Sunday, October 21, 2018
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Feel something on side of bed

Posted on 8-9-2018 | Comment icon 9 comments

By: GGma | Location: USA

Sometimes at night I am awakened by the feel of someone sitting on the edge of the bed. My husband often falls asleep in his recliner and sometimes doesn't come to bed till the wee hours of the night.

When he does, I reach out and take his hand and he squeezes mine and says goodnight.

But every now and then, when I feel someone sitting on the edge of my husbands side of the bed, I reach out my hand and no one is there! This has been going on for years.

I am not scared silly and have never felt anything threatening or malevolent. I just go back to sleep.

2 weeks ago I was suddenly awakened by a weight of some sort being dropped on my feet. Turned the light on... nothing there.

What the heck was that? Again... not scared, just can't figure this out.

Comments (9)

Comment icon #1 Posted by papageorge1 on 9 August, 2018, 22:51
It seems a lot of people have similar experiences and probably more than you think. One possibility is a non-physical visitor. Any suspicions or sense of who it could be? Of course there is also the normal phenomena of dream/hallucination and that you are just imaging the visitor.
Comment icon #2 Posted by MissJatti on 10 August, 2018, 15:17
Sense of loneliness can make you imagine things that are not necessarily there
Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdoll on 11 September, 2018, 1:22
sometimes i think my cat jumps on the bed and i reach over to pet him and he's not there.
Comment icon #4 Posted by MWoo7 on 11 September, 2018, 1:24
done that, just don't in the woods
Comment icon #5 Posted by Piney on 11 September, 2018, 1:48
Accidentally pet a skunk did we?
Comment icon #6 Posted by MWoo7 on 11 September, 2018, 1:57
HA!  how in the world?, true !.. yep-- not exactly sure who but someone had rolled over or stuck their hand out of sleeping bag or some crap, anyway ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE and I was young but I can remember gagging and getting sick from the smell even the next day, it was all over camp.  Something one never forgets.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Piney on 11 September, 2018, 2:02
I got sprayed right in the face when I was 15. I puked for 2 days and threw my clothes away.
Comment icon #8 Posted by MWoo7 on 11 September, 2018, 2:14
I feel much better now HA!  Yep either cousin or the giant Jesse, someone didn't see or know it was a skunk and touched it or it was gettiing in the tent or sleeping bag or was right in there with them in their tent, a lot of us well two groups were just under Lean to structures , NOTHING MATTERED ! EVERYONE WAS THROWING UP, at first it was funny, then not!, oh that was bad.
Comment icon #9 Posted by GlitterRose on 11 September, 2018, 2:49
I've had that experience while lying in bed with my partner watching TV, and he felt it, too. You could even see an impression. The LBRP took care of it.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas