Thursday, December 8, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
The UFO Phenomenon

Mystery fireball explodes over Bangkok

By T.K. Randall
September 7, 2015 · Comment icon 31 comments

Commuters were treated to the spectacle while driving to work. Image Credit: YouTube / Nawat Meekwamdee
Dashcam footage has revealed the moment a fireball lit up the sky over Thailand on Monday morning.
The impressive spectacle was difficult to miss as the fireball blazed downwards from the heavens and exploded with a bright flash just a short distance from the ground in broad daylight.

The moment was caught on camera thanks to the dashcams of several passing motorists.

Authorities have yet to issue an official confirmation on the nature and origins of the fireball however it is generally believed that it was a meteor burning up in the Earth's atmosphere.

Source: ABC.net.au | Comments (31)

Comment icon #22 Posted by Athena1979 7 years ago
And later that day...they stopped the witch trials.
Comment icon #23 Posted by SD455GTO 7 years ago
Nice indeed. Whenever I hear "Bangkok" I think of that Confucius line. ...and I keep thinking of that Murray Head song from around 30 years ago.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Ell 7 years ago
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker 7 years ago
I have had an identical experience in the 1980s. Suddenly, during the dark evening, a streak came down vertically before me from overhead. It exploded at eye level - I live at forty metres - and at a distance of circa two hundred meters or less from me, above a highway, In my estimation there was no use in looking for meteorite debris, besides the danger of exploring a highway, so I never acted upon it. I did write my observation down on a piece of paper, though, and that must still be somewhere in my room. Meteorites are often magnetic, so you could have run a magnet around and maybe found so... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by Sweetpumper 7 years ago
I have had an identical experience in the 1980s. Suddenly, during the dark evening, a streak came down vertically before me from overhead. It exploded at eye level - I live at forty metres - and at a distance of circa two hundred meters or less from me, above a highway, In my estimation there was no use in looking for meteorite debris, besides the danger of exploring a highway, so I never acted upon it. I did write my observation down on a piece of paper, though, and that must still be somewhere in my room. You shoulda gone to look!
Comment icon #27 Posted by Ell 7 years ago
I have had an identical experience in the 1980s. Suddenly, during the dark evening, a streak came down vertically before me from overhead. It exploded at eye level - I live at forty metres - and at a distance of circa two hundred meters or less from me, above a highway, In my estimation there was no use in looking for meteorite debris, besides the danger of exploring a highway, so I never acted upon it. I did write my observation down on a piece of paper, though, and that must still be somewhere in my room. When it exploded the fire-ball was green. The streak from the meteor may have been a bi... [More]
Comment icon #28 Posted by ChrLzs 7 years ago
Greenish colour is not uncommon with meteors and is probably as a result of nickel content. Here's a link...
Comment icon #29 Posted by Realm of Unknown 7 years ago
Comment icon #30 Posted by Frank Merton 7 years ago
I heard about this happening! Dang, I wish stuff like this would happen over here, lol. Yea I'd love to see one. I once traveled several hundred km to see a total eclipse of the sun, and it was well worth it, but you can't travel somewhere to see fireballs. You just have to be lucky.
Comment icon #31 Posted by DieChecker 7 years ago

Our new book is out now!

The Unexplained Mysteries
Book of Weird News

AVAILABLE NOW

Take a walk on the weird side with this compilation of some of the weirdest stories ever to grace the pages of a newspaper.

Click here to learn more

We need your help!

Support us on Patreon

BONUS CONTENT

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee, you can gain access to a wide range of exclusive perks including our popular 'Lost Ghost Stories' series.

Click here to learn more