Sunday, March 29, 2020

Girl plays the piano while sleepwalking

Posted on Tuesday, 21 July, 2015 | Comment icon 12 comments

It's amazing what some people can do while fast asleep. Image Credit: CC BY 3.0 Herzi Pinki
A young girl from New Zealand has become a social media hit after playing the piano while asleep.
Footage uploaded on to YouTube showing 12-year-old Isabelle attempting to play a tune on her piano despite being completely unconscious has proven to be a hit online.

The video is particularly interesting because it shows someone trying to physically manifest something that they are unconsciously experiencing in their dreams.

The video's uploader James Hodgson, who is believed to be related to the girl, maintains that Isabelle has been known to sleepwalk "every now and then."
"On one occasion, she once came out into the lounge sleep walking and sang Bicycle Race by Queen then went back to bed," he told The Telegraph. "The next day she said she had a dream about singing with Freddie Mercury in front of a huge crowd."

Fortunately for Isabelle however her sleepwalking episodes have proven to be quite harmless, but for some a tendency to wander out of bed at night can quickly become a life-threatening problem.

Last year undiagnosed sleepwalker Ryan Campbell, a 24-year-old from Kentucky, nearly came a cropper when he walked over the edge of a 60ft drop after falling asleep at a nearby camp site.

There have also been reports of a woman in New Zealand who, having been suffering from a rare sleep disorder, frequently drove long distances in her car while completely unconscious.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (12)

Tags: Piano, Sleepwalking

Comment icon #3 Posted by third_eye on 21 July, 2015, 16:28
THe mind is greater than the sum of the brain ~
Comment icon #4 Posted by paperdyer on 21 July, 2015, 17:29
Comment icon #5 Posted by pallidin on 21 July, 2015, 18:01
Comment icon #6 Posted by Calibeliever on 21 July, 2015, 19:21
I'm not buying it. We need to see her walking to the piano. I play the organ (no wisecracks!) and have played the piano. It's not that easy to walk up to a keyboard and pick a tune with your eyes shut without someone placing you around middle "C". We also don't see her face until after she starts playing. SHe has her head on the piano in a manner where she could have opened her eyes a bit and found her place on the keyboard. If the initial keys would have been a bit more random until her brain processed the notes so her brain knew where she was at would have been more believable to me. Maybe, ... [More]
Comment icon #7 Posted by paperdyer on 21 July, 2015, 19:35
Sleepwalking, and it's associated unconscious physical manipulation, appears to be a mild to significant disability for some. And well-documented. Do some "fake" it? I would imagine so, to be sure. Potentially placing themselves or others in amusing, though sometimes dangerous situations, I feel bad for those suffering from this disorder. I wasn't trying to make light of sleepwalking. It can be quite dangerous. I just think this instance is a "15 minute of fame" try.
Comment icon #8 Posted by SD455GTO on 22 July, 2015, 4:11
I used to sleepwalk often. Mostly to the kitchen. In the morning whole boxes of crackers etc... would be empty on the counter, milk would be found in the freezer and yogurt in the dishwasher. Things like that. ANYWAY... worst one was when I got a call from a local motel front desk clerk asking me to come by and pick up my driver's license. This was back in 2009. Apparently, I'd been sleepwalking, got in my car and drove about three miles up the street and tried to book a motel room. According to the clerk, after offering my driver's license as ID and trying to pay for the room, he thought some... [More]
Comment icon #9 Posted by pallidin on 22 July, 2015, 8:50
Comment icon #10 Posted by We are lizard people on 22 July, 2015, 17:13
Sounds like John Cage
Comment icon #11 Posted by dutchman on 23 July, 2015, 20:54
I really don't know if this is fake or real, but I wouldn't dismiss it as fake so easily. I personally have been sleepwalking (and talking in my sleep and having sleep paralysis episodes) for most of my life (even in my twenties) and did some weird things, like wanting to take out the trash or even playing on my Gameboy (remember that it was super mario ). Parents often had to wake me up while I was in the midst of doing things. Also don't find it impossible to play somewhat of tune, but I have to admit that I do have doubts... Once witnessed my nephew eating a bag of M&Ms in his sleep, 'h... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by third_eye on 24 July, 2015, 5:03
Sleep talking is much much more common than many suspects ~

Video footage of 'flying humanoid' emerges
3-29-2020
A strange video showing a vaguely human-like figure floating in the sky has recently appeared online.
Neanderthals dined on sharks and dolphins
3-28-2020
New research has revealed that the Neanderthals were no stranger to catching and eating sea creatures.
Footballer posts video of 'crazy' UFO on Twitter
3-28-2020
Retired footballer Simon Church raised eyebrows recently when he shared footage he'd taken of a UFO.
First US Space Force satellite has launched
3-27-2020
A 'jam-proof' communications satellite for the newest branch of the US military has successfully launched.
In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan