Sunday, July 23, 2017

'Ghost' crosses pitch during football game

Posted on Tuesday, 27 May, 2014 | Comment icon 42 comments

The players were oblivious to their spectral counterpart. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Footage of a ghostly figure on the pitch during the German Cup final in Berlin has gone viral.
Sightings of apparitions during televised sporting events seem to be on the rise lately with April's sighting of a strange shadow moving across the stands at a Bolivian football match making way for a similar sighting at this week's cup final in Berlin.

The match between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund on Saturday has been somewhat overshadowed by the clip of a ghostly figure running across the pitch. The peculiar extra seems to appear out of nowhere on the left before moving towards the right.

Whether this mysterious shadow represents evidence of the paranormal however is a matter of interpretation, but with more than 7 million viewers logging on to YouTube to look at the footage over the last few days it's difficult to deny that the anomaly has been drawing rather a lot of attention.

Source: USA Today | Comments (42)

Tags: Ghost, Football, Stadium

Comment icon #33 Posted by Mikko-kun on 28 May, 2014, 18:50
So did the people in the match see this?
Comment icon #34 Posted by DigitalDreamer on 28 May, 2014, 21:27
This is the second time we've had such a "manifestation" at a football match, yes? Well, isn't it obvious? Being the World Cup is on this year, it looks like even those who have passed on are eager to go to see a game! So you think the soccer ball was possessed or something? i fail to see the logic here
Comment icon #35 Posted by g00dfella on 29 May, 2014, 4:15
I watched it 5 times, freeze framed it 3 times, if I wanted to take the time I would edit the video to copy/paste the shadow on the left, put a reverse or mirror image modifier on that section of video and then play it over the person who comes running into the frame from the right. When the player is running the shadow runs, when the player slows down the shadow slows down. Even more... freeze frame it at every step the shadow and player take, look at the shape of the legs and shoulders of the shadow, then look at the player entering the shot on the right. EXACT MATCH! Furthermore, notice how... [More]
Comment icon #36 Posted by g00dfella on 29 May, 2014, 4:20
Comment icon #37 Posted by SaraT on 30 May, 2014, 8:40
A shadow by any other name is...???
Comment icon #38 Posted by Silent Trinity on 30 May, 2014, 11:16
Well I am personally at a loss to offer an explanation for that. I had initially formed the opinion, however wrongly it may be that it was a reflection of some sort on the camera lens from the player who starts to run just as the shadow appears. I must admit having been baffled by it and reading the other posts on the subject that the explanation that made the most sense was the 'camera in front of floodlight' theory, if it isn't a reflective artifact of the running player.
Comment icon #39 Posted by 000kaos000 on 12 June, 2014, 6:09
maybe a ghost of a past streaker
Comment icon #40 Posted by Emma_Acid on 12 June, 2014, 8:10
I should point out that I am a film maker who has worked for the bbc and oscar winning producer David Puttnam and IMO it's a bog standard reflection. Its only 9:10 and this is already the best reply of the day.
Comment icon #41 Posted by banjoist on 15 June, 2014, 22:22
My bet is on digital video artifact. I've seen too many of these, and they never turned up before the advent of digital video. (Just as "orbs" never occurred before digital still photography.)
Comment icon #42 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 18 June, 2014, 21:14
I think it's a good eye, noticing how the shadow's movements seem to match one of the players. It does seem like that to me. I am also in agreement with some here, the movement of the shadow's doesn't entirely match up to that particular player. Close, but not entirely. I played the video over and over and noticed that the player in the yellow shirt hunched over just after coming into the shot, and the shadow didn't. The yellow shirted player also turned toward his left at the end, and the shadow didn't. Although, I'm not yet thinking this is a ghost, but a reflection. Could it be a remnant fr... [More]

Did sea creatures push US in to Vietnam War ?
7-22-2017
Back in 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin incident resulted in a renewed commitment to war with Vietnam.
Scientist has 'solved' the Bermuda Triangle
7-22-2017
Dr Karl Kruszelnicki maintains that the answer to the mystery lies in little more than basic human error.
Scientists develop bizarre worm-like robot
7-22-2017
Stanford University researchers have built a robot that can literally worm its way around anything.
Mystery of Abe Lincoln's Bixby letter solved
7-21-2017
Forensic linguists have 'almost certainly' determined who really wrote the famous Civil War-era letter.
Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

The man who swims towards sharks
Posted 7-18-2017 | 1 comment
Marine biologist Yannis doesn't avoid sharks, he deliberately seeks them out.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI