Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Man claims to be 160 years old

Posted on Thursday, 12 September, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Nobody has been able to confirm Ebba's age. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Steven Depolo
Dhaqabo Ebba from Ethiopia claims to be almost 40 years older than the previous record holder.
The Ethiopian farmer claims that his recollection of events from over a century ago are proof that he was alive at that time, in particular the invasion of Ethiopia by the kingdom of Italy, a conflict that he says he remembers vividly despite it taking place 120 years ago.

Unfortunately no birth certificate exists to prove Ebba's extreme age, but if it were ever to be confirmed he would exceed the previous record holder for the world's oldest person, Jeanne Calment of France, by 38 years. The currently recognized oldest living person is Misao Okawa of Japan who is 115 years old.

Despite succumbing to blindness, Ebba is said to have a firm and vivid recollection of events that took place in his early years. "When Italy invaded Ethiopia I had two wives,and my son was old enough to herd cattle," he said.

With no way to corroborate his birth date however his true age may already be lost to the mists of time.

Source: Digital Journal | Comments (23)

Tags: Oldest Man

Comment icon #14 Posted by ancient astronaut on 13 September, 2013, 3:02
I claim to be 500 years old, hows that? (Doesn't mean it's true)
Comment icon #15 Posted by RichardRoma on 13 September, 2013, 4:05
He would also hold the world's record as the first oldest person to remember past what he had for breakfast in the morning.
Comment icon #16 Posted by coolguy on 13 September, 2013, 5:06
I think he is not 160 years old maybe 100
Comment icon #17 Posted by MamaTweedy on 13 September, 2013, 18:12
I think it would be cool to live 160 years but i seriously dought someone could live that long unless they lived in an environment with lots of trees and no pollution
Comment icon #18 Posted by stevemagegod on 14 September, 2013, 2:28
Just imagine in another 100 years the oldest person could possibly live up to 300+ years.
Comment icon #19 Posted by freeman88 on 14 September, 2013, 3:01
Yes I'm sure it was a lack of food additives. Because you know back in the day when such things didn't exist people out lived our current generations by decades upon decades.
Comment icon #20 Posted by freeman88 on 14 September, 2013, 3:05
Comment icon #21 Posted by AsylumSpirit on 14 September, 2013, 6:28
How about, considering they claim it is a oral culture and the oldest tend to be walking libraries, he's just recounting what he was told by a passing elder? I swear every time i come on this site my I.Q drops 20 points easy. Reading this bull**** that is. Why keep coming here then?
Comment icon #22 Posted by freetoroam on 14 September, 2013, 10:57
Any chance of us seeing his birth certificate? doubt it, maybe a touch of Alzheimer in his case. I have read about historical events from books, does not mean I was ACTUALLY there, but ask me in another 30 years and I may say I was.
Comment icon #23 Posted by pallidin on 14 September, 2013, 18:44
How about, considering they claim it is a oral culture and the oldest tend to be walking libraries, he's just recounting what he was told by a passing elder? I swear every time i come on this site my I.Q drops 20 points easy. Reading this bull**** that is. Not at all. We all consider this BS, but it is helpful from you and other's to contribute to a subject, as you have well done. That's how our IQ increases, well, at least knowledge that is.

SpaceX plans to send humans to Mars by 2022
9-28-2016
Elon Musk has outlined his extraordinarily ambitious plans to make mankind an interplanetary species.
Proteins found in prehistoric ostrich eggs
9-28-2016
Scientists have discovered the world's oldest genetic information within 3.8 million-year-old eggshells.
Police helicopter films UFO on thermal camera
9-27-2016
Thermal footage of a strange object flying over the Bristol Channel in the UK has been uploaded online.
Melting glaciers could expose Cold War base
9-27-2016
A secret US facility hidden beneath the ice is believed to contain significant amounts of nuclear waste.
Alaska's bubbling lakes
Posted 9-28-2016 | 0 comments
Many lakes in the boreal regions of Alaska are emitting copious amounts of methane gas.

Elephants unite
Posted 9-27-2016 | 0 comments
Two elephant families decide to join together on the plains of Africa in this BBC wildlife clip.

Why do we get pruney fingers in water ?
Posted 9-26-2016 | 2 comments
Why do your fingers turn in to prunes when you stay in the bath too long ?

Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Black magic
9-27-2016 | Mineral Wells, Texas

Crying mother
9-27-2016 | Centrol Mexico

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL