Saturday, December 10, 2016

'Bigfoot' filmed in remote Canadian woods

Posted on Monday, 30 September, 2013 | Comment icon 47 comments

Could there be a creature lurking in the woods ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donar Reiskoffer
A new video has appeared online that claims to show evidence of a hominid creature lurking in the forest.
The footage was recorded by a man referred to only by his first name, Jim, who has been seeking evidence of the creature since 1996. The video was published around a week ago and was filmed in a ravine where he'd been searching an area of woodland with a camera in the hope of catching a glimpse of his target.

The footage begins with Jim creating a loud wood knock and then venturing in to the trees to look for any activity. After a few minutes he comes across a creature partially obscured by the foliage and records it for a while before it moves away. In the video caption he describes the creature as being approximately 7ft tall and weighing 500lbs.

"Upon reflection on the chain of events , I'm certain that this individual both heard me earlier and knew of my presence and possibly my location directly behind it," he wrote. "I've returned to the area several times and did not notice any obvious signs of it's return , however it's return is not ruled out."

The footage has, unsurprisingly, attracted a large amount of skepticism. Critics argue that the creature in the video could simply be a man in a suit and that the whole thing was staged.

Unfortunately, as tends to be the case with cryptozoological videos in general, footage alone is never going to be considered sufficient evidence to prove the existence of an unknown species of hominid and ultimately only a body is ever going to satisfy science.

The video is available to view - here.

Source: YouTube | Comments (47)

Tags: Bigfoot, Canada

Comment icon #38 Posted by odiesbsc on 13 October, 2013, 21:37
I keep rewinding to 2:23 and I can't for the life of me see who you're talking about... What guy? There's only trees, I can't see any peson at all in that frame. It's better if you watch in the full screen mode. I still can't seem to stop the video on 2:23 as it's just a split second. The camera slowly pans to the left and when the image of the guy appears, they quickly pan back to the right. If you watch it on full screen and look carefully toward the left about 2/3 or 3/4 the way up you should be able to see the guy. It looks like he is standing, leaning against a tree with some sort of bigf... [More]
Comment icon #39 Posted by odiesbsc on 13 October, 2013, 21:51
It's better if you watch in the full screen mode. I still can't seem to stop the video on 2:23 as it's just a split second. The camera slowly pans to the left and when the image of the guy appears, they quickly pan back to the right. If you watch it on full screen and look carefully toward the left about 2/3 or 3/4 the way up you should be able to see the guy. It looks like he is standing, leaning against a tree with some sort of bigfoot suit on. Also, he would be to the right of the tree he's leaning on. I hope this helps. Odie I just re-watched the video. My mistake, I managed to stop the vi... [More]
Comment icon #40 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 15 October, 2013, 17:50
I don't have a good joke for this one. This is just another guy (weakly) extracting attention from us.
Comment icon #41 Posted by Domina Lucis on 15 October, 2013, 22:29
I thought Bigfeets could sense a human from a mile away, thus they never seemed to get captured and always run away from us. What's this 'Foot's problem? Guess he's just too lazy to get up. On a side note, the forest he's in is pretty.
Comment icon #42 Posted by DieChecker on 16 October, 2013, 3:06
Here's an idea, throw a rock or yell at him so he looks in your direction - BAM, face shot on video for all the world to see. Well, because then you'd see the eye holes in the mask... Duh! It's better if you watch in the full screen mode. I still can't seem to stop the video on 2:23 as it's just a split second. The camera slowly pans to the left and when the image of the guy appears, they quickly pan back to the right. If you watch it on full screen and look carefully toward the left about 2/3 or 3/4 the way up you should be able to see the guy. It looks like he is standing, leaning against a ... [More]
Comment icon #43 Posted by keninsc on 16 October, 2013, 4:28
I have to agree with DC, there are too many things in this video that just don't look right to me.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Slave2Fate on 16 October, 2013, 6:50
The only reason someone would copyright a Biff video is so they could make money off of it if any documentary decided to use the footage. That doesn't necessarily imply a fake but it does cast doubt toward motive and authenticity. Always be wary any time Bigfoot and profit are lumped together.
Comment icon #45 Posted by QuiteContrary on 16 October, 2013, 17:40
Crocs aren't such a big deal. His buddy wears flip flops in another of his several bigfoot videos.
Comment icon #46 Posted by alfonso on 20 October, 2013, 12:57
never trust a guy who wears crocs
Comment icon #47 Posted by bulveye on 20 October, 2013, 16:09
Well if we take it at face value then this video 'proves' that something brown and hairy was in the woods. If I saw something large, brown and hairy in the woods I would assume it was a bear unless I have clear evidence to the contrary. There is no evidence in the video to show that this creature is not a bear or a man in a suit etc. So just another useless video to add to the ever increasing pile 'bigfoot' videos.

Face of Robert the Bruce has been revealed
12-10-2016
Scientists have put together a reconstruction of what the famous Scottish king would have looked like.
It is possible to taste garlic with your feet
12-10-2016
A bizarre science experiment has shown that you don't need to actually eat garlic in order to taste it.
What would a talking monkey sound like ?
12-10-2016
Scientists at Princeton University have simulated what an English-speaking macaque would sound like.
New Rendlesham UFO witness comes forward
12-9-2016
A former security police officer has described the object he witnessed that night as 'not of this world'.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
World's largest Rube Goldberg machine
Posted 12-10-2016 | 1 comment
This ludicrously convoluted contraption was used to turn on Christmas tree lights.

Why do some coins have ridges ?
Posted 12-9-2016 | 2 comments
What is the purpose of the ridges found around the edges of some coins ?

Exploding 6ft water balloon in slow motion
Posted 12-8-2016 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys film what happens when you sit inside a giant exploding water balloon.

What happens when you swallow gum ?
Posted 12-7-2016 | 3 comments
Ever swallowed a piece of chewing gum by accident ? Here's what happens.

Indestructible coating ?
Posted 12-6-2016 | 5 comments
A look at polyurea, an elastomer that can make objects extremely difficult to damage.

Not my daughter