We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Thursday, December 2, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
The UFO Phenomenon

'UFO' filmed emerging from an active volcano

April 26, 2020 | Comment icon 16 comments

Is this a glowing rock, a UFO, or something else ? Image Credit: YouTube / Luis Andres Jaspersen
A short video clip showing a glowing object flying out of a volcano has been recently doing the rounds online.
Situated 70km southeast of Mexico City, Popocatepetl is one of Mexico's most active volcanoes.

Over the last 600 years it has seen at least 15 major eruptions and even today, it continues to remain active - spewing dust, rocks and molten lava into the air on a regular basis.
Most recently however, something else was spotted emerging from the volcano - a mysterious glowing white oval-shaped object that flew (or was perhaps thrown) high into the sky.

The anomalous object, which has since been dubbed a 'UFO' on social media, was recorded on a special camera that records activity at the volcano on an ongoing basis.

While some have hailed the footage as evidence of something otherworldly, others remain skeptical - instead suggesting that the object could simply be a blob of lava or a rock being expelled from the volcano - something that most likely happens all the time.

You can check out the video for yourself below - what do you make of it ?

Source: YouTube | Comments (16)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #7 Posted by Piney 2 years ago
And cool down into geodes.†
Comment icon #8 Posted by Piney 2 years ago
But it's been recycled and it's old footage. †
Comment icon #9 Posted by Passing through 2 years ago
Surely if it is a lava bomb then we might see some smaller ones being ejected with it and maybe a plume of gas or smoke as a result of the ejection, but the slow speed doesn't help. I'll keep an open mind on this one.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Seti42 2 years ago
Glowing blobs flying out of active volcanoes aren't weird, rare, or UFOs. Also, it's odd to show it in frame by frame mode as well as zoomed in/cropped to leave out the part where it arcs back downward.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Saru 2 years ago
Can you link me to where this footage has appeared before ?
Comment icon #12 Posted by Piney 2 years ago
It's in here, but will take me a while to go through the footage.† https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/popocatepetl-videos.html
Comment icon #13 Posted by Chaldon 2 years ago
Ah it's Popocatepetl... As far as I know it's exactly the 1000th pla... sorry UFO flying in and out of it. It's Mexico, the land of wonders.
Comment icon #14 Posted by ChrLzs 2 years ago
Ooh, one for me!!† † Well it's a good idea, but I just lost interest.† Too many variables here, not the least of which would be the likelihood of strong, variable and unpredictable air currents / outgassings... As above, you'd need to take into account everything that might alter it's path, and know it's weight (which likely changed as it went along...).† Not a trivial exercise, indeed I'd say it was likely impossible, or would have a wide error range. Why?† How often do you think they happen?† I don't know the answer, either...†but it would, of course, be a mostly random thing -†it would be e... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by DieChecker 2 years ago
I wonder what the frame rate was. With some assumptions we could figure out the velocity. It does seem to be a lava bomb.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever 2 years ago
This looks exactly like a plane flying over a volcano to me. There's nothing I see that convinces me it actually came out of the volcano instead of from behind it. What am I missing here?