Friday, May 25, 2018

'Ghost girl' snapped at Myrtles Plantation

Posted on Thursday, 7 December, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments
A group of women visiting the attraction managed to capture something unusual in one of their photographs.
Situated in St. Francisville, Louisiana and said to be built on top of a Tunica Indian burial ground, the Myrtles Plantation is widely considered to be one of the most haunted places in America.

One of the many ghosts said to lurk within the building is that of William Drew Winter - an attorney who was shot by a stranger and then died while attempting to climb back up the stairs.

To this day, visitors and employees alike have reported hearing his dying footsteps.

This most recent photograph, which was posted on the plantation's Facebook page, was taken by a group of woman during a recent visit and shows an unexplained face in the top-right corner.

Could this be someone who once worked on the plantation or has the image been doctored ?

You decide.

Source: WAFB.com | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Myrtles Plantation

Comment icon #17 Posted by SecretSanta on 7 December, 2017, 23:31
Now that you mention it, I do see him.  Someone taking a photo of a computer monitor after they photoshopped the lady on the steps?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Timonthy on 7 December, 2017, 23:45
It’s just the guy who is taking the photo through the glass. My point being the thing on the stairs is probably a reflection too.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Carnoferox on 8 December, 2017, 6:09
As for the photo of the "ghost lady" on the stairs, it's probably a Pepper's Ghost illusion. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for the glass panel (evidenced by the photographer's reflection) in the middle of that room unless it was being used to pull off the trick.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Timonthy on 8 December, 2017, 8:39
If you find the floor plan, he is standing outside on the front porch looking in.
Comment icon #21 Posted by UFOwatcher on 8 December, 2017, 16:21
You guys do good analyzing....
Comment icon #22 Posted by switchopens on 8 December, 2017, 18:14
Zoom in on this ****. You can clearly see the physical background objects coming together to create a face; pareidolia explains the rest.
Comment icon #23 Posted by AustinHinton on 10 December, 2017, 20:16
You have to be carful about jumping the ghost gun with mirrors, as mirrors are prone to getting scratches, scuffs and scrapes that can create the illusion of an image or face. I always take mirror/window ghost photos with a pinch of salt.
Comment icon #24 Posted by TripGun on 12 December, 2017, 17:30
That girls head is gigantic and there is a creepy face in the window.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Sooth Sayer on 23 December, 2017, 18:30
I was skeptical about sightings until around 1992. Living in an apt building with roughly 20 units everyone knew everyone. On a sunny afternoon, coming home I seen one of my fellow tenants outside in front of our building. A neighbor across the street later said he too, seen him outside. Next day, the police came knocking on my apt door asking questions about the aforementioned tenant. When one cop asked me when was the last time I had seen him I answered honestly. I had seen him the previous afternoon. Both cops started laughing at me. Then the cop that asked me the question said that that wa... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by papageorge1 on 23 December, 2017, 22:23
Good story. I have heard others like it. It may be he was confused not realizing he was in his astral form.

New tests cast doubt on 'impossible' EmDrive
5-24-2018
Researchers in Germany may have found an explanation for the thrust produced by the controversial drive.
New fossil find prompts Pangaea split rethink
5-24-2018
A new fossil discovery has revealed that the early supercontinent split more slowly than previously believed.
Florida city sends out zombie alert message
5-23-2018
Lake Worth residents were shocked to receive an alert warning them about zombies earlier this week.
Loch Ness DNA tests to aid in hunt for Nessie
5-23-2018
Scientists are aiming to learn exactly what types of creatures are living in Scotland's enigmatic loch.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 9 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 3 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA