Monday, August 20, 2018
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Huge black triangle UFO

Posted on 6-13-2018 | Comment icon 9 comments

By: Matua | Location: Mt Maunganui New Zealand

We live in Papamoa and one night my son and I are driving to his high school basketball game at ASB stadium. It's one of the last games of the night, in the middle of winter and I am the passenger because my son has his learner's permit and wants to drive everywhere.

Anyway I am tired after my long day at work, I don't even want to go to basketball and we are almost at the stadium when this giant black triangle, with orange orbs in each corner comes right down in front of us, but hovering above us, just like in the movies. I can't believe what I am seeing, it is huge.

Then my son asks, can you see that dad? "I sure can". "What is it?" And of course I don't want to say UFO, I can't even believe what I am seeing, so something lame like "it's a plane". I am looking for other traffic in the hopes they see it too, but this 100km/hr, well-lit expressway is empty.

My son starts reaching for his phone in his pocket to take pictures, but he is a Learner driver and driving 100k an hour so I tell him to keep his hands on the wheel. I don't have my phone and refuse to believe what I am seeing.

Then the giant black triangle up and disappears, as quickly as it appeared. When we got home I googled pictures of a triangle UFO and found pictures of it. Now if you google this, they look like red lights in the corner, but this was close enough that I noticed the lights are orange, not red. And they have a glowing energy, they aren't lights. And it is huge and it moved so fast and silent.

I am forever changed. I obviously don't tell everyone what we saw cause that's just crazy talk. But we are not alone.

Comments (9)

<< Previous story
Ghastly intuition

Comment icon #1 Posted by quiXilver on 13 June, 2018, 14:36
Thanks for sharing mate. That experience is a game changer for certain.
Comment icon #2 Posted by oldrover on 13 June, 2018, 15:27
They play basketball in New Zealand? Basketbell?
Comment icon #3 Posted by Hawkin on 4 July, 2018, 5:10
Didn't say if they experienced any missing time like a lot of these cases. Like to know more about it if there is more to know.
Comment icon #4 Posted by CloudSix on 4 July, 2018, 7:15
It's really convenient and troubling how these incredible UFO encounters mostly happen in the middle of nowhere and at night...
Comment icon #5 Posted by ChrLzs on 5 July, 2018, 0:59
Does the story include how they checked with the local astronomy club to see who had all-night skycams running?  It can't have been that late that no-one else was around, so are there other reports? Other than that, just another cool story bro.
Comment icon #6 Posted by ChaosRose on 5 July, 2018, 1:12
It just sounds like a Stealth.
Comment icon #7 Posted by TripGun on 16 July, 2018, 17:03
The triangle ones are the reversed engineered ones, the real ones are round.
Comment icon #8 Posted by tnt843 on 16 July, 2018, 20:32
Confused here. Why wouldn't you use your son's phone to take the Pic? After all, you told him to put both hands back on the wheel when he was reaching for 'his' phone.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Matt221 on 17 July, 2018, 17:42
Years ago before we all had mobile phones a mate and I were fishing on Holland marshes near Clacton and over the sea we saw a massive triangle shape in the sky we never did make out what it was but guessed it was some kind of military aircraft it was unusual to say the least

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas