Sunday, December 16, 2018
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Huge black triangle UFO

Posted on 6-13-2018 | Comment icon 24 comments

By: Matua | Location: Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
We live in Papamoa and one night my son and I are driving to his high school basketball game at ASB stadium. It's one of the last games of the night, in the middle of winter and I am the passenger because my son has his learner's permit and wants to drive everywhere.

Anyway I am tired after my long day at work, I don't even want to go to basketball and we are almost at the stadium when this giant black triangle, with orange orbs in each corner comes right down in front of us, but hovering above us, just like in the movies. I can't believe what I am seeing, it is huge.

Then my son asks, can you see that dad? "I sure can". "What is it?" And of course I don't want to say UFO, I can't even believe what I am seeing, so something lame like "it's a plane". I am looking for other traffic in the hopes they see it too, but this 100km/hr, well-lit expressway is empty.

My son starts reaching for his phone in his pocket to take pictures, but he is a Learner driver and driving 100k an hour so I tell him to keep his hands on the wheel. I don't have my phone and refuse to believe what I am seeing.

Then the giant black triangle up and disappears, as quickly as it appeared. When we got home I googled pictures of a triangle UFO and found pictures of it. Now if you google this, they look like red lights in the corner, but this was close enough that I noticed the lights are orange, not red. And they have a glowing energy, they aren't lights. And it is huge and it moved so fast and silent.

I am forever changed. I obviously don't tell everyone what we saw cause that's just crazy talk. But we are not alone.

Comments (24)

<< Previous story
Ghastly intuition

Comment icon #15 Posted by skrubby on 14 December, 2018, 12:39
no they real mystery is that there is basketball where he lives..
Comment icon #16 Posted by skrubby on 14 December, 2018, 12:41
then how the hell do people take pictures of ufo's if people have time to take pictures then your wrong
Comment icon #17 Posted by John n b on 14 December, 2018, 15:02
† † † † † † † † † † † † † † †?
Comment icon #18 Posted by skrubby on 14 December, 2018, 15:19
If somone can take a picture of a ufo surely over these several years there wouldve been quite a few with a telescope
Comment icon #19 Posted by John n b on 14 December, 2018, 18:09
Have you ever used a celestial telescope, if you have, then you would understand why it is highly unlikely to get a photo of anything flying across the sky, if your scope was focused on mars and something flew across your field of vision you probably wouldn't even notice it and if you were taking a picture it would probably be a complete blurr.
Comment icon #20 Posted by ChrLzs on 15 December, 2018, 7:38
I'd suggest it best not to assume things about me, especially not when it comes to understanding of the amateur astronomy sector......† Yes, I have EXTENSIVELY used scopes - from smaller Goto's to very large ones, along with all manner of other smaller scopes and binoculars.† I used to be half owner of a large (and awesome) Meade Goto, and at that time was an active member of an astronomy club.† I'm not currently in that situation (too many hobbies, some had to suffer) but I keep in touch and still go to the odd club night.† Back in the 90's, I taught astronomy at a large adult education colle... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by Jenn8779 on 15 December, 2018, 20:21
Yep, you're right on the money!† For many years, I worked for the "largest US defense contractor" and they have locations, programs and contracts all over the world. What better place to test out a new version of a stealth like craft? LoL†
Comment icon #22 Posted by John n b on 15 December, 2018, 22:03
I didn't assume anything about you, I asked you.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Timothy on 16 December, 2018, 0:48
You need to phrase your questions differently, if you want them to come across as sincere.†Unless you donít want that.† Your post really did not look much like a question at all. Iím†sure that you can see†that. Or is this†a bad assumption by me?
Comment icon #24 Posted by John n b on 16 December, 2018, 1:04
I simply asked him had he ever used a celestial scope, I didn't assume that he never had.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York