Thursday, January 20, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Mike Tyson is set to fight a great white shark

July 17, 2020 | Comment icon 22 comments

This is really a thing, apparently. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Eduardo Merille
The boxing legend will be engaging in the fight of the decade with a giant man-eating shark... yes really.
The 54-year-old former heavyweight champion of the world revealed that he would be participating in the outrageous stunt in the name of 'scientific research' as part of the Discovery Channel's 'Tyson vs Jaws: Rumble on the Reef' event in time for Shark Week.

The fight, which will take place on August 9th, will be commentated by announcer Michael Buffer.

"With famed ring announcer Michael Buffer calling the shots, these two heavyweights will square off underwater, where Mike Tyson will try to score a TKO over the massive shark... all in the name of research," the channel said in a statement.

According to Tyson, the event will help him to overcome his fear of returning to the ring.
"I equate this with overcoming my fear of getting back into the ring at 54 years old," he said.

"I learned from this experience doing Shark Week that whatever intimidates me, I am still able to step up to the challenge of overcoming anything that would prevent me from accomplishing my life's mission of reaching my highest potential in life and bringing me closer to God."

Exactly how the 'fight' will work in practice however remains to be seen.

Source: Independent | Comments (22)

Comment icon #13 Posted by Cookie Monster 2 years ago
Fantastic, I miss Steve Irwin but seems we will soon be in for a similar treat. What a nutter!
Comment icon #14 Posted by Bed of chaos 2 years ago
I read one of his books about 10yrs ago (forget title). He is one in a million. It was absolutely hysterical (couldn't stop laughing).
Comment icon #15 Posted by Amanda Evans 2 years ago
What the f...??
Comment icon #16 Posted by TripGun 2 years ago
The winner depends heavily on the chosen arena...
Comment icon #17 Posted by Jon the frog 2 years ago
And if Tyson is dipped in seal blood before the fight !
Comment icon #18 Posted by Crabby Kitten 1 year ago
This sounds like a cartoon and not a real piece of story. I will be shocked if it is real!
Comment icon #19 Posted by Golden Duck 1 year ago
Comment icon #20 Posted by jethrofloyd 1 year ago
'P*ssed, tired or high?': Fans concerned after Mike Tyson slurs words, almost falls asleep during live TV interview https://www.rt.com/sport/503325-mike-tyson-interview-good-morning-britain/ Fans have reacted with concern after boxing legend Mike Tyson gave an awkward interview on UK breakfast television on Tuesday ahead of his comeback fight with Roy Jones Jr.Speaking via a remote link live from Los Angeles to Piers Morgan and co-host Susanna Reid on ITV's 'Good Morning Britain', the 54-year-old Tyson at times appeared confused, slurring his words during the often brief answers he gave and al... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by Desertrat56 1 year ago
He is an old boxer.  He has taken a lot of hits to the head.  I doubt that he was p**ssed or high, just suffering brain damage.
Comment icon #22 Posted by third_eye 1 year ago