Monday, February 20, 2017

Are birthmarks connected to reincarnation ?

Posted on Saturday, 16 November, 2013 | Comment icon 64 comments

Many people believe birthmarks are related to a past life. Image Credit: CC 2.0 JDP90
In some cultures, birthmarks are thought to be connected to aspects of a person's previous life.
Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia has been continuing the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson who investigated more than 210 cases of children with birthmarks believed to hold some significance to a past life.

Some people believe that birthmarks are either the site of a violent injury or that they pertain to a memory that a person has retained from their previous incarnation. In some cultures this idea is taken one step further by deliberately marking the bodies of deceased loved ones to help identify them in their next life.

One example of this is the case of an old woman in Thailand who told her family that she would like to be reincarnated as a boy. When she died, her daughter dipped her finger in white paste and marked the back of her mother's neck with a distinctive vertical line.

A short time later the daughter gave birth to a baby boy who remarkably appeared to exhibit a birthmark identical to the white line she'd painted on to her mother's neck. When the boy got older he also developed the habit of claiming possession of items that belonged to his grandmother as if they were his own.

The story may sound far-fetched, but according to Dr. Tucker there have been numerous such cases reported over the years. Whether such stories really do represent evidence of reincarnation however is a matter that will likely remain the subject of controversy and debate for a long time to come.

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (64)

Tags: Reincarnation

Comment icon #55 Posted by Kelevra on 12 January, 2014, 3:32
I have a birthmark on my.....rear. I shudder to think what that means for my past life.
Comment icon #56 Posted by stevemagegod on 12 February, 2014, 21:31
Hmm i don't have any unique birthmarks but my sister does and it looks almost like a bullet wound where someone must of shot her or something. And if it was a bullet wound then it would different kill her just from the possession it is on.
Comment icon #57 Posted by travelnjones on 13 February, 2014, 0:26
Well my friend has a birth mark and has been mouthing off so maybe
Comment icon #58 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 23:13
Just to join the fun, I have a small, not-quite-perfectly rectangular birthmark under my shoulder blade. I have no idea what it might correspond to in size or shape.
Comment icon #59 Posted by coldethyl on 5 April, 2014, 16:05
That is where you were triple injected with poison in another life in a struggle with 3 men. waaaaaooooooooo
Comment icon #60 Posted by Jilliman on 7 April, 2014, 21:45
I have a huge birthmark in the shape of Australia on the top of my left thigh. Maybe I got bit by some poisonous snake or spider in Australia in my past life. Would be funny to think of.
Comment icon #61 Posted by gluttonfree2 on 10 October, 2014, 16:43
OK i'm catholic so i am just confuzzled OK i'm catholic so i am just confuzzled
Comment icon #62 Posted by gluttonfree2 on 10 October, 2014, 16:44
mine looks like a bridge or a spear mark on my right side one inch under my belly button
Comment icon #63 Posted by Red Howler on 10 October, 2014, 23:48
The main answer to OP's question is No.
Comment icon #64 Posted by illamanati on 13 April, 2015, 1:05
I have a birthmark on the left side of my forehead that's shaped like a slightly tilted oval (but it's pretty close to being a circle) and one shaped like a cat with no tail/a fish/a bug/ a hot air balloon with no basket (it really depends on how you look at it) near my left knee cap. The only times I've died in my dreams so far are from a blue yoda and a talking shark and nothing in my dreams seem to relate to them so I was wondering if any of you knew about anything that would relate to them. Thank you!

'Tully monster' mystery continues to endure
2-20-2017
A peculiar prehistoric discovery has left scientists scratching their heads for more than five decades.
Ship set to be deliberately trapped in ice
2-20-2017
Scientists are planning to sail a research vessel to the Arctic so it can get stuck in the ice on purpose.
NASA proposes redefining the word 'planet'
2-20-2017
The move, if successful, could mean that our own solar system actually has more than 100 planets in it.
SpaceX Cape Canaveral launch is a success
2-19-2017
The private space firm has successfully launched a Falcon 9 rocket from NASA's Kennedy Space Center.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
'Spider Boy' contortionist
Posted 2-20-2017 | 2 comments
Teenager Mohammed Alsheikh performed 38 full body spins while maintaining a chest stand.

Slow motion football explosion
Posted 2-19-2017 | 0 comments
What happens when you over-inflate a football ? The Slo Mo Guys investigate.

Long-term space travel and isolation
Posted 2-18-2017 | 1 comment
Not everyone is cut out for the isolation of traveling long distances through space.

Humphead parrotfish
Posted 2-17-2017 | 1 comment
These bizarre-looking 1.5-meter-long fish can use their teeth to turn coral in to a fine sand.

Catching lightning in a bottle
Posted 2-16-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to catch lightning in a bottle ? Adam Savage investigates.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.