Sunday, October 21, 2018

Muscle-bound kangaroo spotted in Australia

Posted on Thursday, 12 October, 2017 | Comment icon 12 comments
Photographs of a 'macho' marsupial standing in a creek in Western Australia have gone viral online.
The 6ft 5in kangaroo was encountered by 27-year-old Jackson Vincent while he was out walking his dog near Boodjidup Creek earlier this week.

The creature's incredible rippling muscles gave it the appearance of a professional bodybuilder.

"I have been going to that creek since I was a little boy and there have always been kangaroos on the property," said Vincent. "I was walking my dog and we saw this huge roo standing in the water. "

"I have never seen a kangaroo standing in the water like that, we could just see his head at first, and he was one of the biggest I have ever seen. As I ran around him to take a picture he came closer and that was when I realised he was coming right at me and he was really big."

While kangaroos generally don't tend to attack humans unless provoked, this one was so massive that it was difficult to do anything other than back away as it approached.

"He looked to be at least two meters (6ft 5in) tall or taller and must have weighed at least 100 kg (16st)," said Vincent. "He had a really big body and was taller than me. There are a lot of roos at my grandma's place but I have never seen one that muscular before - he was a big macho male."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (12)

Tags: Kangaroo

Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdyer on 12 October, 2017, 17:58
But does he "talk" in an Austrian accent?
Comment icon #4 Posted by jarjarbinks on 12 October, 2017, 19:05
they were giving him whey protein powder lol
Comment icon #5 Posted by Princess Serenity on 12 October, 2017, 19:43
If I say that thing with my pet. I would be going back the way I came. No thanks.
Comment icon #6 Posted by paperdyer on 12 October, 2017, 21:24
He is scary. Imagine if he was around when people boxed kangaroos. I doubt anyone would get in the ring with him no matter how much money they could earn by staying in the required number of rounds. Wait a minute! Call Vince McMahon! This Kanga can go into pro wrestling.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Goodf3llow on 12 October, 2017, 23:07
Not really surprising for those who have seen them before..the real power is in the legs.
Comment icon #8 Posted by pallidin on 13 October, 2017, 18:37
My thoughts of affectionately petting a full grown roo is now out the window.
Comment icon #9 Posted by qxcontinuum on 14 October, 2017, 14:38
what an amazing animal !
Comment icon #10 Posted by Not Your Huckleberry on 15 October, 2017, 10:04
Wow, must be a myostatin deficiency. Extremely rare, but happens in humans, too.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Black Monk on 15 October, 2017, 11:43
Not Austrian. Australian.
Comment icon #12 Posted by coldmoon on 16 October, 2017, 0:39
Please tell me this is fake. Please.

Road workers unearth woolly mammoth bones
10-21-2018
The prehistoric remains of a mammoth and rhinoceros have been discovered near Cambridge, England.
Perfectly square iceberg baffles the Internet
10-21-2018
This strangely geometric piece of ice was photographed by NASA off Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf.
Ancient talisman inscription remains a mystery
10-20-2018
Experts in London have been attempting to decipher the writing on an ancient stone found in the 19th century.
Dr Who and Star Trek get new constellations
10-20-2018
NASA has revealed an unofficial list of new gamma ray constellations based on popular culture icons.
The city of towering temples
Posted 10-21-2018 | 2 comments
A look at the temples of Angkor - a city steeped in Cambodian history and legend.

How does fluid 'climb' up a rod ?
Posted 10-16-2018 | 4 comments
Physics Girl checks out a remarkable effect achievable with non-newtonian fluids.

Tense stand off with an elephant
Posted 10-10-2018 | 2 comments
A BBC film crew ends up face to face with a potentially hostile Indian elephant.

Free solo climbing in 360 degrees
Posted 10-5-2018 | 3 comments
Alex Honnold climbs up Yosemite's famous El Capitan with no equipment whatsoever.

An astronaut's guide to risk taking
Posted 10-1-2018 | 0 comments
Veteran NASA astronaut Chris Hadfield talks about his views on taking risks.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas