Saturday, December 14, 2019

Cow spotted in the back seat of a moving car

Posted on Sunday, 8 July, 2018 | Comment icon 15 comments

It remains unclear exactly why the cow was being driven around in a car. Image Credit: Facebook
Police in South Wales have launched an investigation after images of the peculiar spectacle emerged online.
The cow, which seemed to have been crammed in to the back seat of the blue Volkswagen Passat, seemed unperturbed as the driver headed down the motorway on Friday evening.

The RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) described the images as "extremely concerning" and called for road users not to transport cattle this way.

"This is a completely unacceptable way to transport a large, farm animal," said a spokeswoman. "This represents an animal welfare concern but also a risk to the safety of the driver and other road users."

"We would strongly urge people never to transport an animal like this."

Efforts to track down the owner of the vehicle are now underway.

Source: BBC News | Comments (15)

Tags: Cow, Car

Comment icon #6 Posted by paperdyer on 9 July, 2018, 15:25
The cow was just out for a milk run. (I had to do it!)
Comment icon #7 Posted by little_dreamer on 10 July, 2018, 12:50
The driver needed an extra passenger for the carpool lane.
Comment icon #8 Posted by MWoo7 on 12 July, 2018, 18:36
Oh I'm late to comment((((( I just had to comment ahahah! ) Oh its nothing, settle down now, don't feel bad, we write these tickets all the time. Lets see here *writing ticket* I know I know, yes Ma'am, I can't be sorry you've a moving violation and accident waiting to happen. Excuse me, Ma'am see right here. . . . Yes Yes yes its Regulation RCW894387.toomoo, and again to be clear-- illegal mooing vehicle citation Ma'am.
Comment icon #9 Posted by kapow53 on 13 July, 2018, 2:02
That cow got in the car.  Is happy.  Stop pickin on cows.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 13 July, 2018, 4:45
That one pic looks like a black calf was in there also, looks like the brown one and a black one. Odd, really, LOL. Hope they are not already veal cutlets.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Nzo on 14 July, 2018, 5:07
I hope they find that person and fine them into oblivion. Hope the little calves are ok and being treated properly.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Still Waters on 17 July, 2018, 20:17
The driver has been found.
Comment icon #13 Posted by freetoroam on 17 July, 2018, 20:24
Ongoing? What is there to ongo?
Comment icon #14 Posted by freetoroam on 17 July, 2018, 20:31
Oh goody..so you can put your calf in the back seat?!!!!!
Comment icon #15 Posted by freetoroam on 17 July, 2018, 20:37
I guess this will be what is ongoing  =  they have to weigh the cow.

Thylacine hunter to spend two years in the bush
12-14-2019
Neil Waters is preparing to spend two years living in the Australian bush in an effort to capture a live thylacine.
Human lifespan is only 38 years, study claims
12-14-2019
A new method for determining lifespans from DNA has offered up a perplexing figure for our 'natural' lifespan.
Fish farmers rescue eagle from giant octopus
12-14-2019
The struggling animals were recently encountered off the northwest tip of Canada's Vancouver Island.
Giant telescope to join the search for alien life
12-13-2019
The world's largest filled-aperture radio telescope is about to start operating after several years of testing.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia