Monday, February 27, 2017

Man claims to be 160 years old

Posted on Thursday, 12 September, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Nobody has been able to confirm Ebba's age. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Steven Depolo
Dhaqabo Ebba from Ethiopia claims to be almost 40 years older than the previous record holder.
The Ethiopian farmer claims that his recollection of events from over a century ago are proof that he was alive at that time, in particular the invasion of Ethiopia by the kingdom of Italy, a conflict that he says he remembers vividly despite it taking place 120 years ago.

Unfortunately no birth certificate exists to prove Ebba's extreme age, but if it were ever to be confirmed he would exceed the previous record holder for the world's oldest person, Jeanne Calment of France, by 38 years. The currently recognized oldest living person is Misao Okawa of Japan who is 115 years old.

Despite succumbing to blindness, Ebba is said to have a firm and vivid recollection of events that took place in his early years. "When Italy invaded Ethiopia I had two wives,and my son was old enough to herd cattle," he said.

With no way to corroborate his birth date however his true age may already be lost to the mists of time.

Source: Digital Journal | Comments (23)

Tags: Oldest Man

Comment icon #14 Posted by ancient astronaut on 13 September, 2013, 3:02
I claim to be 500 years old, hows that? (Doesn't mean it's true)
Comment icon #15 Posted by RichardRoma on 13 September, 2013, 4:05
He would also hold the world's record as the first oldest person to remember past what he had for breakfast in the morning.
Comment icon #16 Posted by coolguy on 13 September, 2013, 5:06
I think he is not 160 years old maybe 100
Comment icon #17 Posted by MamaTweedy on 13 September, 2013, 18:12
I think it would be cool to live 160 years but i seriously dought someone could live that long unless they lived in an environment with lots of trees and no pollution
Comment icon #18 Posted by stevemagegod on 14 September, 2013, 2:28
Just imagine in another 100 years the oldest person could possibly live up to 300+ years.
Comment icon #19 Posted by freeman88 on 14 September, 2013, 3:01
Yes I'm sure it was a lack of food additives. Because you know back in the day when such things didn't exist people out lived our current generations by decades upon decades.
Comment icon #20 Posted by freeman88 on 14 September, 2013, 3:05
Comment icon #21 Posted by AsylumSpirit on 14 September, 2013, 6:28
How about, considering they claim it is a oral culture and the oldest tend to be walking libraries, he's just recounting what he was told by a passing elder? I swear every time i come on this site my I.Q drops 20 points easy. Reading this bull**** that is. Why keep coming here then?
Comment icon #22 Posted by freetoroam on 14 September, 2013, 10:57
Any chance of us seeing his birth certificate? doubt it, maybe a touch of Alzheimer in his case. I have read about historical events from books, does not mean I was ACTUALLY there, but ask me in another 30 years and I may say I was.
Comment icon #23 Posted by pallidin on 14 September, 2013, 18:44
How about, considering they claim it is a oral culture and the oldest tend to be walking libraries, he's just recounting what he was told by a passing elder? I swear every time i come on this site my I.Q drops 20 points easy. Reading this bull**** that is. Not at all. We all consider this BS, but it is helpful from you and other's to contribute to a subject, as you have well done. That's how our IQ increases, well, at least knowledge that is.

King Tut's tomb to undergo third set of scans
2-27-2017
A new team is set to attempt a last-ditch effort to find evidence of a secret chamber in the tomb.
Fossil of ancient giant penguin unearthed
2-27-2017
This newly described species of penguin is thought to have walked the Earth over 60 million years ago.
Half of all species could disappear by 2100
2-27-2017
Biologists have warned that up to a half of all species could be wiped out by the end of the century.
Hot springs holds 'hair freezing' competition
2-26-2017
Every year, visitors to the Takhini Hot Springs in Yukon are challenged to freeze their hair and brows.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
A look at the world's biggest spider
Posted 2-27-2017 | 1 comment
Jules Sylvester has a close-up look at the truly gargantuan goliath bird-eating spider.

Exploding batteries in slow motion
Posted 2-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return, this time with a slow motion recording of exploding batteries.

Crushing cans
Posted 2-25-2017 | 3 comments
Muhammad Rashid from Pakistan crushes 77 cans with his elbow within one minute.

Is time real ?
Posted 2-24-2017 | 0 comments
Bill Nye talks about the concept of time and how our subjective perceptions of it can change.

Is it possible to re-freeze the Arctic ?
Posted 2-23-2017 | 1 comment
Scientists have proposed a rather unorthodox solution to the problems caused by climate change.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.