Tuesday, September 23, 2014   |   3,877 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Are birthmarks connected to reincarnation ?

Posted on Saturday, 16 November, 2013 | Comment icon 60 comments

Many people believe birthmarks are related to a past life. Image Credit: CC 2.0 JDP90

In some cultures, birthmarks are thought to be connected to aspects of a person's previous life.

Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia has been continuing the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson who investigated more than 210 cases of children with birthmarks believed to hold some significance to a past life.

Some people believe that birthmarks are either the site of a violent injury or that they pertain to a memory that a person has retained from their previous incarnation. In some cultures this idea is taken one step further by deliberately marking the bodies of deceased loved ones to help identify them in their next life.

One example of this is the case of an old woman in Thailand who told her family that she would like to be reincarnated as a boy. When she died, her daughter dipped her finger in white paste and marked the back of her mother's neck with a distinctive vertical line.

A short time later the daughter gave birth to a baby boy who remarkably appeared to exhibit a birthmark identical to the white line she'd painted on to her mother's neck. When the boy got older he also developed the habit of claiming possession of items that belonged to his grandmother as if they were his own.

The story may sound far-fetched, but according to Dr. Tucker there have been numerous such cases reported over the years. Whether such stories really do represent evidence of reincarnation however is a matter that will likely remain the subject of controversy and debate for a long time to come.

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (60)

Tags: Reincarnation

Comment icon #51 Posted by White Crane Feather on 7 January, 2014, 15:35
My mother has a cat paw birthmark on her legg. The story goes that a bob cat snuck into her mothers house and when my grandfather walked in it frightened the cat that ponced on my pregnant grand mother while dashing for the open window scaring the crap out of her. Then my mother is born with this perfect cat paw birth mark on her legg .i have seen the birth mark it almost looks like a tattoo its so pronounced. If the story was true its quite a coincidence.
Comment icon #52 Posted by Awake2Chaos on 7 January, 2014, 19:53
I've had past-life regression hypnotherapy a couple times, and there's nothing. I'm a newbie; never been here before, and if I have, my mind is locked tight like a fort. I have a birthmark on my right shoulder. Draw your own conclusions.
Comment icon #53 Posted by XenoFish on 7 January, 2014, 22:08
I have a birthmark on my right butt cheek that looks like Australia. Perhaps I was a Aussie in a past life? I really can pull off the accent too well.
Comment icon #54 Posted by LogicalThinker on 12 January, 2014, 0:06
Yes maybe you were a Nazi general shot in the head for your war crimes or the ring leader of a peadophile ring and done in by vigilantes...Who knows? What utter nonsense!
Comment icon #55 Posted by Kelevra on 12 January, 2014, 3:32
I have a birthmark on my.....rear. I shudder to think what that means for my past life.
Comment icon #56 Posted by stevemagegod on 12 February, 2014, 21:31
Comment icon #57 Posted by travelnjones on 13 February, 2014, 0:26
Well my friend has a birth mark and has been mouthing off so maybe
Comment icon #58 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 23:13
Just to join the fun, I have a small, not-quite-perfectly rectangular birthmark under my shoulder blade. I have no idea what it might correspond to in size or shape.
Comment icon #59 Posted by coldethyl on 5 April, 2014, 16:05
That is where you were triple injected with poison in another life in a struggle with 3 men. waaaaaooooooooo
Comment icon #60 Posted by Jilliman on 7 April, 2014, 21:45
I have a huge birthmark in the shape of Australia on the top of my left thigh. Maybe I got bit by some poisonous snake or spider in Australia in my past life. Would be funny to think of.

UFOs over Japan