Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hitachi is building world's fastest elevators

Posted on Wednesday, 23 April, 2014 | Comment icon 9 comments

The lift shafts will span 95 floors. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Harrihealey02
Two of the new super-speed lifts will be installed inside China's Guangzhou Finance Centre by 2016.
Reaching speeds of up to 45mph, the high-speed elevators will use a range of sophisticated technologies to manage everything from safety to passenger comfort.

Capable of ascending 95 floors in the space of just 43 seconds, the lifts, once completed, will officially be the fastest anywhere in the world. Hitachi has even taken steps to minimize the negative effects of climbing to such a height so quickly such as the ear blockage conventionally felt when experiencing changes in air pressure at high speed.

According to the Guinness Book of Records, the current record holder for the world's fastest elevator is situated within what is also one of the world's tallest buildings, Taipei 101, with a speed of 37.6mph.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (9)

Tags: Elevator, Lift

Comment icon #1 Posted by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart on 23 April, 2014, 15:35
THRILL SEEKERS BEWARE: no need to go to a theme park then, think of the rush in this 0.567889???? G force elevators 1 to 440 meters in 43 secs
Comment icon #2 Posted by paperdyer on 23 April, 2014, 16:49
Probably feel like the old parachute ride.
Comment icon #3 Posted by FLOMBIE on 23 April, 2014, 17:11
Comment icon #4 Posted by ancient astronaut on 23 April, 2014, 20:45
I wanna ride.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Child of Bast on 23 April, 2014, 21:39
I can feel my ear drums popping already.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Rolci on 23 April, 2014, 22:57
I bet 50 years from now half the internet will be in Chinese, it will be side by side with English being an international language and the US will be a superpower... in their dreams. Looking at all the nations it likes to enrage upon itself, one day North Korea, Iran and some other countries the US p***sed off like Japan will form a nuclear alliance supported by Afghan and Iraqi terrorist groups. Maybe the Chinese will join too to kill off a large chunk of the competition on the world market. Not that the US has been anything like a competition to China for the past couple of decades... Wasn't... [More]
Comment icon #7 Posted by FLOMBIE on 23 April, 2014, 23:01
Are you sure you're in the right thread, mate?
Comment icon #8 Posted by mesuma on 23 April, 2014, 23:13
If something goes wrong there will be a few more UFO sightings in china. Willy Wonka type sightings.
Comment icon #9 Posted by paperdyer on 24 April, 2014, 14:41
I have used the current fastest elevator inside Taipei 101, going about 60 km/h or 38 mp/h, and it does indeed feel a little like a roller coaster ride (that tingly sensation in your stomach). And I had to pop my ears. I wanna ride. I can see it now. "Come to [enter Amusement Park name here] and try our new elevator ride. We take you 15 floors up and down at 45 mph in a matter of seconds."

'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Dog turns blue due to polluted Indian River
8-15-2017
Untreated industrial waste in Mumbai's Kasadi river has been turning dogs a rather peculiar color.
Rare white 'spirit moose' filmed in Sweden
8-15-2017
The incredibly rare moose was captured on camera by councilman Hans Nilsson in Sweden's Varmland county.
Man lost in the outback buries himself in sand
8-14-2017
Anthony Collis became totally lost in a remote part of Australia during a trip with his girlfriend.
Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama