Wednesday, December 7, 2016

'Bigfoot' print found in Ohio back yard

Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The wilds of Ohio are thought to be prime Bigfoot country. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Todd Petrie
An inexplicably large footprint has been discovered in the back yard of an Ashtabula County resident.
Wendy, whose surname has been withheld for privacy reasons, had been out doing yard work when she came across the massive footprint which was 7.5 inches across and imprinted to a depth of 1.5 inches in to the ground.

"I took a picture to show my mother's husband, who's a hunter, and he said it wasn’t a human's,” she said. "I'm not claiming that footprint to be anything. I don’t know what that is."

Both Wendy and her husband have reported a long history of unusual activity in the area including knocking sounds late at night, strange growling sounds and the sighting of a dark figure bounding across a railway line.

"I didn't believe in the sasquatch before," she added. "And in fact I'm still fighting it. But I can't make sense of that large footprint."

An ABC News report covering the discovery of the footprint can be viewed below.

Source: ABC News | Comments (32)

Tags: Bigfoot, Ohio

Comment icon #23 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 23 September, 2013, 22:59
It left just one print? That seems unlikely for a real life Bigfoot. Yes, and even more unusual - impossible, for a bear.
Comment icon #24 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 1:50
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Ketchum said the average foot size for a male is 17 feet, ...I wear a size 17 Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is....
Comment icon #25 Posted by QuiteContrary on 24 September, 2013, 1:55
...I wear a size 17 Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is.... Actually it's real easy to tell who dad isn't. Have you ever been photographed clearly?
Comment icon #26 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 2:00
*thinks back.....* No, I havent DAMNIT MOM Hicks and their beastiality
Comment icon #27 Posted by Frank Merton on 24 September, 2013, 2:21
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 24 September, 2013, 6:32
Belief in a higher power is something particular to humans. We call it a religion, but really it just something we do to make feel good. Bigfoot as a religion? Fir some that is a very accurate deion. Much same as some believe in aliens and UFOs.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 24 September, 2013, 17:37
So we have supernatural big apes about drifting from one dimension to another. That is an interesting way to rationalize the problems with one's hypothesis. Look up "rationalization." It seems to be the main thing that goes on when people are defending their religion. I assume you aimed this at me....? I don't take orders from anyone, sir.
Comment icon #30 Posted by SkepticalB on 24 September, 2013, 19:46
Not even science apaprently
Comment icon #31 Posted by slaughtr on 2 October, 2013, 12:02
This is what I say to some of you BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH SECKLE ALREADY.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Frank Merton on 2 October, 2013, 12:09
I guess he would actually need to look it up if he took that as an order.

Loch Ness Monster sightings are on the rise
12-7-2016
There have been more sightings of the elusive creature this year than during any other this millennium.
Earth to see 25-hour days as rotation slows
12-7-2016
Scientists have been attempting to work out how long it will take for us to gain an extra hour per day.
Germany's nuclear fusion reactor really works
12-6-2016
Scientists have confirmed that the experimental machine is operating with 'unprecedented accuracy'.
Mysterious 'sea blob' sighted after 100 years
12-6-2016
A strange-looking invertebrate has been spotted by a deep-sea ROV over a century after its discovery.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
What happens when you swallow gum ?
Posted 12-7-2016 | 3 comments
Ever swallowed a piece of chewing gum by accident ? Here's what happens.

Indestructible coating ?
Posted 12-6-2016 | 4 comments
A look at polyurea, an elastomer that can make objects extremely difficult to damage.

World's longest shout
Posted 12-5-2016 | 1 comment
Christian Kinner from Germany managed to shout for over 43 seconds non-stop.

Top 10 facts about James Webb Telescope
Posted 12-4-2016 | 0 comments
A look at the upcoming orbital observatory and what it will see in the depths of space.

Jumping widowbirds
Posted 12-3-2016 | 2 comments
These male widowbirds are competing to see which of them can jump the highest.

Not my daughter