Friday, June 23, 2017

Girl in Yemen cries stones from her eyes

Posted on Sunday, 9 February, 2014 | Comment icon 22 comments

Doctors were unable to find an explanation for her condition. Image Credit: sxc.hu
8-year-old Saadia suffers from a strange condition that sees her weep gravel-like stones from her eyes.
The girl's father, Mohammad Saleh Al Jaharani, has been publicly seeking assistance after his attempts to have his daughter diagnosed and treated by local doctors failed to produce any results.

"She has done many X-rays in local clinics," he said. "Doctors said that they detected nothing extraordinary with her eyes." The stones only seem to appear during the day and do not cause any pain however as many as 100 can manifest over a 24-hour period.

The lack of a definitive medical explanation for the phenomenon has lead some to turn to supernatural interpretations such as possession or black magic. Doctors in the region have admitted that they simply don't have the technology available to conduct a proper analysis of the stones.

Saadia's case echoes that of another girl, 15-year-old Saboura Hassan Al Fagiah from Bajel City, who was said to have cried stones from her eyes around a year ago. Unlike Saadia however she was also believed to have suffered from other symptoms such as a swollen abdomen and bouts of unconsciousness in relation to the phenomenon.

Source: Gulf News | Comments (22)

Tags: Eyes, Stones, Yemen

Comment icon #13 Posted by Rye17 on 10 February, 2014, 12:22
Well that was a poorly wrote news article... or written... guess I shouldn't be a grammar nazi if I can't speak words good myself
Comment icon #14 Posted by toast on 10 February, 2014, 12:38
I dont know about fake... here is pictures and everything about her.. https://www.google.c...= Saadiya Saleh From your signature : "The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Anwsers."
Comment icon #15 Posted by Mikko-kun on 10 February, 2014, 14:33
Comment icon #16 Posted by little_dreamer on 10 February, 2014, 20:17
I know this is barely on topic, but can stones be alive? I recall my father saying he saw some document or whatever where they said stones can live a thousand years before they die. They do come from living beings, many stones, like petrified trees and even petrified meat, I've eaten some pretty hard solid meat too. I don't think so. Maybe your dad saw a TV show about bristlecone pine trees. They can live thousands of years. Trees can decay into petrified wood, but this is long after the tree is dead. But no rock or mineral is alive.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Bildr on 11 February, 2014, 2:13
How do I miss the unexplained-mysteries.com of year's ago... This is old news and has been ''debunked'' for a long time.
Comment icon #18 Posted by coolguy on 11 February, 2014, 4:49
Interesting I would like to see a video but iam sure its fake
Comment icon #19 Posted by TheSpoon on 15 February, 2014, 10:00
Comment icon #20 Posted by stereologist on 16 February, 2014, 13:35
I saw this on ripley's believe it or not like 10 years ago. Had close ups of crystal like stones coming out of her eyes, wouldn't suprise me i've seen weirder stuff. Fake that with tech 10yrs ago, I doubt it. Edit; hahaha @ original story, actual rocks lol locals say she's possessed XD Of course they could have faked it 10 years. They made Jurassic Park in 1993. If you read the following you'll learn how this was done. Did not require any tech at all. http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/girl_cries_crystal_tears/
Comment icon #21 Posted by Subsonicjourno on 17 February, 2014, 13:59
oo made first page.
Comment icon #22 Posted by stereologist on 17 February, 2014, 19:02
I know this is barely on topic, but can stones be alive? I recall my father saying he saw some document or whatever where they said stones can live a thousand years before they die. They do come from living beings, many stones, like petrified trees and even petrified meat, I've eaten some pretty hard solid meat too. In a way that is a decent question to ask. Can stones be alive. The answer is no. Defining what is living is not as easy as one might think, but a basic property of living is the ability to reproduce. Stones cannot reproduce. There are some interesting replicating features in miner... [More]

'Batman' stops thief from stealing Batman DVD
6-22-2017
A man dressed as the Caped Crusader was on hand to thwart a would-be DVD thief in Fort Worth recently.
Creepy robot Sophia interviewed on live TV
6-22-2017
Designed to emulate a human woman, the eerie robot answered questions on a TV show in the UK this week.
PLATO mission to hunt for Earth-like worlds
6-22-2017
ESA is set to launch a new satellite that will seek out potentially habitable extrasolar planets.
Dogs to hunt for Amelia Earhart's remains
6-21-2017
The forensic animals will be used to help sniff out the aviator's final resting place on Nikumaroro.
Eusocial animals
Posted 6-22-2017 | 0 comments
How do ants and termites manage to create such enormous and impressive structures ?

Seeing the invisible
Posted 6-21-2017 | 0 comments
What if you could see invisible air currents, temperature gradients and pressure differences ?

Record-breaking aviary
Posted 6-20-2017 | 3 comments
The Shukavana bird home in Mysuru, India is home to 468 different species of birds.

This video isn't real
Posted 6-19-2017 | 1 comment
When you watch a YouTube video, what you are seeing is an interpretation of reality.

Insect returns from the dead
Posted 6-18-2017 | 0 comments
The mountain stone weta has the remarkable ability to come back to life after being frozen.

Craig is here
6-10-2017 | Phoenix AZ

We saw the same thing!
6-10-2017 | Pooler, GA

Three female faces
6-5-2017 | Illinois (IL)

Encounter at 3:33 AM
6-5-2017 | Budapest

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed