Saturday, December 20, 2014   |   4,914 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Star Trek 'Klingon beer' to go on sale

Posted on Tuesday, 25 March, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

It is a good day to drink beer. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Brett Weinstein

An unusual new type of beverage will soon be providing the opportunity to drink like a Klingon.

Created by American media company CBS Consumer Products in partnership with the appropriately named 'Federation of Beer', the new product will be called 'Klingon Warnog' and is being described as "a bold beer suited for the harsh Klingon lifestyle."

Set to debut at the Nightclub & Bar Show in Las Vegas today, the new drink will be shipping to both the US and Canada later this year and will be sure to satiate the thirst of hardened Klingon warriors and fans of the television series in equal measure.

"This singular beer incorporates rye malt into a modern Dunkelweizen grain bill, creating a flavor profile that is both familiar and unique," the company wrote. "The flavor draws heavily from the blending of the rye malt and traditional clove character, creating a very rich and unique flavor."

Source: Hollywood Reporter | Comments (16)

Tags: Klingon, Beer, Star Trek

Comment icon #7 Posted by paperdyer on 25 March, 2014, 16:19
That's "TREKKERS" The ale is Romulan. A favorite of Bones McCoy.
Comment icon #8 Posted by paperdyer on 25 March, 2014, 16:21
All kidding aside, the brew sounds interesting. I like malt/dark beers better. I'll try it if I can find it.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Ryu on 25 March, 2014, 16:36
I am not big on beers (or alcoholic drinks in general) but I have to admit that this particular beer does sound kind of good.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Calibeliever on 25 March, 2014, 17:10
I'm geek enough to try it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by AZDZ on 25 March, 2014, 18:03
Cheers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTuD6xf-ync
Comment icon #12 Posted by OverSword on 25 March, 2014, 18:57
That's romulan
Comment icon #13 Posted by Lilly on 25 March, 2014, 19:16
Actually the beverage you have to watch out for is the Klingon Blood Wine. See link:
Comment icon #14 Posted by coldethyl on 25 March, 2014, 21:01
I'll try almost anything once. And beer I will always try.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Hawkin on 26 March, 2014, 23:19
I don't always drink beer, But when I do, it's WARNOG
Comment icon #16 Posted by Sundew on 7 April, 2014, 1:39
A few Warnog and you may find yourself boldly going where no man has gone before.

A Connecticut haunting
12-15-2014 | New Milford, Connecticut

Luminous UFO in Scotland.
12-2-2014 | Black Loch, Limerigg, Scotland