Monday, February 27, 2017

Eerie figure snapped in Old Melbourne Gaol

Posted on Saturday, 22 March, 2014 | Comment icon 42 comments

Is someone lurking in the dark ? Image Credit: E-mail submission
A visitor to the reportedly haunted 19th century prison managed to capture an unusual figure on camera.
One of Australia's best known prisons, the Old Melbourne Goal housed some of the country's most notorious criminals. Built in 1839, the prison is now a museum where visitors can come to explore what the place might have been like in its heyday.

One recent visitor however found a little more than she was expecting when she took a photograph in one of cell blocks which contained a mannequin and a selection of equipment that would have been used during the executions. There had been nobody else around at the time.

"If you have a look to the right of the photo you can see my reflection," she wrote. "Right behind on top of my head to the right, it appears as if someone was standing behind me, but as I said I was alone, and if I knew that there was someone there then I would have shifted aside."

"I tried to look in between my feet in the photo to see if there were any legs belonging to that head-like figure behind me but I cannot see any," she added.

"I did not feel any shifts in temperatures but I did feel extremely nauseous and sadness for the entire duration I was on the second and third level of cell blocks. My partner too had also felt nauseous but that was all that he felt."

Source: Unexplained Mysteries Forum | Comments (42)

Tags: Old Melborune Gaol, Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #33 Posted by DeWitz on 23 March, 2014, 22:23
Ooops--failed to see the latest posts.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Evening Star on 24 March, 2014, 14:47
There is no need to be inclined or to guess about anything, much less so just registering to write this long paragraph, when the "issue" has already been solved on the previous page. Xiccarph also provided us with an enlightening analysis.
Comment icon #35 Posted by sinewave on 24 March, 2014, 15:20
There is no need to be inclined or to guess about anything, much less so just registering to write this long paragraph, when the "issue" has already been solved on the previous page. I like you. I hope you stick around.
Comment icon #36 Posted by Calibeliever on 24 March, 2014, 16:00
Great anaylsis everyone. I knew I liked this group. The photo was definitely worth a second look. If I had still been in the location when I reviewed the pic I'm pretty sure I would have needed to go outside and "collect" myself
Comment icon #37 Posted by ohnoyoudidnt on 25 March, 2014, 7:10
thanks you guys!
Comment icon #38 Posted by DancingCorpse on 26 March, 2014, 21:07
Good analysis, I was going to say that the darkness and possibility of smudges on the mirror seem to have produced a larger and awkward effect to the reflection. I don't even know if ghosts are visible in mirrors, I know I look like a corpse when I look in one though.
Comment icon #39 Posted by MisterSuperGod on 26 March, 2014, 21:27
Good analysis, I was going to say that the darkness and possibility of smudges on the mirror seem to have produced a larger and awkward effect to the reflection. Funny how you thought of this after the fact. i'm being a wise a** today, wires in my brain are touching and giving off sparks again apparently.
Comment icon #40 Posted by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart on 28 March, 2014, 20:50
its gandalf the black smoking his pipe viewing the mirror
Comment icon #41 Posted by Aussie Witchdoktor on 5 April, 2014, 0:56
Regardless, Melbourne Gaol is a pretty full on place. There seem to be things going on there all the time.
Comment icon #42 Posted by brian17 on 6 July, 2014, 21:29
It looks like John Merrick(Elephant Man) having a cigarette break.

Hot springs holds 'hair freezing' competition
2-26-2017
Every year, visitors to the Takhini Hot Springs in Yukon are challenged to freeze their hair and brows.
Pollution can outweigh benefits of exercise
2-26-2017
In some of the world's most polluted cities, exercising outside can actually do more harm than good.
Group of kids scared by 'goblin' in Argentina
2-26-2017
Bizarre footage posted online recently shows a mysterious assailant crawling towards some youths.
Desert people evolve to drink poisonous water
2-25-2017
The local people of Chile's Atacama desert have developed the ability to drink water laced with arsenic.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Exploding batteries in slow motion
Posted 2-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return, this time with a slow motion recording of exploding batteries.

Crushing cans
Posted 2-25-2017 | 3 comments
Muhammad Rashid from Pakistan crushes 77 cans with his elbow within one minute.

Is time real ?
Posted 2-24-2017 | 0 comments
Bill Nye talks about the concept of time and how our subjective perceptions of it can change.

Is it possible to re-freeze the Arctic ?
Posted 2-23-2017 | 1 comment
Scientists have proposed a rather unorthodox solution to the problems caused by climate change.

Giant horse conch
Posted 2-22-2017 | 1 comment
A huge conch makes light work of a tulip snail which fails to make its escape.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.