Tuesday, January 23, 2018

'Winged creature' photograph has gone viral

Posted on Thursday, 5 January, 2017 | Comment icon 141 comments

Is this a winged creature or a pair of palm trees ? Image Credit: Facebook / Richard Christianson
An image of what has been described as a 'winged demon' has been uploaded by a user on Facebook.
The peculiar image, which has been shared more than 80,000 times on social media, was posted on Facebook by Richard Christianson who wrote "What the hell do you see in this picture for reals ??"

The photograph was allegedly taken in Arizona and shows what some online users have interpreted as a large humanoid creature with wings walking along the side of a road.

Others however maintain that the image is little more than an optical illusion and that the 'creature' is actually a pair of palm trees that happen to have been photographed from just the right angle.

Suffice to say, the latter explanation is certainly more plausible than the former.

Source: USA Today | Comments (141)

Tags: Demon, Creature, Facebook

Comment icon #132 Posted by Crystal Rose on 30 January, 2017, 22:15
So... you want a photo of a corpse of a demon or such. Do you see that this is actually quite disgusting and more mad than my claim? And I m not here to prove myself, I'm here to provide controversy.
Comment icon #133 Posted by Crystal Rose on 30 January, 2017, 22:16
Not going to repeat myself.
Comment icon #134 Posted by Stiff on 30 January, 2017, 22:28
Yes, the most simplest and easiest form of evidence, however disgusting, would pretty much have given you the utmost respect imaginable. But, like you say, you're not here to prove yourself. It figures.
Comment icon #135 Posted by ChrLzs on 31 January, 2017, 2:26
No. Of course it isn't. Then perhaps you are mistaking this discussion forum for your personal blog? That isn't funny, by the way...
Comment icon #136 Posted by Thorvir on 31 January, 2017, 2:48
Then that's that. If all you have is what you presented, then you haven't proven or supported anything. Thanks for the discussion anyway.
Comment icon #137 Posted by Thorvir on 31 January, 2017, 2:49
Yes. That's just a start, though. Not at all. Your claim doesn't have to be mad if you just support it. No one is calling you crazy or a charlatan yet. Thanks for that admission. That means you're just trolling.
Comment icon #138 Posted by The Butler on 31 January, 2017, 4:45
I'm very curious about your "weapons"
Comment icon #139 Posted by Crystal Rose on 31 January, 2017, 5:44
Just replying here to remind everyone that I do wish to discuss the actual topic here. If you guys want to hate on the fact I don't provide evidence of what I do, do so privately. I came here to discuss interesting topics, not my life story. So suck it. Otherwise if you wish to discuss the original topic be my guest. My intentions on not providing evidence of my activities, (besides being a decent person) was to subside that side of the conversation to a minimum. Seeing as it has had the opposite effect, I am being blunt. Subject terminated. Move onto original subject please.
Comment icon #140 Posted by Crystal Rose on 31 January, 2017, 5:54
I'm surprised that you consider this as contrary evidence. Slapping sticks of cardboard and barely running isn't considered as much besides fun. Ever been thrown into a wall? Bet not.
Comment icon #141 Posted by The Butler on 31 January, 2017, 6:54
Contrary to what? Your assertion that you do mortal combat with imaginary beasties? I posted video that I feel is apropriate to the seriousness of your claim, of a person being brutally beaten with cardboard. They tripover numerous times. The point was to show that one can have a camera on them and film themselves incombat. I could show you martial arts contests and motorbike crashes. Your excusesare transparent.

Study shows cats can be right or left-pawed
1-22-2018
It's not only humans who favor one hand over the other - cats seem to share this preference as well.
Man dies after dog accidentally shoots him
1-22-2018
An experienced hunter from Russia has died in a freak accident involving one of his own hunting dogs.
Scientists make tractor beam breakthrough
1-22-2018
An acoustic tractor beam could make it possible to levitate large objects within the not-too-distant future.
Weather blamed for 200,000 antelope deaths
1-21-2018
Scientists may have finally determined what caused vast numbers of saiga antelopes to die back in 2015.
Brian Cox talks to Buzz Aldrin
Posted 1-18-2018 | 1 comment
Professor Brian Cox discusses space travel with legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

Typing vs handwriting
Posted 1-16-2018 | 2 comments
Is typing on a computer better or worse for your memory then writing on paper ?

Can coding help avoid job automation ?
Posted 1-12-2018 | 0 comments
Taking up coding and technical skills to avoid automation may be counter-productive.

Dinosaur death match
Posted 1-8-2018 | 0 comments
A look at how various dinosaurs might have fared against the predators of their day.

Best records of 2017
Posted 1-4-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of the most bizarre and amazing world records of the last year.

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States