Wednesday, October 16, 2019

It is now possible to buy a treadmill for your cat

Posted on Wednesday, 9 January, 2019 | Comment icon 16 comments

Would your cat run on one of these ? Image Credit: YouTube / ChiiChii Bro / Pet Ding
Korean company Pet Ding has designed and built a circular treadmill intended to help your cat exercise.
Known as the Little Cat smart treadmill, the unorthodox invention was showcased to bemused audiences at this year's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

To help motivate your cat to actually run on the device, a series of LEDs have been fitted for the animal to chase. You can also control the lights manually using a smartphone app.

The treadmill will even operate on its own so that your cat can please itself when it goes for a jog.

According to Pet Ding, an overweight cat can lose as much as 3kg by using the device.

With a price tag of $1,700 however, it's unclear how many cat owners are likely to pick one up.

Source: Gizmodo | Comments (16)

Tags: Cat, Treadmill

Comment icon #7 Posted by Seti42 on 9 January, 2019, 22:31
For about 5-10 bucks you can buy a laser pointer and get your cat to run up and down a hallway everyday. I've been doing that for years, lol.
Comment icon #8 Posted by aztek on 10 January, 2019, 4:54
or a laser dot. when we come back from weekend away our cat runs towards us, rubs his head against our legs and purrs. but usually he minds his own business.† he does come like a dog when called but not everytime.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Farmer77 on 10 January, 2019, 4:58
We used to have our pitbulls and American Bulldogs jog on the treadmill all the time. A tired pet is a happy pet!
Comment icon #10 Posted by aztek on 10 January, 2019, 5:00
they are trainable, just not as much or as many as dogs, i bet that cat trainer tried many cats before he found one that he can train. yea they love boxes,† or bags, or anything they can get into.† if you want to put a cat in a bag, do not bother doing it yourself, leave a bag on the floor, and a cat will get in by itself, mine does it every time i put a laundry bag on the floor, and it does not have to be empty.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Hankenhunter on 10 January, 2019, 8:21
As someone who has invented a great selling exercise cat toy selling for five bucks, I'm getting a kick out of this.† Hank
Comment icon #12 Posted by Farmer77 on 10 January, 2019, 8:42
Oh? Please do tell!
Comment icon #13 Posted by Hankenhunter on 10 January, 2019, 10:19
If it's†okay with you, it might be better in a p.m. I don't want to, nor be accused of advertising on UM.†I value this place too much. Hank
Comment icon #14 Posted by Farmer77 on 10 January, 2019, 10:21
Of course! Also please dont feel compelled to share anything if you dont want to!† (I dont get the impression that you would but thought I should throw that out there)
Comment icon #15 Posted by sci-nerd on 10 January, 2019, 14:42
He's saying: It's good you are home, food provider! Now feed me!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Hal White on 14 January, 2019, 19:13
funny thing is there already is a Cat treadmill. Its even been featured on Tested the Adam Savage youtube.. Its called one Fast cat..† Ill let you search it out if you like but its a fraction of the cost (getting one for my cats soon) and Brilliant idea of the laser pointer shining on it.† Like that thinking I have 3 cats (yes call me crazy) and they need more exercise. So Im going to get one and if I remember this post Ill send a video clip of each trying it out. Im not affiliated with them I think its a great idea but I feel a tiny bit of re engineering is needed. Was going to 3d print my ow... [More]

Isolated family spent years awaiting 'end times'
10-16-2019
A family of six in the Netherlands has been rescued after being kept in a secret room waiting for the end of the world.
NASA unveils new Artemis spacesuit prototypes
10-16-2019
Keen to meet its 2024 deadline for returning to the Moon, NASA has unveiled its first new spacesuits in 40 years.
Visiting interstellar comet is caught on camera
10-15-2019
Astronomers have revealed that comet 2I/Borisov is remarkably similar to comets from our own solar system.
Man traces pop star from her eye reflections
10-15-2019
A man has been arrested after using a disturbingly simple yet effective way to track down a pop star's home.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ