Sunday, March 25, 2018

Man's front door was bricked up as he slept

Posted on Wednesday, 4 January, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

The perpetrators remain at large. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Esparta Palma
A man in Germany reportedly got up on Monday morning to find that someone had bricked up his front door.
The bizarre incident, which took place earlier this week, saw a home owner in Mainhausen, Hesse, come face to face with a solid brick wall when he tried to leave through his front door.

Whoever was responsible had seemingly crept in to his garden in the middle of the night and built the wall there while he was sound asleep.

It remains unclear whether the stunt was intended as a mischievous prank or as an act of revenge however local authorities believe that several people must have been involved.

"It reminded me of the building of the Berlin Wall," said a police spokesman.

"That went up pretty quickly, too."

Source: BBC News | Comments (14)

Tags: Germany, Brick, Door

Comment icon #5 Posted by third_eye on 4 January, 2017, 13:09
Pranks used to be less intrusive and thoughtfully creative ... I remember back in Art School there was this beauty who drove a mini cooper and everyday eight of us would lift it up and turn it facing the other way she parked ... it was the highlight of the day seeing her expression everyday when classes were over, by the fourth or fifth time she just ignored it and there was no fun in it anymore ... Still cracks me up every time I think of it now though ... ~
Comment icon #6 Posted by brlesq1 on 4 January, 2017, 17:50
Reminds me of the short story The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe. A man is tricked into following his murderer to the far reaches of an underground wine cellar, chained to a wall in a kind of alcove and the murderer then bricks up the entrance, leaving the poor guy to starve to death. Great story, one of my favorites by Poe.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 4 January, 2017, 23:56
Takes a bit of work to brick up a door ,pranksters could have saved themselves a pallet of bricks and half a bag of cement if they had just filled the lock with superglue
Comment icon #8 Posted by Herr Falukorv on 5 January, 2017, 17:01
I remember when my father had his 40 birthdayand I was going to school in the morning someone had placed a 40 feet container in front of our door. It was my fathers friends how had been there in the middle of the night and delivered it. Awesome prank in my opinion.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Black Monk on 5 January, 2017, 18:34
It reminds me of that scene in One Foot in the Grave.
Comment icon #10 Posted by XFC212 on 5 January, 2017, 21:37
Odd that all of that work was done without waking anyone.
Comment icon #11 Posted by freetoroam on 5 January, 2017, 21:43
It could have been built within minutes jeeze, with cement too? get that mans number!
Comment icon #12 Posted by paperdyer on 6 January, 2017, 18:57
It's like something out of a comedy show or horror movie. Take your pick! If the person(s) who did this are caught they need to ne bricked into a prison cell for awhile.
Comment icon #13 Posted by South Alabam on 7 January, 2017, 10:00
What strikes me as odd is how they cleaned the excess of the mortar from the inside. They either had access to the inside, or something. I just find that odd.
Comment icon #14 Posted by F3SS on 8 January, 2017, 21:53
You're right. Looks too perfect. It's fake. Photoshopped.

Old Winchester Mystery House photo found
An old photo of what is thought to be the house's original foundation has been discovered in a local archive.
Military laser creates voices out of thin air
The Pentagon has been working on a new non-lethal weapon that can make people hear voices and sounds.
Curiosity rover celebrates 2,000 days on Mars
NASA's flagship rover has now been trundling across the surface of the Red Planet for more than five years.
Wreck of the USS Juneau found after 75 years
The World War II-era vessel went down in 1942 after being hit by Japanese torpedoes in the Pacific.
How smart are you ?
Posted 3-23-2018 | 2 comments
Does an IQ test really offer an accurate measure of a person's intelligence ?
Posted 3-22-2018 | 1 comment
A look at words that sound alike and are spelt the same, but that have different meanings.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA