Friday, May 25, 2018

Muscle-bound kangaroo spotted in Australia

Posted on Thursday, 12 October, 2017 | Comment icon 12 comments
Photographs of a 'macho' marsupial standing in a creek in Western Australia have gone viral online.
The 6ft 5in kangaroo was encountered by 27-year-old Jackson Vincent while he was out walking his dog near Boodjidup Creek earlier this week.

The creature's incredible rippling muscles gave it the appearance of a professional bodybuilder.

"I have been going to that creek since I was a little boy and there have always been kangaroos on the property," said Vincent. "I was walking my dog and we saw this huge roo standing in the water. "

"I have never seen a kangaroo standing in the water like that, we could just see his head at first, and he was one of the biggest I have ever seen. As I ran around him to take a picture he came closer and that was when I realised he was coming right at me and he was really big."

While kangaroos generally don't tend to attack humans unless provoked, this one was so massive that it was difficult to do anything other than back away as it approached.

"He looked to be at least two meters (6ft 5in) tall or taller and must have weighed at least 100 kg (16st)," said Vincent. "He had a really big body and was taller than me. There are a lot of roos at my grandma's place but I have never seen one that muscular before - he was a big macho male."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (12)

Tags: Kangaroo

Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdyer on 12 October, 2017, 17:58
But does he "talk" in an Austrian accent?
Comment icon #4 Posted by jarjarbinks on 12 October, 2017, 19:05
they were giving him whey protein powder lol
Comment icon #5 Posted by Princess Serenity on 12 October, 2017, 19:43
If I say that thing with my pet. I would be going back the way I came. No thanks.
Comment icon #6 Posted by paperdyer on 12 October, 2017, 21:24
He is scary. Imagine if he was around when people boxed kangaroos.  I doubt anyone would get in the ring with him no matter how much money they could earn by staying in the required number of rounds.  Wait a minute! Call Vince McMahon! This Kanga can go into pro wrestling.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Goodf3llow on 12 October, 2017, 23:07
Not really surprising for those who have seen them before..the real power is in the legs.
Comment icon #8 Posted by pallidin on 13 October, 2017, 18:37
My thoughts of affectionately petting a full grown roo is now out the window.
Comment icon #9 Posted by qxcontinuum on 14 October, 2017, 14:38
what an amazing animal !
Comment icon #10 Posted by Not Your Huckleberry on 15 October, 2017, 10:04
Wow, must be a myostatin deficiency. Extremely rare, but happens in humans, too.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Black Monk on 15 October, 2017, 11:43
Not Austrian. Australian.
Comment icon #12 Posted by coldmoon on 16 October, 2017, 0:39
Please tell me this is fake. Please.

New tests cast doubt on 'impossible' EmDrive
5-24-2018
Researchers in Germany may have found an explanation for the thrust produced by the controversial drive.
New fossil find prompts Pangaea split rethink
5-24-2018
A new fossil discovery has revealed that the early supercontinent split more slowly than previously believed.
Florida city sends out zombie alert message
5-23-2018
Lake Worth residents were shocked to receive an alert warning them about zombies earlier this week.
Loch Ness DNA tests to aid in hunt for Nessie
5-23-2018
Scientists are aiming to learn exactly what types of creatures are living in Scotland's enigmatic loch.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 9 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 3 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA