Sunday, May 28, 2017

Indian teenage girl marries a stray dog

Posted on Thursday, 4 September, 2014 | Comment icon 38 comments

Many girls from the village get married in the same way. Image Credit: sxc.hu
An unusual wedding ceremony has seen an 18-year-old marry her four-legged groom in front of 70 people.
Mangli Munda, a resident of a remote village in the Indian state of Jharkhand, took part in the ceremony after a local guru was able to convince her parents that she was under an evil spell that prevented her from marrying a man.

"I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog," she said. "After that is done, the man I will marry will have a long life."

Weddings involving girls being married to dogs are not uncommon in the village. The canines are typically decked out in the same ceremonial garments that a human groom would wear.

"My villagers say that many girls like me have followed this ritual and they have gotten rid of their evil spells and are living happy lives now," said Munda. "This is a custom that we thoroughly believe in."

Source: New York Post | Comments (38)

Tags: Marriage, Dog, India

Comment icon #29 Posted by qxcontinuum on 5 September, 2014, 15:09
. sure. paedophiles have legitimate points of view too huh...? "nonce sense". . Or arabs that stone raped women to death....
Comment icon #30 Posted by StRoostifer on 5 September, 2014, 16:33
We should respect that this girl is marrying a dog? I don't think so. Nowhere did I say you should do anything so relax. Basically what I'm saying is I really don't give a toss what this girl does because I respect its her life to live and her decision to make, not mine yours or anyone else's.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Myles on 5 September, 2014, 18:48
Nowhere did I say you should do anything so relax. Basically what I'm saying is I really don't give a toss what this girl does because I respect its her life to live and her decision to make, not mine yours or anyone else's. Sorry, I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to the person who said we should respect her.
Comment icon #32 Posted by StRoostifer on 5 September, 2014, 19:03
Sorry, I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to the person who said we should respect her. No harm no foul. I only responded because I saw my post quoted. Its cool.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Lilly on 5 September, 2014, 19:12
The way I understand this is that the young lady married the dog to somehow 'trick' the curse. It's not a real marriage in the western sense of a real marriage. In other words...the dog is going to live as a dog. In time the young lady will be free to marry a man and the curse won't bother her any more. Not saying I believe this mind you, just that this is what those folks believe.
Comment icon #34 Posted by stevemagegod on 5 September, 2014, 23:24
I sense some Zoophilia in her future.
Comment icon #35 Posted by shrooma on 6 September, 2014, 1:49
Or arabs that stone raped women to death.... . some "culture" eh QX! .
Comment icon #36 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: on 12 September, 2014, 12:04
wondering how the honeymoon is going to turn out. That's a mental image I can live without.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Ralaman on 18 September, 2014, 21:35
And we wonder why advanced civilizations have not contacted us...
Comment icon #38 Posted by kobolds on 1 October, 2014, 8:10
Question, is the owner of the dog also own the dog wife ?

'Magic tree door' illusion baffles the Internet
5-27-2017
Stop-motion animator Kevin Parry has created a short video clip that seems to defy the laws of physics.
Work begins on world's largest telescope
5-27-2017
When it is completed, the Extremely Large Telescope (ELT) will offer unprecedented views of the cosmos.
Winchester Mystery House opens new rooms
5-27-2017
The mysterious mansion in California has opened several new rooms to the public for the first time ever.
Some snakes are now known to hunt in packs
5-26-2017
Scientists have revealed that some species of snake have learned how to co-operate and hunt in groups.
What color were dinosaurs ?
Posted 5-27-2017 | 6 comments
We can learn much about dinosaurs from fossils, but their color has long remained a mystery.

Ring around the Earth
Posted 5-26-2017 | 0 comments
What would happen if a solid, free-floating ring was placed in orbit around the Earth ?

World's heaviest weight
Posted 5-25-2017 | 0 comments
This incredible machine is capable of delivering a whopping 1,000,000 pounds of force.

Nine doughnuts in three minutes
Posted 5-24-2017 | 5 comments
'L.A. Beast' returns to break another record, this time by eating a huge pile of doughnuts.

Falcon vs car
Posted 5-23-2017 | 5 comments
Can the fastest bird of prey in level flight manage to fly faster than a speeding car ?

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed