Friday, February 24, 2017

Are birthmarks connected to reincarnation ?

Posted on Saturday, 16 November, 2013 | Comment icon 64 comments

Many people believe birthmarks are related to a past life. Image Credit: CC 2.0 JDP90
In some cultures, birthmarks are thought to be connected to aspects of a person's previous life.
Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia has been continuing the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson who investigated more than 210 cases of children with birthmarks believed to hold some significance to a past life.

Some people believe that birthmarks are either the site of a violent injury or that they pertain to a memory that a person has retained from their previous incarnation. In some cultures this idea is taken one step further by deliberately marking the bodies of deceased loved ones to help identify them in their next life.

One example of this is the case of an old woman in Thailand who told her family that she would like to be reincarnated as a boy. When she died, her daughter dipped her finger in white paste and marked the back of her mother's neck with a distinctive vertical line.

A short time later the daughter gave birth to a baby boy who remarkably appeared to exhibit a birthmark identical to the white line she'd painted on to her mother's neck. When the boy got older he also developed the habit of claiming possession of items that belonged to his grandmother as if they were his own.

The story may sound far-fetched, but according to Dr. Tucker there have been numerous such cases reported over the years. Whether such stories really do represent evidence of reincarnation however is a matter that will likely remain the subject of controversy and debate for a long time to come.

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (64)

Tags: Reincarnation

Comment icon #55 Posted by Kelevra on 12 January, 2014, 3:32
I have a birthmark on my.....rear. I shudder to think what that means for my past life.
Comment icon #56 Posted by stevemagegod on 12 February, 2014, 21:31
Hmm i don't have any unique birthmarks but my sister does and it looks almost like a bullet wound where someone must of shot her or something. And if it was a bullet wound then it would different kill her just from the possession it is on.
Comment icon #57 Posted by travelnjones on 13 February, 2014, 0:26
Well my friend has a birth mark and has been mouthing off so maybe
Comment icon #58 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 23:13
Just to join the fun, I have a small, not-quite-perfectly rectangular birthmark under my shoulder blade. I have no idea what it might correspond to in size or shape.
Comment icon #59 Posted by coldethyl on 5 April, 2014, 16:05
That is where you were triple injected with poison in another life in a struggle with 3 men. waaaaaooooooooo
Comment icon #60 Posted by Jilliman on 7 April, 2014, 21:45
I have a huge birthmark in the shape of Australia on the top of my left thigh. Maybe I got bit by some poisonous snake or spider in Australia in my past life. Would be funny to think of.
Comment icon #61 Posted by gluttonfree2 on 10 October, 2014, 16:43
OK i'm catholic so i am just confuzzled OK i'm catholic so i am just confuzzled
Comment icon #62 Posted by gluttonfree2 on 10 October, 2014, 16:44
mine looks like a bridge or a spear mark on my right side one inch under my belly button
Comment icon #63 Posted by Red Howler on 10 October, 2014, 23:48
The main answer to OP's question is No.
Comment icon #64 Posted by illamanati on 13 April, 2015, 1:05
I have a birthmark on the left side of my forehead that's shaped like a slightly tilted oval (but it's pretty close to being a circle) and one shaped like a cat with no tail/a fish/a bug/ a hot air balloon with no basket (it really depends on how you look at it) near my left knee cap. The only times I've died in my dreams so far are from a blue yoda and a talking shark and nothing in my dreams seem to relate to them so I was wondering if any of you knew about anything that would relate to them. Thank you!

Has the Hadron Collider disproven ghosts ?
2-24-2017
According to Professor Brian Cox, if ghosts existed, CERN's atom smasher should have found them by now.
Boy receives 'biggest ever' antivenom dose
2-24-2017
Matthew Mitchell was rushed to hospital after being bitten by a deadly funnel-web spider in Australia.
Scientists teach bumble bees to roll a ball
2-24-2017
A new experiment has revealed for the first time just how remarkably innovative bees can actually be.
Armless woman lights candles using her feet
2-23-2017
Adriana Irene Macias Hernandez has earned a new world record by lighting 11 candles in 60 seconds.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Is time real ?
Posted 2-24-2017 | 0 comments
Bill Nye talks about the concept of time and how our subjective perceptions of it can change.

Is it possible to re-freeze the Arctic ?
Posted 2-23-2017 | 1 comment
Scientists have proposed a rather unorthodox solution to the problems caused by climate change.

Giant horse conch
Posted 2-22-2017 | 1 comment
A huge conch makes light work of a tulip snail which fails to make its escape.

Water on the Moon
Posted 2-21-2017 | 7 comments
For a long time scientists thought the Moon was bone dry, but as it turns out - it isn't.

'Spider Boy' contortionist
Posted 2-20-2017 | 2 comments
Teenager Mohammed Alsheikh performed 38 full body spins while maintaining a chest stand.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.