Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Man's front door was bricked up as he slept

January 4, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

The perpetrators remain at large. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Esparta Palma
A man in Germany reportedly got up on Monday morning to find that someone had bricked up his front door.
The bizarre incident, which took place earlier this week, saw a home owner in Mainhausen, Hesse, come face to face with a solid brick wall when he tried to leave through his front door.

Whoever was responsible had seemingly crept in to his garden in the middle of the night and built the wall there while he was sound asleep.

It remains unclear whether the stunt was intended as a mischievous prank or as an act of revenge however local authorities believe that several people must have been involved.

"It reminded me of the building of the Berlin Wall," said a police spokesman.

"That went up pretty quickly, too."

Source: BBC News | Comments (14)

Comment icon #5 Posted by third_eye 6 years ago
Pranks used to be less intrusive and thoughtfully creative ... I remember back in Art School there was this beauty who drove a mini cooper and everyday eight of us would lift it up and turn it facing the other way she parked ... it was the highlight of the day seeing her expression everyday when classes were over, by the fourth or fifth time she just ignored it and there was no fun in it anymore ... Still cracks me up every time I think of it now though ... ~
Comment icon #6 Posted by brlesq1 6 years ago
Reminds me of the short story The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe. A man is tricked into following his murderer to the far reaches of an underground wine cellar, chained to a wall in a kind of alcove and the murderer then bricks up the entrance, leaving the poor guy to starve to death. Great story, one of my favorites by Poe.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin 6 years ago
Takes a bit of work to brick up a door ,pranksters could have saved themselves a pallet of bricks and half a bag of cement if they had just filled the lock with superglue
Comment icon #8 Posted by Herr Falukorv 6 years ago
I remember when my father had his 40 birthday and I was going to school in the morning someone had placed a 40 feet container in front of our door. It was my fathers friends how had been there in the middle of the night and delivered it. Awesome prank in my opinion.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Black Monk 6 years ago
It reminds me of that scene in One Foot in the Grave.
Comment icon #10 Posted by XFC212 6 years ago
Odd that all of that work was done without waking anyone.
Comment icon #11 Posted by freetoroam 6 years ago
It could have been built within minutes http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38502720 jeeze, with cement too? get that mans number!
Comment icon #12 Posted by paperdyer 6 years ago
It's like something out of a comedy show or horror movie.  Take your pick!  If the person(s) who did this are caught they need to ne bricked into a prison cell for awhile.
Comment icon #13 Posted by South Alabam 6 years ago
What strikes me as odd is how they cleaned the excess of the mortar from the inside. They either had access to the inside, or something. I just find that odd. http://www.onenewspage.co.uk/n/Front+Page/75e217bv7/Man-front-door-bricked-up-as-he.htm
Comment icon #14 Posted by F3SS 6 years ago
You're right. Looks too perfect. It's fake. Photoshopped.

Total Posts: 7,314,038    Topics: 300,925    Members: 198,009