Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Turkish airline pilot films UFO during flight

Posted on Monday, 13 May, 2019 | Comment icon 115 comments

What did the pilot and his crew witness ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Olivier Cleynen
Pilot Atilla Senturk and his crew encountered a strange object during a routine flight from Istanbul to Cologne.
Turkish news sites are this week reporting that the crew of a Turkish Airlines flight on May 10th witnessed a very bright, fast-moving object which appeared to move perilously close to the plane before moving off at considerable speed.

Pilot Atilla Senturk, whose phone footage of the object can be viewed in the video below, described it as an "incredibly bright celestial body at high altitude."

"I did not see anything flying so fast," he said . "It was not a satellite or a star. Then it disappeared at an incredible speed. [It] was very close to us and very bright despite the sun."
"Cabin supervisor Efsun Selin Sezer and First Officer Ozgur Erdas were [also] witnesses."

While the video is difficult to make out, it certainly seems to show something in the sky nearby.

Exactly what it was that the crew encountered that day however continues to remain a total mystery.

Source: t24.com.tr | Comments (115)

Tags: Turkey, UFO

Comment icon #106 Posted by ChrLzs on 24 May, 2019, 4:54
I don't see them there at all..............................  And to prove how consistent I am........ *I'm* not an expert in brain surgery, so you won't see me EVER at a neurosurgery forum... I am however {modesty off} very good at photography (lots of experience in both film and digital), amateur astronomy, aeronautics and identifying aerial 'anomalies'. {modesty on}  That's why I am *here*, instead. Problem is, even the most basic questioning of an experience, or (heaven forbid) discussion about how memories work and why anecdotes cannot be accepted as evidence without at least significant c... [More]
Comment icon #107 Posted by the13bats on 24 May, 2019, 5:52
"undermining" on two different occasions here people told their story and they were pretty extraordinary, i asked well an event like that had to have other witnesses, perhaps reports have you gone online tried to track down any collaboration, the reply i got was an ad hominem attack, a big tantrum and lots of insults, a simple yes or no, perhaps a bit of elaborating about it but no, they wanted to be taken souly on their word. i have seen people on here tell wild tales and when questioned i have actually seen people threatened, i have seen people say they are hunting an explanation but if that... [More]
Comment icon #108 Posted by stereologist on 24 May, 2019, 11:09
You should look at the problems with eyewitnesses. They are highly unreliable. This is true  of all sorts of eyewitness reports from crimes to UFOs. Events such as this that are short lived and unexpected are especially troublesome. See the thread on the excitedness effect.
Comment icon #109 Posted by Alien Origins on 24 May, 2019, 11:10
Let's remember what the "U" in UFO stands for folks....
Comment icon #110 Posted by Alien Origins on 24 May, 2019, 11:13
Can you point us to this physical evidence you made reference to here....? There are thousands of photo's and video's out there..I would not be surprised if the current version of Photoshop does not have a UFO button somewhere in the software....
Comment icon #111 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 24 May, 2019, 15:00
Bunch of crap. there were 40+ witnesses to this event in the power plant alone.  It ain't fake.   Project Bluebook never had a problem with the photo's genuineness. If you think it's fake PROVE IT You're lying again., I did NOT falsely claim that. It's true. There is another photo that was taken that day. If you say I falsely claimed that,,,  PROVE it is falsely claimed. You're lying again. I know what the term UFO means. You like my term idjut, eh?  Look in the mirror when you read it
Comment icon #112 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 24 May, 2019, 15:03
You mean like this, ChrLzs:     "A few notes, as Earl seems to want to misrepresent the content of that other thread: " So I want to misrepresent...???   Is that the kind of personal attack you refer to, fibber?
Comment icon #113 Posted by Robotic Jew on 24 May, 2019, 15:31
I've never seen any footage that would lead me to believe a UFO is CLEARLY intelligently being controlled.
Comment icon #114 Posted by stereologist on 24 May, 2019, 15:56
There is no need for anyone to prove it is a fake since it has been established as a fake. The clear and strong evidence has already been provided. Were there 40+ witnesses in the power plant? No evidence provided so far. And yes you falsely claimed the existence of another photo.
Comment icon #115 Posted by Saru on 24 May, 2019, 19:06
Thread closed.

Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia