Tuesday, September 29, 2020

John Cleese and Dr Jim Tucker on reincarnation

Posted on Monday, 27 May, 2019 | Comment icon 26 comments

Dr Jim Tucker and John Cleese. Image Credit: YouTube / UVA Division of Perceptual Studies
The actor and comedian recently spoke to reincarnation researcher Jim Tucker about children recalling past lives.
While the concept of past lives and the idea that people can remember who they used to be remains a highly controversial topic, some researchers have documented tantalizing evidence suggesting that there may be something more to the phenomenon than a child's overactive imagination.

One such researcher is Dr Jim Tucker, a pediatric psychiatrist who is also the director of the University of Virginia's Division of Perceptual Studies (DoPS) - a group well regarded for its expertise and research in to the nature of consciousness and how it relates to the physical world.
In a recent interview, Tucker met up with comedian and actor John Cleese who also shares a keen interest in the topic of reincarnation and the mystery of children recalling details of their past lives.

During their exchange, Tucker talks about the topic in general as well as about the case of a boy named Ryan who was able to recall very specific details of his past life as a man named Marty Martin.

You can view the interview for yourself in the video below.

Source: Daily Grail | Comments (26)

Tags: Reincarnation, John Cleese, Jim Tucker

Comment icon #17 Posted by Pettytalk on 6 June, 2019, 15:54
I had not seen this particular clip, although I have watched several others where the panel of researchers was represented by a mixed group of pro and con  perspectives. This clip is a good primer for those already disposed to believe in an afterlife just on faith, as it shows that there are bright and well educated individuals putting science to work for a subject that a few around this forum consider nonsense, and baseless, based on their power of logic and scientific knowledge. Those that have personally experienced any one or more of the things discussed in the clip, need not science nor f... [More]
Comment icon #18 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 6 June, 2019, 23:07
I am actually alright with this, and deeply happy to read serious attention being given to something I personally believe in. I am eager for science to find ways to probe into the "unseen" stuff and start sorting it out, whatever shakes out in the end, you know? I know I am not a whack job, though I can be mistaken. I know there is something to this and am eager for science to find out what.  It will take a while for findings like this to be taken up and explored more, but it is a start. The issue of an afterlife and what that might mean is a loaded issue for many, even deeply painful and conf... [More]
Comment icon #19 Posted by LightAngel on 8 June, 2019, 3:04
  "Peter Fenwick is a neuropsychiatrist and neurophysiologist who is known for his pioneering studies of end-of-life phenomena."     Excellent interview!
Comment icon #20 Posted by darkmoonlady on 9 June, 2019, 5:42
My first words were I had another Mother and I "drowneded". I had an open minded Mom who let me talk about it. I have memories from a past life. I also had some trauma from it where I kept hearing this sound in my ear that would echo and repeat til I thought I'd go crazy, mostly trying to go to sleep. Even though my Mom was open minded I was scared to tell her thinking she would have me hospitalized but finally about the time I was 11 I told her and I was crying and she said well maybe it was the sound of water lapping in your ear when drowned and it was the last thing you heard. After that I ... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by LightAngel on 10 June, 2019, 3:51

Comment icon #22 Posted by Desertrat56 on 10 June, 2019, 14:43
My friend told me she was always cold no matter what until she had a past life regression where she had frozen to death, then she was only cold if she were out in the snow.
Comment icon #23 Posted by LightAngel on 11 June, 2019, 12:30
  Interesting!    Edit: The smiley I use here is called "The Thinker". I mention this to prevent confusion.
Comment icon #24 Posted by SmartAZ on 28 June, 2019, 20:57
John Cleese is the one who ranted at length about American football, calling it "handegg". I learned recently that football, soccer and rugby, and the names thereof, all originated at a single BRITISH school. I think we deserve a commentator who researches his rants better than what we have seen from this fellow.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Desertrat56 on 28 June, 2019, 21:19
What does sports have to do with reincarnation?
Comment icon #26 Posted by spartan max2 on 28 June, 2019, 21:26
Thats absolutely crazy. Thanks for sharing.

Man steals truck to attend 'alien rendezvous'
9-29-2020
A man in Utah told police he had needed to 'get to the Colosseum to get on a flight with alien diplomats'.
Three lakes found beneath the surface of Mars
9-29-2020
Scientists have confirmed the existence of a group of hidden lakes under the planet's south polar region.
Physicist solves time travel paradox problem
9-28-2020
Physics student Germain Tobar has come up with the mathematics for what he calls 'paradox-free' time travel.
'Spooky' moving curtain goes viral on TikTok
9-28-2020
A clip that some have attributed to a ghostly visitor has received over 8 million views on the video sharing site.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball