Monday, November 18, 2019

Weird 'alien-like' creature filmed in Indonesia

Posted on Thursday, 4 July, 2019 | Comment icon 18 comments

How would you react to finding this in your house ? Image Credit: YouTube / Viral Press
One Bali resident got the fright of his life when he discovered this strange critter on the ceiling of his home.
Hari Toae described the peculiar creature - which had a set of furry tentacle-like appendages protruding from its abdomen - as "alien-like."

"I will let it stay in my house, but only for the night," he said. "I don't want it to scare my guests away. It's not something I've ever seen before. I don't think it comes from this neighborhood."

As it turns out however, Hari's unusual visitor was in fact a harmless species of moth known as Creatonotos gangis which is typically native to Australia and south-east Asia.

The 'tentacles' are scent organs that the moth uses to produce pheromones to attract a mate.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (18)

Tags: Creature, Moth

Comment icon #9 Posted by Jon the frog on 4 July, 2019, 23:05
Don't know if it close his appendices while flying, aerodynamically , its horrible.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Isopod on 5 July, 2019, 1:19
Its just a moth. They use those appendages to disperse pheromones to attract females.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Manwon Lender on 5 July, 2019, 1:29
Moth or not I would not want to find one in my house.
Comment icon #12 Posted by darkmoonlady on 5 July, 2019, 8:30
Alien or not my cat would have gone completely ape****, hunted it down and ate it. He loses his mind over moths. Tasty.
Comment icon #13 Posted by the13bats on 5 July, 2019, 12:53
one has to wonder how many small aliens, faries, gnomes etc have ended up as a snack for garfield, healthcliff or bill the cat....
Comment icon #14 Posted by MissJatti on 6 July, 2019, 7:40
No Way thats a moth
Comment icon #15 Posted by the13bats on 6 July, 2019, 13:28
i know what you mean but yeah, its a moth, might be fun to have a thread where really weird rare known creatures are posted.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Dquinonees on 7 July, 2019, 14:06
Here is more information about this creature including photographs-http://www.lazerhorse.org/2014/12/09/creatonotos-gangis/
Comment icon #17 Posted by SpaceBumZaphod on 11 July, 2019, 0:41
I'd actually like to see that thread here. Living in South Louisiana, I've seen my share of weird looking critters. LOL
Comment icon #18 Posted by the13bats on 11 July, 2019, 0:45
i made it, but i guess it wasnt controversial enough and fizzled out,

Egypt hints at 'mummified lion' discovery
11-17-2019
Archaeologists in Egypt have discovered the mummy of a very large animal, most likely a lion or lioness.
Unsettling baby cam image creeps out parents
11-17-2019
When a couple recently acquired a baby monitor, the image it produced wasn't quite what they were expecting.
Officers were ordered to erase UFO evidence
11-17-2019
Former USS Nimitz officers claim that 'unknown individuals' ordered them to hand over all the recordings.
'Bigfoot screams' video continues to intrigue
11-16-2019
A recording of terrifying howling sounds coming from the woods of rural Canada still lacks a definitive explanation.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia