Thursday, November 21, 2019

Beer glass explodes on camera in 'haunted' pub

Posted on Monday, 7 January, 2019 | Comment icon 33 comments

What caused the glass to smash ? Image Credit: Facebook / The Salmon
CCTV footage from The Salmon pub in Belford, England shows a glass spontaneously shattering in to pieces.
The video, which has so far been viewed over 40,000 times, was shared online by landlords Michael and Donna Duns who have been running the pub for the last three years.

"The glass had been there for about 20 minutes and there was still half a pint in it," said Michael. "I've heard the pub is haunted off a few people before which I believe now after this happened."

"The three tables in the video have been known to be where main incidents happen regarding glasses moving and falling off tables. We have seen two glass moving incidents but never breaking like that."

Sure enough, the footage does seem to show a glass spontaneously breaking, however it is unclear what has caused it to happen.
Some social media users have argued that this type of thing can actually happen quite regularly.

"Glasses smash like that in pubs all the time it's all the washing, hot steam and chemicals used to sanitise, best one is when the bottom falls out the glass," wrote Rachel Clamp.

Others, meanwhile, remain adamant that something paranormal must have been responsible.

The footage itself can be viewed below.

Source: Chronicle Live | Comments (33)

Tags: Beer, Glass, Pub, Haunted

Comment icon #24 Posted by Avalanche on 7 January, 2019, 23:10
Agree with above glass can shatter because of many reasons tension, or heat etc i once helped dads mate whos a builder to remove my parents shower glass door and it shattered when he picked it up in his hands he was extremely lucky cause he escaped without any cuts.†
Comment icon #25 Posted by papageorge1 on 8 January, 2019, 0:29
Can a glass like that just explode from natural causes. I suppose it's possible for all I know, but I spend my fair share of time in bars and restaurants and in my house with glasses and I think the frequency of such things spontaneously exploding in that manner is getting greatly overrated by some in this thread. I can't say I've ever seen a shattering in that manner.; But also when considering cases like this I listen to all bits of information including an already strong suspicion that that area of the pub was haunted. People saw glass move in a way they obviously didn't feel was normal. To... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by TripGun on 9 January, 2019, 18:42
Frequency vibration can find defects in glass. Blame the jukebox or a super roofy
Comment icon #27 Posted by ChrLzs on 9 January, 2019, 23:26
To oversword and preacherman..† yep, because you two have not been 'lucky' then everyone else who has seen it (and I have), they are all full of it and telling lies. I've seen it happen twice, in my 50+ years of being a sentient observer.† It's RARE, so some people will probably never see it, just by random chance. † But if you google "glass shatters for no reason", how's about reading the myriad accounts†and also the explanations.† For you to dismiss a quite well known and documented phenomena (and one that is quite well understood)†is sorta ironic, I think.... In my cases, the examples were:... [More]
Comment icon #28 Posted by openozy on 9 January, 2019, 23:26
I've had one glass explode in my home but the place was full of paranormal happenings.I'm more inclined to think its a malevolent spirit as most pubs have bad, negative vibes,some more than others.I don't know why they attract people,apart from the alcohol.
Comment icon #29 Posted by stereologist on 10 January, 2019, 22:15
I've had a pyrex oven dish shatter after it cooled down and was sitting on the counter. It wasn't new. It was time for it to fail.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Sakari on 12 January, 2019, 18:41
You owe apologies..... https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=can+drinking+glasses+shatter+by+themselves
Comment icon #31 Posted by preacherman76 on 12 January, 2019, 23:35
If anyone owes an apology itís cheap glass makers owing bar owners. Here in NY we donít have such problems†
Comment icon #32 Posted by Sakari on 13 January, 2019, 14:30
Comment icon #33 Posted by brian100 on 17 September, 2019, 2:49
I just saw that video on youtube today. I find it ironic people have an explanation for anything odd. My guess it was shot by a BB gun. † †

Are ghosts a sign that we live in a simulation ?
11-21-2019
Two scientists have put forward the intriguing yet disturbing notion that we may all be living in the Matrix.
3D images of 'Noah's Ark' set to be revealed
11-21-2019
A Turkish ark-hunter has captured new subterranean images of what he believes to be the real Noah's Ark.
Outbreak of the Black Death reported in China
11-21-2019
A resurgence of the bubonic plague in China has been raising eyebrows this week, but just how dangerous is it?
Flat Earth conspiracy is continuing to spread
11-20-2019
Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, more and more people now believe that the Earth is flat.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia