Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tourist photographs UFO above Loch Ness

Posted on Saturday, 13 June, 2015 | Comment icon 29 comments

The enigmatic Scottish loch has seen its fair share of mysteries. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Ben Buxton
Alan Betts and his family discovered something strange in a picture they'd taken while visiting the loch.
Betts had been on holiday in Scotland with his wife Anna and her parents when, upon looking back over some of the photographs they'd taken during a visit to Loch Ness, they discovered two strange disc-shaped objects hovering above the water in one of the pictures.

None of them had observed anything unusual at the time the photograph was taken.

"I can't offer any logical explanation, I am probably one of the most skeptical people you could find about things like this but I just can't explain what it is," said Alan.

"I know what it looks like though. We showed the pictures to Anna's parents who were as shocked as us and her dad is probably more skeptical than me."

Source: BT.com | Comments (29)

Tags: Loch Ness, UFO

Comment icon #20 Posted by DONTEATUS on 13 June, 2015, 16:39
Its always the same old story, UFO snapped while Flying an Alien Flying Saucer. Photos at Ten !
Comment icon #21 Posted by Infernal Gnu on 14 June, 2015, 4:51
These shameless aliens are trying to upstage Nessie. I think they are from the same planet Kanye West is from.
Comment icon #22 Posted by ChrLzs on 14 June, 2015, 10:33
Wow. This is clearly the real thing, at last. As this is obviously worthy of the most intense scrutiny, I've run some very sophisticated image processing techniques on it, including using various photoshop tools and enlarging it by 8000% before enhancing detail using a secret forensic formula, and I've spotted something. I can't quite make it out, but I think it may be the pilot of the craft - I'm posting it here in the hope someone recognises it (click it to enlarge): Unfortunately that's the absolute best I can do, but maybe someone, somewhere can help us out with this?
Comment icon #23 Posted by ChrLzs on 14 June, 2015, 10:36
Oh.. and I also ran similar techniques on the entire image, and came up with this. Hmm. It seems to be a chicken.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Kurzweil on 14 June, 2015, 11:16
Yeah yeti and chupacabra just bought a house there. I'm sure we'll see some more wild photos from the loch.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Silent Trinity on 15 June, 2015, 11:33
Comment icon #26 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 17 June, 2015, 19:23
Finally they came and took Nessie home, God Bless !
Comment icon #27 Posted by PersonFromPorlock on 18 June, 2015, 2:10
Well I will await to hear an expert debunking which I am sure will be forthcoming, but I have to say as an open minded observer, the first thing I thought was that it was a double reflection of something taken through a double-glazed window, and looking at it...doesn't it seem reminiscent of the light glow from the bottom of a lamp shade in a darkened room? The dots could be decorative holes of some sort in the lamp shade itself? I really don't know, but that is what it certainly looked like to me anyway.....Or could they be too far away and small to be dismissed as a nearby reflected object? ... [More]
Comment icon #28 Posted by cookemeister on 18 June, 2015, 11:35
so we are at Loch Ness , no monster hmm what can we say this is ...? ah Ufo at Loch Ness = Media coverage. these articles are stretching credulity and should be vetted better before appearing on this site or as I have alluded to before the "headline" which accompanies the article entices us in even though we all know its going to reek....
Comment icon #29 Posted by JesseCuster on 18 June, 2015, 14:54
I'm inclined to agree about the double glazing, but I think the 'object' is too small to be the reflection of a lamp in anything like a normal-sized room. What makes you think that, given the amount of factors that would come into play?You have to take into account the size of the light being reflected (e.g., a large ceiling light vs a desktop LED light), the field of view of the picture, the distance of the light from the window it's being reflected in, where the photo was taken in relation to the window and the light, etc. Way too many factors to tell at a glance without further information ... [More]

Scientists are developing bouncy pavements
2-17-2020
A novel new type of rubber pavement being trialled in Sweden could help to save thousands of lives.
Ice makes strange sounds in bizarre new video
2-17-2020
Dropping a chunk of ice down a 450ft borehole can produce weird sounds resembling cartoon ricochets.
Arrokoth rewrites theory of planet formation
2-17-2020
New Horizons' encounter with a Kuiper belt object has turned what we know of planet formation on its head.
Live tree frog is found inside a green pepper
2-16-2020
An unsuspecting amphibian recently found itself at the center of a very peculiar mystery in Quebec, Canada.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan