Thursday, November 26, 2020

Dan Aykroyd on new show 'Hotel Paranormal'

Posted on Thursday, 21 May, 2020 | Comment icon 43 comments

Aykroyd has a keen interest in the paranormal. Image Credit: YouTube / T and E
The writer and actor is certainly no stranger to the unexplained and neither, it turns out, is his family.
As co-writer and cast member of the hit 1984 supernatural comedy 'Ghostbusters', Dan Aykroyd has always been associated with the subject of ghosts, however what isn't as well known is that, behind the scenes, his connections with the paranormal are even more significant than they are on-screen.

His own family has a long history with spiritualism, including his great-grandfather - a spiritualist who once corresponded with Sherlock Holmes creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on the subject.

Aykroyd himself was exposed to stories of the unexplained from a young age, having grown up in an old farmhouse that had seen more than its fair share of paranormal occurrences.

"My mother said she saw ancestors at the foot of the bed when I was an infant," he said. "There's residual energy of living beings that used to live there, I think."
His father, who still lives at the farmhouse, wrote a book entitled A History of Ghosts.

"He's 98 and he's in the room where his dad passed and his great-grandfather passed, in the old farmhouse right now, and he loves spending his days there," he said.

Akroyd's latest foray into the unknown is as narrator of the new T+E documentary series Hotel Paranormal which documents hotel guests who have had paranormal experiences.

"It's done sympathetically, not for exploitation," he said. "The producers and directors come at it with a view of, 'Boy, these people really went through something,' and it helps people to... come out and not be thought of as crazy."

"There are some of us out here - many of us, just as we did with 'Ghostbusters' - who've said: 'We're ready to believe you. So get it off your chest. We don't think you're crazy.'"

Source: Preeceville Progress | Comments (43)

Tags: Dan Aykroyd

Comment icon #34 Posted by Socio on 22 May, 2020, 20:02
Anyone have T&E on their streaming channel line up that is in US would like to get this on Roku or even stream it from the PC?
Comment icon #35 Posted by LightAngel on 23 May, 2020, 2:06
  I have seen some really excellent shows - there are also some terrible ones, but you just stop seeking them - you control what you see - if you don't like a show then turn off the TV, it's stupid to keep complaining over something you can change easy!  I hardly watch TV anymore because 90% of it isn't worth my time But I hope this new show will be worth seeing.
Comment icon #36 Posted by psyche101 on 23 May, 2020, 12:44
Exactly. Zero observation, plenty of anecdotes Anecdotes are not observation.  Despite many anecdotes, not a single proof has been recorded. Statistically it's unlikely that so many claims result in Zero evidence. That means you are logically chasing the wrong conclusion.
Comment icon #37 Posted by papageorge1 on 23 May, 2020, 15:36
Here we go again. I believe the anecdotal, investigative and experimental evidence for the paranormal is so overwhelming by now to the point that I believe the so-called paranormal occurs beyond reasonable doubt. If you believe it all is zero, ziltch, carry on without me.  No sense in us debating this AGAIN.
Comment icon #38 Posted by psyche101 on 26 May, 2020, 3:17
I just don't know why you would conflate anecdotes and science. That's ridiculous.  We know what you believe. I'm not sure why you keep telling everyone. It's not like you're conclusions are sensible or logical. You don't even have the integrity to keep up your side of a bet. You know this is a discussion forum, not a blog right?
Comment icon #39 Posted by _Only on 25 June, 2020, 16:59
Seeing Akroyd in interviews, he does seem to me a bit gullible in this area (UFOs and paranormal), but I admire his passion on it, and he in no way seems a particularly unintelligent person.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 4 July, 2020, 20:42
Who you gonna call? Someone-else-Dan Aykroyd -Casper
Comment icon #41 Posted by Jujo-jo on 22 July, 2020, 22:44
Yes, I live in the U.S & I've been watching it on the travel channel. It is interesting.
Comment icon #42 Posted by Socio on 23 July, 2020, 1:03
Really? What time and day? I get that channel I am going to have to check my guide.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Jujo-jo on 27 July, 2020, 4:10
Lol I'm still trying to figure that out, it seems to be on at random times and days, I've watched it during the week on my lunch hour, did not note the day; a cpl times about 3pm or 4pm and at 6pm. And husband and I watched it last night (Saturday) right up to about 8/9:00

Prince Philip 'collects books on UFOs and ET'
11-25-2020
Recent reports suggest that the Queen's husband has a keen interest in reading about the UFO phenomenon.
Archaeologist finds 'childhood home of Jesus'
11-25-2020
Prof Ken Dark believes that he has identified the home where Jesus once lived beneath a convent in Nazareth.
Trump may inadvertently veto UFO task force
11-24-2020
The US President is threatening to veto a defense bill that includes funding for the Pentagon's UFO task force.
Mystery '2001' monolith found in Utah desert
11-24-2020
A real-life version of the monolith from '2001: A Space Odyssey' has shown up in the middle of nowhere.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball