Thursday, January 17, 2019

Kentucky woman reports '7ft tall creature'

Posted on Thursday, 27 December, 2018 | Comment icon 25 comments

What type of creature did the couple encounter ? Image Credit: (PD)
The woman and her husband had been driving near Sandy Hook when they saw something in the road.
The report, which was submitted to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, describes how the couple had encountered a large bipedal creature just after 7:45pm on October 18th.

It was described as "very big in stature, thick legs, thick abdomen... at least 7ft tall" as well as being "the color of a tree, specifically the trees in that area, so like a grayish-brown, very earthy-tone."

The woman's husband, whose eyes were on the road at the time, saw only a "strange shadow".

Due to the mountainous nature of the area, the creature - whatever it was - must have descended a steep incline to reach the road and then dropped down another steep incline on the other side.

After the incident, the couple returned to the same location but couldn't find anything unusual.

"That night, the neighborhood dogs were behaving very strangely, barking and howling all night long," the woman added. "One of them even acted as if he could see something in the distance, and began to growl and stalk before he took off to chase it. It was a very weird night."

The full report can be found - here.

Source: Kentucky.com | Comments (25)

Tags: Creature, Bigfoot

Comment icon #16 Posted by ParanormallyCorrect on 27 December, 2018, 21:22
Worried is not a relevant word in this scenario. Angry and sad is how I would describe myself at the moment. Angry that I stupidly gave my report to an organization that did nothing more than run to the media with a tweaked version of what actually happened to gain fame/attention for themselves, and sad that something so amazing has been turned into a joke on multiple websites across the internet.  Excuse me, that is not accurate. My husband did see something, he just didn't see the creature. It's verifiable because I'm not a liar and I take the paranormal very seriously, thus my brand and You... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by ParanormallyCorrect on 27 December, 2018, 21:25
And PS we were actually driving very slow, not faster. I'm not sure where that came from but it isn't true at all.
Comment icon #18 Posted by HollyDolly on 27 December, 2018, 21:36
Look I don't doubt you saw something. Never herd of Bigfoots n kentucky, but that doesn't mean there can't be any.I understand why you would be upset. You gave it to them in confidence and  it wasn't supposed to be released to the general public. You feel you  were betrayed and  that now  everyone is going to laugh at you. I'm not. Maybe you were  mistaken on what you saw, or if you did see a bigfoot, it was so quick.  Just because  you and your husband  looked for evidence  and had trouble finding  it, does not mean that this creature wasn't there. If there are wild animals around they could ... [More]
Comment icon #19 Posted by Timothy on 27 December, 2018, 23:03
Thanks for the reply. If that account is not accurate then there’s not really anything to discuss, unless you’re willing to give your first hand account of events, or already have a YouTube video you can link? I asked about the distance because of how that account suggested the vehicle was being driven faster due to the low fuel light that just came on, which seemed strange especially if it were a short distance you had to travel. And also because it said you were on lookout as a safety precaution against auto accidents which contradicted the faster speed/driver talking on the phone while driv... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by MaxieRosalee on 28 December, 2018, 2:14
I just want to take a moment to say that a lot of the replies in this thread are really cracking me up in real life, haha. Thank you guys for the good laugh tonight. Hey there, it's really unfortunate that this organization used your report without your permission. There is contact information provided on their website, have you tried emailing them or calling them about this? It probably won't completely erase all the websites and other reports on this, but I think it's possible for them to pull it from their website or at the very least apologize to you. Whether I believe you saw something or... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by PrisonerX on 28 December, 2018, 2:16
"It was the color of a tree." According to the article, unless I missed something, that is her direct quote - which in no way is the same as saying  “She described it as a walking tree“.  A Sasquatch could easily be the color of a tree. For those that are not aware, bark comes in many colors. Matted brown hair could be described as "tree-like", for example.  Whatever the case may be, Sasquatch is real, and I honestly can't wait for a hoaxer to get shot dead for playing games.
Comment icon #22 Posted by qxcontinuum on 28 December, 2018, 5:08
I am near 7 feet tall and fish in a camouflage suit. Hopefully one day I wont be killed as big foot :(
Comment icon #23 Posted by MrBene on 28 December, 2018, 5:52
To be honest 7 feet isn't that extraordinary. I believe some humans can be around 7 feet tall. I wonder how the witness measured how tall the "shadow" was. Is there any reference on the road? A 7 feet tree?
Comment icon #24 Posted by Rlyeh on 28 December, 2018, 10:00
Because you're not a liar and you take the paranormal seriously it's verifiable?
Comment icon #25 Posted by supervike on 3 January, 2019, 23:18
Not to pick nits, but if  BFRO took the report, it's theirs.  Maybe it's your encounter, but it's their report.   Also, i didn't see anyone making snide remarks about Kentucky...did i miss something?

Fisherman claims to have seen MH370 crash
1-17-2019
A man whose crew allegedly witnessed the plane going down has provided investigators with the co-ordinates.
Can a DNA test determine your life expectancy ?
1-17-2019
Scientists in Edinburgh have developed a DNA risk score system to predict how long a person might live.
Dispute erupts over Egyptian pyramid stone
1-16-2019
Egypt has condemned plans to display a stone from the Great Pyramid of Giza at a museum in Edinburgh.
Next hadron collider to be four times larger
1-16-2019
Scientists at CERN are planning a successor to the Large Hadron Collider with ten times the power.
Which is correct - math or maths ?
Posted 1-10-2019 | 2 comments
For years, there has been some confusion over the shorthand of the word 'mathematics'.

How fast does glass crack ?
Posted 12-31-2018 | 5 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment in their back yard.

The most mind-blowing space discoveries
Posted 12-28-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of mankind's greatest space-related discoveries.

The origins of Christmas
Posted 12-22-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at the origins of several modern Christmas traditions.

The logistics of climbing Everest
Posted 12-16-2018 | 2 comments
A look at what it really takes to reach the summit of Mt. Everest.

Johannesburg Men in Black