Wednesday, June 23, 2021

House for sale has 'not haunted' sign outside

Posted on Monday, 29 March, 2021 | Comment icon 12 comments

Not your typical 'for sale' sign. Image Credit: Twitter / Margot Bloomstein / @mbloomstein
Residents of a town in Massachusetts have been left perplexed by a very unusual 'for sale' sign.
A trend that seems to have gained in popularity in recent years has been for home owners and estate agents to advertise the fact that the house they are selling is haunted in the hope of attracting more attention from prospective buyers - especially from those with an interest in the paranormal.

In this case however, someone seems to have gone to great lengths to do the complete opposite.

Residents of a Boston-area neighborhood this week couldn't help but notice that a 'for sale' sign outside one of the houses had an additional sign that read 'not haunted' in big red letters.

"This just went up around the corner and I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS," wrote Margot Bloomstein who took a photograph of the unusual sign and posted it up on Twitter.
The precise whereabouts of the house have been withheld for privacy reasons, however the estate agent involved in the sale has reportedly denied having anything to do with the 'not haunted' sign.

So did the homeowner place it there or did someone else do so as a prank ?

Whatever the case, it seems that someone must be very skeptical about the prospect of any paranormal activity going on at the property.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (12)

Tags: Haunted

Comment icon #3 Posted by HandsomeGorilla on 29 March, 2021, 21:47
An honest real estate agent?  Nah, I'd rather believe it's haunted
Comment icon #4 Posted by mesuma on 30 March, 2021, 0:25
It's riddled. If it's not then folk were murdered there and therefore they are expecting for it to be riddled at some point very soon.
Comment icon #5 Posted by ant0n on 30 March, 2021, 4:54
If I were a ghost: - I'd be (very) mischievous; - I'd be haunting every place officially reported as "Not Haunted"; - I'd have great food, beverage, cigars and sex through the people in such places. For example, I'd smoke through smokers, who would be my filters; - I'd be considered the most horrible ghost EVER.
Comment icon #6 Posted by the13bats on 30 March, 2021, 22:51
Beetlejuice? With billions dead then at the least there would be millions of ghosts yet zero to prove it, not one ghost miffed enough by my total skeptical cynicism to at the very least flick my ear or give me a wedgie
Comment icon #7 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 31 March, 2021, 10:58
Thats exactly my arguement, billions of people have died throughout humans short history. Yet nothing. It would be all over the news for ages if there was a sniff of evidence. Nothing but stories, mental problems and an awful meter.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Cryptid_Control on 31 March, 2021, 17:32
  Just think of all the comedians who’ve passed, and tell me not ONE of them, as a ghost, would pull some elaborate hilarious prank. Insanity. If I was a ghost I’d go steal everyone on the blocks left shoelace once a week. Or leave a single pear on their doorsteps. Keep life fun.
Comment icon #9 Posted by ant0n on 31 March, 2021, 17:42
I cannot be more serious.
Comment icon #10 Posted by the13bats on 31 March, 2021, 18:07
Ah, dont sell yourself short, if you try harder, practise a lot at some point you might just step up to being a lot more serious.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Nosy.Matters on 31 March, 2021, 18:37
Casper tricks again, poor kid is bored. Prob Munsters look inside, never judge a hse by it's cover? /rhetorical /sarc eeeer .. judge a hse by its covid? /sars  eeeeh a bit of steering topic askew. Joy.
Comment icon #12 Posted by HollyDolly on 1 April, 2021, 17:20
Great, no photo of the house.Might have to check out the realtor's website to see if they did post a photo. Maybe the house just looks that way. People  are nuts.

Prehistoric rhino was taller than a giraffe
6-23-2021
Weighing the equivalent of four elephants, Paraceratherium linxiaense was an absolute monster.
What are the odds that UFOs are alien ?
6-22-2021
One scientist is using what is known as the Bayes formula to determine the probability that UFOs = ET.
Woman 'falls in love with her alien abductor'
6-22-2021
An alleged alien abductee claims that she has fallen head over heels for one of her extraterrestrial abductors.
Huge 'living fossil' fish can live for 100 years
6-21-2021
A fish once thought to have died out in prehistoric times is continuing to throw up surprises for scientists.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball