Monday, July 25, 2016

'Bigfoot' print found in Ohio back yard

Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The wilds of Ohio are thought to be prime Bigfoot country. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Todd Petrie
An inexplicably large footprint has been discovered in the back yard of an Ashtabula County resident.
Wendy, whose surname has been withheld for privacy reasons, had been out doing yard work when she came across the massive footprint which was 7.5 inches across and imprinted to a depth of 1.5 inches in to the ground.

"I took a picture to show my mother's husband, who's a hunter, and he said it wasn’t a human's,” she said. "I'm not claiming that footprint to be anything. I don’t know what that is."

Both Wendy and her husband have reported a long history of unusual activity in the area including knocking sounds late at night, strange growling sounds and the sighting of a dark figure bounding across a railway line.

"I didn't believe in the sasquatch before," she added. "And in fact I'm still fighting it. But I can't make sense of that large footprint."

An ABC News report covering the discovery of the footprint can be viewed below.

Source: ABC News | Comments (32)

Tags: Bigfoot, Ohio

Comment icon #23 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 23 September, 2013, 22:59
It left just one print? That seems unlikely for a real life Bigfoot. Yes, and even more unusual - impossible, for a bear.
Comment icon #24 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 1:50
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Ketchum said the average foot size for a male is 17 feet, ...I wear a size 17 Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is....
Comment icon #25 Posted by QuiteContrary on 24 September, 2013, 1:55
...I wear a size 17 Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is.... Actually it's real easy to tell who dad isn't. Have you ever been photographed clearly?
Comment icon #26 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 2:00
*thinks back.....* No, I havent DAMNIT MOM Hicks and their beastiality
Comment icon #27 Posted by Frank Merton on 24 September, 2013, 2:21
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 24 September, 2013, 6:32
Belief in a higher power is something particular to humans. We call it a religion, but really it just something we do to make feel good. Bigfoot as a religion? Fir some that is a very accurate deion. Much same as some believe in aliens and UFOs.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 24 September, 2013, 17:37
So we have supernatural big apes about drifting from one dimension to another. That is an interesting way to rationalize the problems with one's hypothesis. Look up "rationalization." It seems to be the main thing that goes on when people are defending their religion. I assume you aimed this at me....? I don't take orders from anyone, sir.
Comment icon #30 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 19:46
Not even science apaprently
Comment icon #31 Posted by slaughtr on 2 October, 2013, 12:02
This is what I say to some of you BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH SECKLE ALREADY.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Frank Merton on 2 October, 2013, 12:09
I guess he would actually need to look it up if he took that as an order.

New Megaraptor dinosaur found in Argentina
7-25-2016
A new species of meat-eating dinosaur dating back to the Late Cretaceous has been unearthed in Patagonia.
Has 'Beast of Bodmin' mystery been solved ?
7-24-2016
A zoo owner has come forward with information that could help to explain the alien big cat phenomenon.
New metal is four times tougher than titanium
7-24-2016
Scientists have created a brand new type of super-metal by melting together titanium and gold.
Defense firm buys out hoverboard company
7-24-2016
The jet-powered Flyboard Air hoverboard may soon be seeing use in a range of military applications.
Are great leaders born or made ?
Posted 7-25-2016 | 3 comments
What does it take to be a great leader and how does one go about accomplishing that ?

Real-life Pokemon
Posted 7-24-2016 | 1 comment
Are there any animals in the real world that could be considered actual real-life Pokemon ?

Trans-Atlantic solar powered flight
Posted 7-23-2016 | 0 comments
A look at Solar Impulse 2, the aircraft that crossed the Atlantic using the power of the sun.

The Earth from space
Posted 7-22-2016 | 0 comments
A view of our home planet as seen through the EPIC camera on the NOAA's DSCOVR satellite

How are Oreos made ?
Posted 7-21-2016 | 2 comments
A look at the manufacturing processes involved in the creation of Oreo cookies.

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah