Friday, July 21, 2017

Eerie figure snapped in Old Melbourne Gaol

Posted on Saturday, 22 March, 2014 | Comment icon 42 comments

Is someone lurking in the dark ? Image Credit: E-mail submission
A visitor to the reportedly haunted 19th century prison managed to capture an unusual figure on camera.
One of Australia's best known prisons, the Old Melbourne Goal housed some of the country's most notorious criminals. Built in 1839, the prison is now a museum where visitors can come to explore what the place might have been like in its heyday.

One recent visitor however found a little more than she was expecting when she took a photograph in one of cell blocks which contained a mannequin and a selection of equipment that would have been used during the executions. There had been nobody else around at the time.

"If you have a look to the right of the photo you can see my reflection," she wrote. "Right behind on top of my head to the right, it appears as if someone was standing behind me, but as I said I was alone, and if I knew that there was someone there then I would have shifted aside."

"I tried to look in between my feet in the photo to see if there were any legs belonging to that head-like figure behind me but I cannot see any," she added.

"I did not feel any shifts in temperatures but I did feel extremely nauseous and sadness for the entire duration I was on the second and third level of cell blocks. My partner too had also felt nauseous but that was all that he felt."

Source: Unexplained Mysteries Forum | Comments (42)

Tags: Old Melborune Gaol, Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #33 Posted by DeWitz on 23 March, 2014, 22:23
Ooops--failed to see the latest posts.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Evening Star on 24 March, 2014, 14:47
There is no need to be inclined or to guess about anything, much less so just registering to write this long paragraph, when the "issue" has already been solved on the previous page. Xiccarph also provided us with an enlightening analysis.
Comment icon #35 Posted by sinewave on 24 March, 2014, 15:20
There is no need to be inclined or to guess about anything, much less so just registering to write this long paragraph, when the "issue" has already been solved on the previous page. I like you. I hope you stick around.
Comment icon #36 Posted by Calibeliever on 24 March, 2014, 16:00
Great anaylsis everyone. I knew I liked this group. The photo was definitely worth a second look. If I had still been in the location when I reviewed the pic I'm pretty sure I would have needed to go outside and "collect" myself
Comment icon #37 Posted by ohnoyoudidnt on 25 March, 2014, 7:10
thanks you guys!
Comment icon #38 Posted by DancingCorpse on 26 March, 2014, 21:07
Good analysis, I was going to say that the darkness and possibility of smudges on the mirror seem to have produced a larger and awkward effect to the reflection. I don't even know if ghosts are visible in mirrors, I know I look like a corpse when I look in one though.
Comment icon #39 Posted by MisterSuperGod on 26 March, 2014, 21:27
Good analysis, I was going to say that the darkness and possibility of smudges on the mirror seem to have produced a larger and awkward effect to the reflection. Funny how you thought of this after the fact. i'm being a wise a** today, wires in my brain are touching and giving off sparks again apparently.
Comment icon #40 Posted by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart on 28 March, 2014, 20:50
its gandalf the black smoking his pipe viewing the mirror
Comment icon #41 Posted by Aussie Witchdoktor on 5 April, 2014, 0:56
Regardless, Melbourne Gaol is a pretty full on place. There seem to be things going on there all the time.
Comment icon #42 Posted by brian17 on 6 July, 2014, 21:29
It looks like John Merrick(Elephant Man) having a cigarette break.

Mystery of Abe Lincoln's Bixby letter solved
7-21-2017
Forensic linguists have 'almost certainly' determined who really wrote the famous Civil War-era letter.
Free diver hits bottom of world's deepest pool
7-21-2017
A new video shows veteran free diver Guillaume Nery descending 131ft underwater on only one lungful of air.
SpaceX ditches plans for 2018 Mars landing
7-21-2017
Plans to land a modified version of the company's reusable Dragon capsule on Mars have been scrapped.
Today marks 48 years since first Moon landing
7-20-2017
Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong made history when they set foot on the lunar surface 48 years ago today.
Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

The man who swims towards sharks
Posted 7-18-2017 | 1 comment
Marine biologist Yannis doesn't avoid sharks, he deliberately seeks them out.

Dog for mayor ?
Posted 7-17-2017 | 1 comment
What happens exactly when a town votes for a dog or a cat to be the mayor ? How does this work ?

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI