Friday, July 3, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please post your story up on our forum's Stories & Experiences section. Not registered ? You can create a free account - here.

Unexplained smoke or fog

Posted on 12-19-2019 | Comment icon 10 comments

By: Capin80 | Location: West Texas, USA

Image Credit: sxc.hu
I'm 39 and recently moved back to live with my dad. He lives on 5 acres out in the boonies in a small town called Denver City. He's been here since 1976, and I moved away in 1996. Growing up out here, I have had many strange things happen which could not be explained.

Behind our property there's a pit that we found as kids. In this pit, we found man arrowheads, shoe boxes full. We called it the Indian pit. We also found animal bones in there. My mother's mom was also into witchcraft and after my parents divorced in 1984, there was great tension between my grandmother and dad. So I don't know if these things are happening because of the Indians who used to live here, or maybe a curse from my grandmother.

My dad built a house adjacent to his about 13 years ago for me and my sisters to live in if we ever needed a place to stay. So me and husband and daughter moved in January 2019. After living here for 4 months, I had something happen that I've never experienced before.
One night around 11 pm I was using the restroom and was having difficulty with my bowels, so I was in there for a while. I had the main lights off which are bright, and instead had a lamp on creating a soft dim light, which was how we always had the lights on at night in there.

I was looking at my tablet , losing track of time, and about 15 minutes passed. When I looked up from my transfixed gaze from my tablet I saw smoke or fog throughout the whole bathroom, ceiling to floor, and thick! I immediately thought about fire, and started looking for a smoke smell or electrical burning smell.

When I left the bathroom looking for the culprit, I noticed there was no smoke or fog in the rest of the house. I asked my daughter to come verify I wasn't tripping, lol....but I wasn't. She saw it too. So I asked my dad to come over and take a look.

He came over immediately and also could not find a reason for it. There was no smell to it, and it lingered for like 20 minutes. I don't understand what the hell happened....

Comments (10)

<< Previous story
He came in the night

Comment icon #1 Posted by tortugabob on 21 December, 2019, 21:05
I guess there could be odorless farts?  If it was cold in the bathroom the hot gas could condense into a fog.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Debra F. II on 21 December, 2019, 22:50
Theres a lot of spiritual and paranormal things that truely do go on that we dont understand, most people disregard and refuse to believe even if it's right in front of their face.
Comment icon #3 Posted by openozy on 21 December, 2019, 23:40
SBD's
Comment icon #4 Posted by jowasmus on 23 December, 2019, 14:51
Were the windows fogged up or any condensation in the house?
Comment icon #5 Posted by moonman on 23 December, 2019, 15:07
I find it's more the case that when these "paranormal" things happen, far too many people jump straight to "ghosts" as the explanation and don't do any further investigation or apply any critical thought. I don't know if that takes the fun out of it or if it's just too much work to look deeper into it or what, but people should debunk every possible option before blaming "ghosts".
Comment icon #6 Posted by jowasmus on 23 December, 2019, 15:11
That was one thing I liked about the 1st season of Ghost Hunters on SYFY. There were tons of reasons, paint kept in the basement, electrical issues, paranoia, that explained people's paranormal experiences rather than jumping straight to ghosts, but practically everybody jumps. LOL
Comment icon #7 Posted by Debra F. II on 24 December, 2019, 20:15
Yep! I agree and sometimes I do exactly that very quick to "blame it on the ..." or the ... or  even on the cat. I know at times I've been to afraid to try to go debunk things, I have been needing to go debunk an on and off knocking for the last 2 and a half hours now, (husband decided he isnt doing it and went to the other part of the house so he doesnt have to listen to it...) so I will when ready.  Sometimes i have to wait until gaining the courage. As time goes on we're a bit quicker now to debunk things but I think it's because we're used to things happening and not so afraid now. Everyth... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by tortugabob on 1 January, 2020, 22:56
Maybe it was the pot you were smoking?
Comment icon #9 Posted by tortugabob on 1 January, 2020, 22:57
x
Comment icon #10 Posted by 'Walt' E. Kurtz on 1 January, 2020, 23:40
Clouds and mist can appear everywhere on earth yes even on the ground or below.

Grim reaper-like visitation