Thursday, January 23, 2020

Rock shaped like Obama spotted on Mars

Posted on Saturday, 6 December, 2014 | Comment icon 56 comments

The rock bears an uncanny resemblance to President Obama. Image Credit: NASA
The US President's likeness was picked up in a photograph taken by the Spirit rover over 9 years ago.
Claims have been emerging on an almost regular basis in recent months of photographs taken on Mars that appear to show all sorts of anomalous objects ranging from human bones to traffic lights.

This latest example, which was found by an eagle-eyed Internet user while browsing through images returned by NASA's Spirit rover, shows a rock that bears a striking resemblance to the President of the United States himself, Barack Obama.
The discovery is of course nothing more than pareidolia, the tendency for the human brain to discern meaningful shapes in otherwise abstract patterns. It is the same reason that we see familiar shapes in clouds or why some people claim to see images of Jesus or the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast.

Given the plethora of high quality images being returned from NASA's missions to the Red Planet however it is perhaps inevitable that a lot more 'artifacts' like these are still waiting to be found.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (56)

Tags: Obama, Mars, Pareidolia

Comment icon #47 Posted by qxcontinuum on 14 December, 2014, 6:36
Comment icon #48 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 14 December, 2014, 9:35
To me it looks more like Bart Simpson's head. But it is remains of an ancient statue.... And in your next post you will show some evidence for this assertion, right ?
Comment icon #49 Posted by RedSquirrel on 14 December, 2014, 20:34
Still waiting for the Lionel Ritchie bust Hello, is it Mars you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your searchbar, You're all I ever wanted and my pod bay doors are open wide, Cause you know just what you see, you know just what to do and I want to tell you so much... I biologically engineered you.....
Comment icon #50 Posted by DONTEATUS on 14 December, 2014, 21:23
Maybe the next post will show they found intelligence on Earth ? NOT !
Comment icon #51 Posted by RedSquirrel on 14 December, 2014, 21:33
Well, right now there are alien robots on Mars, so... No seriously... alien to Mars robots.
Comment icon #52 Posted by ovakynd on 14 December, 2014, 23:21
I see that lol !!
Comment icon #53 Posted by JesseCuster on 16 December, 2014, 11:24
To me it looks more like Bart Simpson's head. But it is remains of an ancient statue.... No it isn't. It's a rock.
Comment icon #54 Posted by Torviking on 23 February, 2015, 18:20
Glad someone else reads Scott warnings crap. Thought I was the only one. Has anyone seen his latest? Wait for it.... Alien playing guitar on Mars. Sheeeesh. I did tell him it was Elvis but his acolytes were not amused, said I should be booted out for upsetting their serious research. Lmfao .
Comment icon #55 Posted by miller.skip on 24 February, 2015, 22:07
And I thought they went to Uranus.
Comment icon #56 Posted by DONTEATUS on 24 February, 2015, 23:12
Auh ! yes the old "uranus" jokes again ! LOL ! well welcome to the Forum miller,skip ! Watch your back man ! MIB`s in here knee deep !

New facility to produce oxygen from Moon dust
1-22-2020
A new technique could help make it possible for humans to live on the lunar surface in the not-too-distant future.
Elusive thief lives in grocery store ceiling
1-22-2020
Cops in Auburn have been struggling to catch a thief who lives in the rafters of the very store he keeps robbing.
Video shows 'ghost' watching man sleeping
1-22-2020
A peculiar video, which shows an eerie figure staring at a man through a window, has recently gone viral online.
'Dancing dragon' fossil is velociraptor relative
1-21-2020
Palaeontologists have compared the feathers of a 120 million-year-old dinosaur to those of modern birds.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA