Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Are birthmarks connected to reincarnation ?

Posted on Saturday, 16 November, 2013 | Comment icon 64 comments

Many people believe birthmarks are related to a past life. Image Credit: CC 2.0 JDP90
In some cultures, birthmarks are thought to be connected to aspects of a person's previous life.
Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia has been continuing the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson who investigated more than 210 cases of children with birthmarks believed to hold some significance to a past life.

Some people believe that birthmarks are either the site of a violent injury or that they pertain to a memory that a person has retained from their previous incarnation. In some cultures this idea is taken one step further by deliberately marking the bodies of deceased loved ones to help identify them in their next life.

One example of this is the case of an old woman in Thailand who told her family that she would like to be reincarnated as a boy. When she died, her daughter dipped her finger in white paste and marked the back of her mother's neck with a distinctive vertical line.

A short time later the daughter gave birth to a baby boy who remarkably appeared to exhibit a birthmark identical to the white line she'd painted on to her mother's neck. When the boy got older he also developed the habit of claiming possession of items that belonged to his grandmother as if they were his own.

The story may sound far-fetched, but according to Dr. Tucker there have been numerous such cases reported over the years. Whether such stories really do represent evidence of reincarnation however is a matter that will likely remain the subject of controversy and debate for a long time to come.

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (64)

Tags: Reincarnation

Comment icon #55 Posted by Kelevra on 12 January, 2014, 3:32
I have a birthmark on my.....rear. I shudder to think what that means for my past life.
Comment icon #56 Posted by stevemagegod on 12 February, 2014, 21:31
Comment icon #57 Posted by travelnjones on 13 February, 2014, 0:26
Well my friend has a birth mark and has been mouthing off so maybe
Comment icon #58 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 23:13
Just to join the fun, I have a small, not-quite-perfectly rectangular birthmark under my shoulder blade. I have no idea what it might correspond to in size or shape.
Comment icon #59 Posted by coldethyl on 5 April, 2014, 16:05
That is where you were triple injected with poison in another life in a struggle with 3 men. waaaaaooooooooo
Comment icon #60 Posted by Jilliman on 7 April, 2014, 21:45
I have a huge birthmark in the shape of Australia on the top of my left thigh. Maybe I got bit by some poisonous snake or spider in Australia in my past life. Would be funny to think of.
Comment icon #61 Posted by gluttonfree2 on 10 October, 2014, 16:43
OK i'm catholic so i am just confuzzledOK i'm catholic so i am just confuzzled
Comment icon #62 Posted by gluttonfree2 on 10 October, 2014, 16:44
mine looks like a bridge or a spear mark on my right side one inch under my belly button
Comment icon #63 Posted by Red Howler on 10 October, 2014, 23:48
The main answer to OP's question is No.
Comment icon #64 Posted by illamanati on 13 April, 2015, 1:05
I have a birthmark on the left side of my forehead that's shaped like a slightly tilted oval (but it's pretty close to being a circle) and one shaped like a cat with no tail/a fish/a bug/ a hot air balloon with no basket (it really depends on how you look at it) near my left knee cap. The only times I've died in my dreams so far are from a blue yoda and a talking shark and nothing in my dreams seem to relate to them so I was wondering if any of you knew about anything that would relate to them. Thank you!

Australian town is invaded by 100,000 bats
5-24-2016
Batemans Bay in New South Wales has become so overrun that a state of emergency has been declared.
Warning goes out over 'vampire fish' in UK
5-24-2016
Swimmers have been urged to be on the lookout due to a rise in the number of blood-sucking sea lampreys.
Are there trillions of alien civilizations ?
5-22-2016
A new study has suggested that the universe is likely to be teeming with extraterrestrial life forms.
Man-eating Nile crocodiles found in Florida
5-22-2016
Using DNA testing, scientists have identified at least three of the deadly reptiles in Florida's swamps.
What happened before the Big Bang ?
Posted 5-22-2016 | 3 comments
Is it possible to find out what took place before our universe came in to existence ?

Prehistoric creatures that still exist
Posted 5-21-2016 | 1 comment
A look at some remarkable animal species that have survived for millions of years.

Why do we have 10 fingers and 10 toes ?
Posted 5-20-2016 | 2 comments
What is the reason that we happen to have exactly 10 fingers and toes ? Why that number ?

Talking tapes
Posted 5-19-2016 | 1 comment
Tim demonstrates a unique form of audio recording which uses ridged strips of plastic.

Building a popcorn machine
Posted 5-18-2016 | 1 comment
Adam Savage and Simone Giertz build a novel hands-free device for eating popcorn.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas