Sunday, August 2, 2015   |   8,765 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Is boy the reincarnation of his grandfather ?

Posted on Tuesday, 12 November, 2013 | Comment icon 34 comments

Could Sam be proof of reincarnation ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Brian Kerry
The case study of a young boy called 'Sam' has revealed tantalizing anecdotal evidence of reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation, the idea that when we die we are reincarnated as someone else and begin a new life, has been a staple of spiritual beliefs for thousands of years. It is only relatively recently however that signs that this might actually be possible have begun to surface.

In the case of Sam, intriguing evidence came to light suggesting that he may in fact be the reincarnation of his own grandfather. Suspicions were first aroused when, while having his diaper changed at the age of 18 months, he turned to his father and said "When I was your age, I used to change your diaper."

A few years later at the age of 4, Sam was shown an old photograph album with pictures of his grandparents. While the pages were being browsed, he suddenly pointed to a picture of his grandfather's first car and said "Thatís my car."

Later, he pointed to a photograph of his grandfather when he was just a boy and exclaimed "There I am!" The picture had contained several boys and there had been no discernible way Sam could have known which one was his grandfather having never seen a photograph of him before.

His mother, who was skeptical that these incidents were evidence of reincarnation, decided to test him by asking him for anything else he could remember. He answered by stating that "bad men" had "turned my sister into a fish." It turned out that his grandfather's sister had been murdered and dumped in a body of water, an event that he couldn't possibly have known about.

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (34)

Tags: Reincarnation

Comment icon #25 Posted by Bobby Digital on 15 November, 2013, 3:24
How does reincarnation explain a steady increase in population?
Comment icon #26 Posted by Frank Merton on 15 November, 2013, 3:28
I don't like that sort of introduction: it tells me the author is prejudiced. How do you know these opinions are so misinformed except that you disagree with them?
Comment icon #27 Posted by Frank Merton on 15 November, 2013, 3:32
That's not a problem, but I appreciate your mentioning it because so many have the same thought. As the population increases opportunity arises for minds up to now confined to the animal world or to one of the lesser hells to be reborn human. Also, as we don't know where minds come from, there is nothing saying their numbers are fixed: the tradition is that the number "available" is uncountable.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Bobby Digital on 15 November, 2013, 3:35
Is that the same thought as explained in Eastern practices such as Hinduism/Buddhism? I've always wondered that when thinking about this subject.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Starseed hybrid 1111 on 15 November, 2013, 5:26
its possible yes now some remember and others don;t but the truth is we all have been reincarnating over and over.we reincarnate for various reasons just because we reincarnated in this lifetime on earth does not mean we have always here.reincarnation also is more than just being reborn it goes far further than that.we are reborn till we learn our lessons and do things right and were also trapped in some kind of net but some evil and manipulative entities as well.i know it sounds out there but its true though.so its goes far beyond reincarnation alone.but we can remember our past life's th... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by Frank Merton on 15 November, 2013, 5:37
The Buddhist view of rebirth/reincarnation is that it is not such a good thing. Since we don't really remember anything from previous lives and the new baby is in fact a new person, the idea that we "learn" or progress spiritually or any other way is incorrect. Sometimes we progress, sometimes we regress, in a seeming infinite random walk. That is just the nature of the thing, and we can fantasize about it all we like, that doesn't change it. Enlightenment is a way the Buddha identified to escape this trap -- achieving enough good karma through compassion and enough under... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by Dunlop9 on 15 November, 2013, 13:16
Reincarnation works in number of ways. Perhaps a boy has to reincarnate into a specific family to learn lessons, evolve or complete a goal and that family has the best option for his goals.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Rolci on 15 November, 2013, 16:37
Funny to think what the world would be like today, had the church not removed all references from the Bible regarding reincarnation. With Christianity being the dominant faith there wouldn't be many cultures disputing it. Some channeled wisdom I found a long time ago say: Carla: Q’uo, just in one other way. H was asking earlier about reincarnation and Christianity, and because I’ve fielded the question so often, I went ahead and spoke up. Do you wish to comment on this subject? I would greatly dislike misleading anyone in any way, and welcome any comment. I am Q’uo... [More]
Comment icon #33 Posted by Chooky88 on 17 November, 2013, 19:42
That's explained by people who say if someone is a new soul or an old soul. It's all very interesting. I had a memory. "I was in a khaki uniform with others about to parade my unit and going off to war. The road was cobblestones and I was standing next to my horse holding its bridle." The memory is like a video loop lasting about one second. I can't tell you what war or what country but I feel it was WW1 and I was in a British cavalry regiment. (cobblestones aren't used in Australia where I'm from). It's the image of my arm out looking at my horse and the... [More]
Comment icon #34 Posted by Rolci on 21 November, 2013, 2:00
Very simple. There are way more souls than bodies. And as we are approaching the harvest, this is the last chance, at least on this particular planet. Which is why we need as many bodies as possible, but there is still way more souls, so who decides who get to incarnate? It's called seniority by vibration. Those souls that have advanced very far and need just a little tiny bit more, a little push to graduate into 4th D, just one more lesson, etc., get to have a physical vehicle at this time. If you missed the chance you'll just have to find another planet that is 3D. Earth is alread... [More]

Other recent forum topics
Forum icon
Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio

Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA

Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL

Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

Floating above my bed
7-2-2015 | Brittany, France

The haunted Queenslander
7-2-2015 | Queensland, Australia

'IT' was there to take me!
7-2-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

My haunted basement apartment
7-1-2015 | Washington DC

Stange happenings one summer
6-23-2015 | Lynchburg, South Carolina

Soulmates in another life ?
6-11-2015 | Florida, United States