Thursday, July 27, 2017

'Bigfoot' print found in Ohio back yard

Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The wilds of Ohio are thought to be prime Bigfoot country. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Todd Petrie
An inexplicably large footprint has been discovered in the back yard of an Ashtabula County resident.
Wendy, whose surname has been withheld for privacy reasons, had been out doing yard work when she came across the massive footprint which was 7.5 inches across and imprinted to a depth of 1.5 inches in to the ground.

"I took a picture to show my mother's husband, who's a hunter, and he said it wasnít a human's,Ē she said. "I'm not claiming that footprint to be anything. I donít know what that is."

Both Wendy and her husband have reported a long history of unusual activity in the area including knocking sounds late at night, strange growling sounds and the sighting of a dark figure bounding across a railway line.

"I didn't believe in the sasquatch before," she added. "And in fact I'm still fighting it. But I can't make sense of that large footprint."

An ABC News report covering the discovery of the footprint can be viewed below.

Source: ABC News | Comments (32)

Tags: Bigfoot, Ohio

Comment icon #23 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 23 September, 2013, 22:59
It left just one print? That seems unlikely for a real life Bigfoot. Yes, and even more unusual - impossible, for a bear.
Comment icon #24 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 1:50
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Ketchum said the average foot size for a male is 17 feet, ...I wear a size 17 Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is....
Comment icon #25 Posted by QuiteContrary on 24 September, 2013, 1:55
...I wear a size 17 Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is.... Actually it's real easy to tell who dad isn't. Have you ever been photographed clearly?
Comment icon #26 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 2:00
*thinks back.....* No, I havent DAMNIT MOM Hicks and their beastiality
Comment icon #27 Posted by Frank Merton on 24 September, 2013, 2:21
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 24 September, 2013, 6:32
Belief in a higher power is something particular to humans. We call it a religion, but really it just something we do to make feel good. Bigfoot as a religion? Fir some that is a very accurate deion. Much same as some believe in aliens and UFOs.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 24 September, 2013, 17:37
So we have supernatural big apes about drifting from one dimension to another. That is an interesting way to rationalize the problems with one's hypothesis. Look up "rationalization." It seems to be the main thing that goes on when people are defending their religion. I assume you aimed this at me....? I don't take orders from anyone, sir.
Comment icon #30 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 19:46
Not even science apaprently
Comment icon #31 Posted by slaughtr on 2 October, 2013, 12:02
This is what I say to some of you BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH SECKLE ALREADY.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Frank Merton on 2 October, 2013, 12:09
I guess he would actually need to look it up if he took that as an order.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI