Saturday, October 19, 2019

'Broad Haven Triangle' UFO mystery turns 40

Posted on Sunday, 5 February, 2017 | Comment icon 15 comments

What was the object that landed at Broad Haven Primary School ? Image Credit: PD / Photovision / Pixabay
It has now been four decades since a group of children witnessed a UFO outside their school in Wales.
The remarkable incident, which remains one of the most compelling UFO cases ever reported, involved a group of schoolchildren who saw a figure dressed in silver emerge from a "yellow cigar-shaped craft" which landed in a field next to Broad Haven Primary School on February 4, 1977.

The school's headteacher, who didn't believe their story, later asked them to draw what they had seen. To his surprise the sketches of the UFO and its occupant were all eerily similar.

The same UFO was reportedly sighted again only a couple of weeks later, this time by some of the teachers and dinner ladies. One of them even described seeing a "creature" going inside.

Another strange sighting was also reported in April by hotel owner Rosa Granville who was awoken in the early hours by a strange noise and saw a series of peculiar flashing lights through her window.

When she looked out she observed what she described as an "upside-down saucer" in a nearby field and two "faceless humanoids" on the ground next to it.

"It was early morning and mum was woken by a buzzing noise and she thought she'd left the gas boiler on. Once downstairs she realised the noise was from outside," said her daughter, Francis.

"She looked out and saw about 100 feet away an oval object she could only describe as a 'space craft' with lights, slowly land and two figures emerge in silver suits."

No conclusive explanation for these sightings has ever been found.

Source: BBC News | Comments (15)

Tags: Broad Haven, UFO

Comment icon #6 Posted by taniwha on 5 February, 2017, 1:21
True. †I've posted a couple of my own. Looking back 5 - 10 years I still feel I have a fresh grasp on what I saw. † It is a whole different can of worms though trying to convey in written form exactly what I recall.† Perceptions can be vague. Its like asking people to conceive what the coastline looks like if all theyve ever done is smell the sea breeze... ...Sorry probably a bad analogy, as is the next one... ...As a pup, my dog †was scared of his own shadow. The faster he ran the more he got chased. †It never once bit him and nowdays he can lay quite peacefully beside himself. 40 years on I ... [More]
Comment icon #7 Posted by Hawkin on 5 February, 2017, 4:56
From my experience around kids, they call things as they see them. They will say things that goes on in the family that their parents want to keep secret from others. I can tell by the parents reaction of embarrassment or surprise when the child speaks of a situation within their family.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Black Monk on 5 February, 2017, 12:35
I've read about this case in some UFO or paranormal book. The school children certainly did see something very strange, as did many other people in that area in 1977.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Mr.United_Nations on 5 February, 2017, 18:23
They have the mach loop which is an area where low flying aircraft are seen. So it could be that, it does however match a experimental aircraft belonging to the USAF
Comment icon #10 Posted by Bella-Angelique on 5 February, 2017, 18:53
UFO near a school sounded familiar and so I looked it up and found that a similar incident happened in the state of West Virginia in the USA, and also found what I was not aware of, that the state has been a hotbed of UFO sightings.†http://www.register-herald.com/news/local_news/west-virginia-almost-a-ufo-heaven/article_e82e9e52-b476-502b-9f92-7fd4eb0971c4.html So I think what do these two places, Wales and West Virginia have in common. I get mountains and mining. Then I wonder about the Welsh people themselves and could that be another†commonality. Apparently it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/w... [More]
Comment icon #11 Posted by oldrover on 5 February, 2017, 19:05
Yes, very funny. As intriguing as your theory is, there aren't any mines (that I know of) or mountains in Pembrokshire. It's a flat peninsula†mostly given over to agriculture.†
Comment icon #12 Posted by oldrover on 5 February, 2017, 19:07
Yes, there was a lot of that sort of thing in the west back then, there's still a fair bit of it now.†
Comment icon #13 Posted by Bella-Angelique on 5 February, 2017, 19:15
The commonality is the Welsh people themselves then.†
Comment icon #14 Posted by oldrover on 5 February, 2017, 19:17
Must be.†
Comment icon #15 Posted by oldrover on 7 February, 2017, 18:41
Just been reading the FT thread on this. Apparently the 'object' was also seen by some of the school's canteen workers, who insisted it was a vehicle from the local sewage treatment works.†

Horror fans to attempt record vampire gathering
10-18-2019
Hundreds of Dracula fans in Ireland are set to attempt the world's largest gathering of vampires next week.
New 'invisibility cloak' is remarkably effective
10-18-2019
A Canadian company has come up with a new material that can render large objects almost totally invisible.
Divers encounter incredible underwater 'blob'
10-18-2019
This remarkable object, which is believed to be a mass of squid eggs, was found in the waters off Norway's coast.
Government file details new thylacine sightings
10-17-2019
A recently released government document has revealed 8 new sightings of the 'extinct' animal in the last 3 years.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ