significant finds of the millennium.
Baba Vanga's predictions for 2020 revealed
12-10-2019
Before she passed away, the blind seer made numerous predictions about what would happen in the future.
Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia