Thursday, October 17, 2019

'Ghost Hunters' TV show is back from the dead

Posted on Saturday, 29 June, 2019 | Comment icon 25 comments

Ghost Hunters originally ran for more than 200 episodes. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The show, which was discontinued back in 2016, is set for a revival alongside the return of a familiar face.
One of most popular paranormal TV shows to hit US screens, Ghost Hunters launched all the way back in 2004 and followed plumbers Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson - two paranormal investigators who, alongside a team of fellow enthusiasts, spent their spare time looking for evidence of ghosts.

The show was particularly well received during its early years due to Wilson and Hawes' focus on debunking the evidence that they found rather than assuming everything was paranormal.

Even so, the show also had its critics, with some arguing that the hosts were promoting pseudoscience, misusing scientific equipment and fabricating evidence.

Grant Wilson left the show in 2012 and Hawes announced that the show would be ending its relationship with the SyFy channel in 2016, effectively ending its 12 year run.

Now, three years after the last episode, A&E has announced that it will be reviving the show as part of a new initiative to bring a number of new paranormal shows to the channel.

The new Ghost Hunters team will be headed up by returning series veteran Grant Wilson.

"Paranormal worked really well for us in the past," said head of programming Elaine Frontain Bryant. "It feels like it's a time in the country where there's a trend for people to be spiritual without being overly religious. I think paranormal programming can feed that, while being entertainment-forward."

"We've ensured it's going to please the die-hard fans. The show is about helping people."

Source: Hollywood Reporter | Comments (25)

Tags: Ghost Hunters

Comment icon #16 Posted by crookedspiral on 30 June, 2019, 15:31
That's his company: https://ratherdashinggames.com/
Comment icon #17 Posted by Shadow Scars on 1 July, 2019, 13:06
So Jason has a new show called Ghost Nation with Tango and Steve on Travel Channel and now Grant has a new Ghost Hunters on A&E? I wonder how Grant ended up with the brand name and why he and Jason didn't just hook back up for one new show..
Comment icon #18 Posted by cathya on 1 July, 2019, 15:47
I always wondered why they split up. No one ever said why Grant left the show.
Comment icon #19 Posted by HollyDolly on 1 July, 2019, 20:09
Well, I'll have to look up Ghost Nation on the Travel Channel.Hadn't heard anything about this.Just happend to be watching A&E, think it was Homestead rescue or some other show, and saw the ad. Looking forward to seeing it. Also will watch Ghost Nation. By the way did anyone watch this  week's new episode of Ghost Adventures?
Comment icon #20 Posted by Bendy Demon on 3 July, 2019, 21:58
Good thing I cancelled my cable tv service. Nothing to watch and even the stations I liked had gone down the porcelain commode.
Comment icon #21 Posted by acute on 15 July, 2019, 23:37
I hope all the militant skeptics believe in reincarnation now.
Comment icon #22 Posted by the13bats on 22 July, 2019, 1:28
ghost, bigfoot, aliens, treasure etc "hunter" shows never ever nap what they are hunting
Comment icon #23 Posted by Love Buzz on 22 July, 2019, 12:05
My best friend and her husband stayed two nights at The Southern Mansion in Cape May NJ. When she booked it she had no idea it was allegedly "haunted".  When they arrived their room wasn't ready, they decided to explore the town and go to dinner. Arriving back to the hotel the film crew for Ghost Hunters was setting their equipment up. She didn't have any sort of paranormal experiences those two nights.  About a month later a client came into our office and we were talking about where we vacationed that summer. He said he and his family stayed at at a Bed & Breakfast in Cape May. I asked h... [More]
Comment icon #24 Posted by GLCsector3295 on 22 July, 2019, 15:50
everything was a bit too much on that show, they would always see something when the camera wasn't on them and that was frustrating, then at one point the started using body cameras and then wouldn't ya know those ghosts they were constantly seeing when the cameras werent on , were no longer being seen.  The show is great entertainment , but 30 minutes of, WOOO WHAT WAS THAT ! and DID YA HEAR THAT ! or the, woah something just scratched my back, and the odd creaking noises, just got old for me fast, there was one smoking hot female they had on the show I figured they brought in just to keep yo... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by ScotDeerie on 28 July, 2019, 14:12
There must be tremendous pressure to "produce" results for a TV show even in the absence of *anything* paranormal. It's funny to hear that Graham is the one who objected to faking things because I remember, very distinctly, him faking "something" tugging on the back of his jacket.  TWICE. In succession. Like the paranormal was a trick pony.  That's when I stopped watching because, even if it was for amusement purposes, they were insulting my intelligence. I will give him this: he looked miserable while doing it and he left not long afterward.  I'd rather watch 20 hours of real investigation wi... [More]

Real-life 'blob' has 720 sexes but no brain
10-17-2019
A zoo in Paris has showcased one of the world's strangest organisms - a brainless, self-healing 'blob'.
'Helical engine' could reach relativistic speeds
10-16-2019
NASA engineer David Burns has developed a concept for a new drive capable of reaching distant solar systems.
Isolated family spent years awaiting 'end times'
10-16-2019
A family in the Netherlands has been rescued after being kept in a secret room waiting for the end of the world.
NASA unveils new Artemis spacesuit prototypes
10-16-2019
Keen to meet its 2024 deadline for returning to the Moon, NASA has unveiled its first new spacesuits in 40 years.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ