Sunday, September 27, 2020

UFO filmed dropping 'fireballs' over Arizona

Posted on Thursday, 12 December, 2019 | Comment icon 25 comments

A still from the footage (which can be viewed below). Image Credit: Facebook / Kerri Burnett and Doug Maier
A couple from Mesa recently recorded footage of a mysterious object dropping glowing orbs over the city.
"I love to watch the skies," said Kerri Burnett who watched the spectacle with her fiance Doug Maier.

"It was a cloudy night and had drizzled off and on. Regular planes had been flying by since we can see the flight path for the airport. All of a sudden I saw this bright glowing orange light."

"I thought it was a planet or a star at first and then I realized 'oh that's close and it's moving towards us'. Then 'boom' it started dropping what looked like orange fireballs or something that travelled for a few seconds before they faded out and disappeared."

It's worth noting that there is a military base near to the city, however so far neither the Federal Aviation Administration nor the Army National Guard have been able to offer an explanation.
Some have speculated that the object could be an aircraft dropping parachute flares as part of a military exercise, however Maier remains unconvinced.

"There were no navigation lights," he said. "Even the military has to have navigation lights on."

"That's an FAA rule. I know what I saw, and I don't think it was from here, and I think it was definitely something else.

You can check out a local news report which features the original footage below.

Source: iheart.com | Comments (25)

Tags: UFO, Arizona

Comment icon #16 Posted by Dejarma on 16 December, 2019, 1:55
nope  a story here/ a story there keeps the fantasy juices flowing- oh joy
Comment icon #17 Posted by Manwon Lender on 16 December, 2019, 2:10
Those are Arial Flares, I have seen them being used many times. You can fire them from a Mortar, Artillery, or even by hand. They are mainly used to light up the terrain around or in front of a military perimeter. They can also be used to mark a location for air strikes.  It looks like a normal training exercise to me. No UFO here just more fantasy or wishful thinking.
Comment icon #18 Posted by ChrLzs on 16 December, 2019, 4:17
Yep. Definitely NOT Times Roman flares - I noticed the lack of serifs immediately.   (sorry)
Comment icon #19 Posted by An0n1m0us on 12 January, 2020, 5:44
How long have you been subscribed to this site? I remember when it used to be open minded and like minded people that would come here to enjoy the topic and offer their opinions on the subject. Now I see that this site is full of skeptics with nothing better to do then offer their uneducated opinion on what other people have experienced. This site has really gone to the redditors.
Comment icon #20 Posted by astrobeing on 12 January, 2020, 20:44
I avoided this site for several years after an admin scolded me for politely suggesting that a paranormal experience had a mundane explanation.
Comment icon #21 Posted by stereologist on 13 January, 2020, 13:09
I have a feeling you do not know what open minded means. That's okay. It doesn't mean accepting every idea tossed around. It doesn't mean that you can't apply filters to the things being tossed around. It doesn't mean being gullible. Open minded means open to new ideas and in individual cases taking the time to examine them before making a decision. Skeptics make decisions based on evidence. They look for evidence. Often these cases have no evidence. There is a light in the sky. Other times some evidence is available. One of the problems with cases of unusual phenomena is that there is a lot o... [More]
Comment icon #22 Posted by RoofGardener on 13 January, 2020, 13:17
They don't look bright enough to be illumination rounds to me ?  I'd suggest it's just a large chinese lantern, that began to disintegrate. (hence the "fireballs").
Comment icon #23 Posted by Manwon Lender on 13 January, 2020, 14:40
Anything is possible, but I will stick with my original comments. The footage is poor and taken with a cell Phone at a good distance. In addition you can't tell how much illumination is being applied directly under the lights, and the dripping effect is common with illumination flairs. Last they could have also been flares that were marking a location, these would not be as bright as other flares. Plus the photos were taken with a large military training ground very near by. peace
Comment icon #24 Posted by Hazzard on 13 January, 2020, 15:04
Well, kinda... The military has their own rules and regulations, but the military follows FAA regulations when flying in National Airspace.
Comment icon #25 Posted by RoofGardener on 13 January, 2020, 15:26
Unless they declare MARSA rules in an emergency ?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARSA_(aviation)

Doctors discover needles in woman's brain
9-27-2020
A woman who underwent a CT scan in China was inexplicably found to have two needles in her head.
Man dies after eating too much black licorice
9-27-2020
The popular sweet treat may seem harmless enough, but eating too much of it can literally prove fatal.
Couple spots 'bus-sized' creature in Loch Ness
9-26-2020
Corey Sturrock and his wife had been out for a walk when they spotted something very large in the water.
Kelly Cahill UFO case continues to intrigue
9-26-2020
One of Australia's most perplexing alien abduction encounters continues to prove compelling 27 years on.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball