Monday, July 24, 2017

UFOs sighted over southern Alberta

Posted on Sunday, 23 March, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

What flew over the ranch ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
A mother and daughter near Nanton witnessed two mysterious objects flying over their ranch last week.
Sam Martine and her 14-year-old daughter Baylie had been watching TV when they noticed some strange lights through the window. After venturing outside they observed two bright objects hovering over a field approximately one kilometer away.

"Then the light just started coming straight at us and it went straight over our house and headed to the northwest behind us," said Martine. "I've never seen anything like that before."

Baylie had attempted to take some photographs but experienced unexpected problems with her cellphone camera. Her mother managed to get a few shots using her own digital camera but the resulting images ( see one of them here ) were out of focus and difficult to interpret.

According to a recent survey of UFO sightings there were 1,180 reports of strange objects in the skies over Canada last year with more than 100 of those taking place in Alberta.

Source: CBC.ca | Comments (15)

Tags: UFO, Alberta

Comment icon #6 Posted by Junior Chubb on 24 March, 2014, 9:45
So that tiny, horribly compressed image, which is showing clear pixellation presumably from being cropped to within an inch of its life, was taken on a genuine DSLR camera, not a camera phone? And they are saying it was 'out of focus'? I'm sorry, but if that is all true and the image is a full and good representation of what was captured on a DSLR that was unfocused, I'm a pink unicorn. (I'm NOT a pink unicorn.) I'd love to hear the TRUE story and see the real unmessed-with image, but as usual, that doesn't seem to be anywhere on the webz. And they say she got a FEW photos, so where are the ot... [More]
Comment icon #7 Posted by ChrLzs on 24 March, 2014, 10:05
Thanks JC. That image you found is obviously still not an original - no DSLR takes an image of those proportions (ie at a close-to-square 1/1.2 aspect ratio). And naturally all of these image have had the exif data stripped from them. I'm smelling a big rat.. And yes, some of the testimony is quite funny, as is some of the 'analysis' provided by self-proclaimed UFO experts (a special hi to Peter Davenport..).. The pictures are quite interesting in that it is quite difficult to get those effects from a typical night scene - namely several bright single points of light, along with several trails... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by Junior Chubb on 24 March, 2014, 10:26
I think anyone who has done a lot of time exposures (like me..) will know what I mean when I say that these images are 'unusual' and also do not match the deion of the event at all. I think the exif data would be VERY interesting... I see what you mean about the 'moving' trails and the static lights, I can't explain this myself outside of image manipulation but hey, I'm no Peter Davenport. I think anyone who has done a lot of time exposures knows they create more enigmatic images (especially with lights in the dark). I don't think you will be getting that exif data...
Comment icon #9 Posted by paperdyer on 24 March, 2014, 16:40
The pics definitely look like a time lapse photos. Even if the "objects" were moving as quickly as estimated, the distance probably wouldn't leave a trail like the ones in the photos.
Comment icon #10 Posted by coldethyl on 24 March, 2014, 22:10
Another one bites the dust.
Comment icon #11 Posted by ChrLzs on 25 March, 2014, 5:57
If anyone finds any more imagery (ie originals), decent interviews, hoax admissions, or stuff on those folks Facebook pages (I'm not an FBer..) that is relevant, please post here.. Otherwise, I ain't wasting further time... although after I've waited a reasonable while to see if the claimants do anything to support their story - eg release the original images - I'll drop back and explain what I think those images actually show, and why I am of the VERY strong opinion that they have little or nothing to do with what was described... So, search engines , that's SAM MARTINE from NANTON in SOUTHER... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by Sweetpumper on 26 March, 2014, 16:02
Nanton UFO Sighting: Additonal Witnesses Come Forward People in the Nanton area are looking up at the skies more this week after UFO sightings on March 16. Sam Martine, who lives three miles west of Nanton, says two bright lights appeared about 11 p.m. in the sky above their neighbour’s house about a quarter of a mile away. “The first light was about as big as a large yard light — that is what I thought it was at first — but very bright white,” says Martine, who was in her house when the lights first appeared. The second light was higher in the air than the first, and the two lights sat in one... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by AlienDan on 26 March, 2014, 21:34
Photographer here. The image is of a solid light with a blinking light beside it, the squigliness is from the camera not being on a tripod. Here's a helicopter at night. Rgardless it's just a light in the sky.
Comment icon #14 Posted by scowl on 26 March, 2014, 22:15
Glad to see that the classic "my camera suddenly stopped working" excuse is back.
Comment icon #15 Posted by jamesjr191 on 9 April, 2014, 17:51
Another "Bad shot" moment. Seems this always happens to UFO and Ghost photos. Darn the luck.

Nazi gold reportedly found in WWII shipwreck
7-24-2017
A chest thought to be filled with Nazi gold has been found in the wreckage of the scuttled SS Minden.
Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'
7-23-2017
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Robot ventures inside Fukushima reactor 3
7-23-2017
Scientists in Japan have identified what could be fuel debris within the devastated nuclear reactor.
Public names locomotive 'Trainy McTrainface'
7-23-2017
A recent poll in Sweden has shown, once again, why asking the public to name anything is a bad idea.
Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI