Tuesday, November 24, 2020
  Bizarre

5-year-old steals car to go buy a Lamborghini

Posted on Sunday, 10 May, 2020 | Comment icon 19 comments

The 5-year-old didn't get too far. Image Credit: Twitter / Utah Highway Patrol
A young driving fan from Utah recently attempted to drive hundreds of miles to buy himself a supercar.
According to reports, the five-year-old - whose identity has not been disclosed - was stopped by a Utah Highway Patrolman after he spotted the Dodge Journey swerving around on the road.

When he approached the vehicle he expected to find a driver impaired by alcohol, but was shocked to discover a young boy sitting in the diver's seat with nobody else in the car.

"One of our Troopers in Weber Co. initiated a traffic stop on what he thought was an impaired driver," Utah Highway Patrol wrote on Twitter. "Turns out it was this young man, age 5, somehow made his way up onto the freeway in his parents' car."

"Made it from 17th and Lincoln in Ogden down to the 25th St off-ramp SB I-15."
It turned out that the boy had fallen out with his mother because he wanted her to buy him a Lamborghini and had decided to take matters into his own hands by stealing her car, driving to California and buying one himself from a car dealership for $2.

He managed to get around three miles from home before he was stopped.

His efforts weren't a complete bust however, as the next day Lamborghini owner Jeremy Neves, who had heard about the story on the news, went to his house and took him out for a ride.

"I don't wanna condone kids taking cars and getting in trouble or breaking the law but the success principles that he displayed were magnificent to me," he said.

Source: The Drive | Comments (19)

Tags: Driving

Comment icon #10 Posted by Matt221 on 10 May, 2020, 11:14
I could drive by the time i was 8 i rode a motorbike as well ................. On the driving front though when i was old enough to drive legally on the road it still took 2 atempts at passing my test i had to many bad habits lol
Comment icon #11 Posted by Seti42 on 10 May, 2020, 16:51
'Success principles'. SMH. Yeah, a Lamborghini owner would say something like that.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Dustyrose33 on 10 May, 2020, 18:52
I don't buy this story.    If it's true the kid would have to have been very tall for a 5-year-old to drive an SUV.   Nah.
Comment icon #13 Posted by tcgram on 10 May, 2020, 19:10
I'm thinking it could possibly be true.   My son was pretty tall by the time he was 5, he always towered over all of his classmates in school.
Comment icon #14 Posted by smokeycat on 11 May, 2020, 9:33
Nice, so he got rewarded for stealing his parents car. It's lucky that he didn't kill anyone. Also, why is a 5 year old mowing the lawn?
Comment icon #15 Posted by Jon the frog on 11 May, 2020, 13:19
To much Grand theft auto...
Comment icon #16 Posted by tcgram on 11 May, 2020, 15:20
My hubby and I were discussing that.  We said if it was our son, he would be grounded for many months and would NOT get a ride in anything other than the family van.
Comment icon #17 Posted by lightly on 11 May, 2020, 15:55
If I had done that, I might still be grounded !
Comment icon #18 Posted by tcgram on 11 May, 2020, 16:34
Same!
Comment icon #19 Posted by jbondo on 14 May, 2020, 18:57
All too common these days. Rewarding bad behavior. If I were the parent of this kid and some clown drove up to my house to give him a ride in his supercar, I'd tell him to hit the bricks. My money says the kid is likely spoiled and entitled. If i stole my father's car, he would have made sure I remembered the aftermath. As Andy would say: "Looks like somebody's in for a whippin!" OK, I'll be honest, I got an occasional swat on the backside, but it got my attention. The very last time my dad physically disciplined me, I was about 10. I let my cousin use my sled and she smashed it up. My father ... [More]

US Air Force base is guarded by robotic dogs
11-23-2020
Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida is replacing human guard patrols with a new type of four-legged robot.
Medieval soldier found in Lithuanian lake
11-23-2020
Scientists have uncovered the remarkably well-preserved remains of a medieval man with an iron sword.
Elon Musk outlines plans for living on Mars
11-22-2020
The SpaceX CEO has made no secret of his ambition to see humans living on the Red Planet in his lifetime.
Man wrestles alligator in bid to save his dog
11-22-2020
A man in Florida was captured on film jumping into a pond to attack an alligator that had grabbed his dog.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball