Friday, March 23, 2018

'Ghost girl' snapped at Myrtles Plantation

Posted on Thursday, 7 December, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments
A group of women visiting the attraction managed to capture something unusual in one of their photographs.
Situated in St. Francisville, Louisiana and said to be built on top of a Tunica Indian burial ground, the Myrtles Plantation is widely considered to be one of the most haunted places in America.

One of the many ghosts said to lurk within the building is that of William Drew Winter - an attorney who was shot by a stranger and then died while attempting to climb back up the stairs.

To this day, visitors and employees alike have reported hearing his dying footsteps.

This most recent photograph, which was posted on the plantation's Facebook page, was taken by a group of woman during a recent visit and shows an unexplained face in the top-right corner.

Could this be someone who once worked on the plantation or has the image been doctored ?

You decide.

Source: | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Myrtles Plantation

Comment icon #17 Posted by SecretSanta on 7 December, 2017, 23:31
Now that you mention it, I do see him.  Someone taking a photo of a computer monitor after they photoshopped the lady on the steps?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Timonthy on 7 December, 2017, 23:45
It’s just the guy who is taking the photo through the glass. My point being the thing on the stairs is probably a reflection too.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Carnoferox on 8 December, 2017, 6:09
As for the photo of the "ghost lady" on the stairs, it's probably a Pepper's Ghost illusion. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for the glass panel (evidenced by the photographer's reflection) in the middle of that room unless it was being used to pull off the trick.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Timonthy on 8 December, 2017, 8:39
If you find the floor plan, he is standing outside on the front porch looking in.
Comment icon #21 Posted by UFOwatcher on 8 December, 2017, 16:21
You guys do good analyzing....
Comment icon #22 Posted by switchopens on 8 December, 2017, 18:14
Zoom in on this ****. You can clearly see the physical background objects coming together to create a face; pareidolia explains the rest.
Comment icon #23 Posted by AustinHinton on 10 December, 2017, 20:16
You have to be carful about jumping the ghost gun with mirrors, as mirrors are prone to getting scratches, scuffs and scrapes that can create the illusion of an image or face. I always take mirror/window ghost photos with a pinch of salt.
Comment icon #24 Posted by TripGun on 12 December, 2017, 17:30
That girls head is gigantic and there is a creepy face in the window.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Sooth Sayer on 23 December, 2017, 18:30
I was skeptical about sightings until around 1992. Living in an apt building with roughly 20 units everyone knew everyone. On a sunny afternoon, coming home I seen one of my fellow tenants outside in front of our building. A neighbor across the street later said he too, seen him outside. Next day, the police came knocking on my apt door asking questions about the aforementioned tenant. When one cop asked me when was the last time I had seen him I answered honestly. I had seen him the previous afternoon. Both cops started laughing at me. Then the cop that asked me the question said that that wa... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by papageorge1 on 23 December, 2017, 22:23
Good story. I have heard others like it. It may be he was confused not realizing he was in his astral form.

Wreck of the USS Juneau found after 75 years
The World War II-era vessel went down in 1942 after being hit by Japanese torpedoes in the Pacific.
Tiangong-1 space station to crash over Easter
China's out-of-control Tiangong-1 space lab is now expected to fall to Earth over the Easter weekend.
Mystery of lioness with a mane has been solved
Researchers have finally determined why a zoo lioness has mysteriously sprouted mane-like head and neck hair.
Astronomer announces the discovery of... Mars
One astronomer was left red-faced this week after he mistook the planet Mars for an undiscovered star.
How smart are you ?
Posted 3-23-2018 | 0 comments
Does an IQ test really offer an accurate measure of a person's intelligence ?
Posted 3-22-2018 | 1 comment
A look at words that sound alike and are spelt the same, but that have different meanings.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA