Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

He came in the night

Posted on 12-19-2019 | Comment icon 9 comments

By: pspbutterfly | Location: CA

Image Credit: sxc.hu
I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night out of a dead sleep, feeling like there was a man standing extremely close to me by my bedside. Although I could not see anyone, I felt threatened.

I immediately started screaming "Get away from me! Get away from me!"

My daughter came rushing into my bedroom to check on me. There was no one there. I told my daughter that I felt a man's presence. I told her that I felt like he was in a state of alarm and urgency. My daughter was horrified because a few minutes prior to my experience, she too had been suddenly awoken out of a deep sleep, feeling like there was a man standing in her room staring at her and sizing her up.
My daughter said she felt him leave her room straight through the wall which goes straight into my bedroom. We both felt like he was a young man some where around his 30s.

This is one of many experiences I have had in my life. More to come.

Comments (9)

<< Previous story
My reptilian encounter

Comment icon #1 Posted by papageorge1 on 19 December, 2019, 16:17
Sounds like they made a reasonable speculation: We both speculated that maybe this man recently died and had some unfinished business and was looking for a suitable host. Papameter  67% Paranormal   33% Hoax/Natural
Comment icon #2 Posted by MissJatti on 22 December, 2019, 10:46
Why would a dead man go into a living woman. Not being sexist. But if true going into someone to be a host, to me is malevolent. Then it would rather go into a male rather than a female, because on averagely, male are bulkier, harder and stronger for evil going activities. If the dead man was benevolent, then why make people suffer by becoming a host.
Comment icon #3 Posted by jowasmus on 23 December, 2019, 14:41
I understand the feeling of "somebody" being in the room. It's enough to scare me if I'm alone, but I have to ask, how do you tell the difference between a male presence and a female presence if you don't see anything nor words are spoken? Not trying to be smart, I just don't understand.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Debra F. II on 24 December, 2019, 20:00
 Masculinity and femininity, you know how you feel inside, when you're in a room full of women vs the feeling you get when you're in a room full of men. Is my guess and feeling on it. Things have happened in our home and I could distinctly tell if it were male other times female, other times wtf! lol and other times, I'd be like... hmm was that a male entity or female but i dont ponder on it for long, the thoughts quickly leave and I'm off on to whatever it was I was doing at the time.  After reading this my thoughts were... hearing and seeing are more powerful then feeling... but none the les... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by jowasmus on 30 December, 2019, 17:52
The way I feel when in a room full of men or women is still based on sight. I'm going to have to try that out later when somebody walks into the room with me & I don't see them, it's a 2/3rds chance of being my son or my wife or daughter. Just never thought about that before. As for feelings, I'm the guy that opens the door and looks out when I hear something at 2am. I drove a wrecker (tow truck) for a long time & have been up at all hours. I'm more comfortable in the cool dark than the warm sun, but I can also really freak myself out. My son once dreamed of a solid black arm reaching ... [More]
Comment icon #6 Posted by Festina Lente on 31 December, 2019, 21:49
 It is something deeply felt.  One just knows.  One  “hears”  them but not with ones physical senses.  ; )
Comment icon #7 Posted by Festina Lente on 31 December, 2019, 21:59
Afraid of the dark?  One can chat with them and be sure to question them.    Never be afraid EVER.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Festina Lente on 31 December, 2019, 22:03
“Trust nothing you hear and only half of what you see”.  Somebody said it, it was attributed to Poe but not sure it’s his work.  Good advice in any event.
Comment icon #9 Posted by qxcontinuum on 13 January, 2020, 6:11
I am hoping google chrome will automatically translate this page for you once opening  https://folclor-romanesc.ro/mitul-zburatorului/

Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA