Thursday, January 20, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

Weird 'alien-like' creature filmed in Indonesia

July 4, 2019 | Comment icon 18 comments

How would you react to finding this in your house ? Image Credit: YouTube / Viral Press
One Bali resident got the fright of his life when he discovered this strange critter on the ceiling of his home.
Hari Toae described the peculiar creature - which had a set of furry tentacle-like appendages protruding from its abdomen - as "alien-like."

"I will let it stay in my house, but only for the night," he said. "I don't want it to scare my guests away. It's not something I've ever seen before. I don't think it comes from this neighborhood."

As it turns out however, Hari's unusual visitor was in fact a harmless species of moth known as Creatonotos gangis which is typically native to Australia and south-east Asia.

The 'tentacles' are scent organs that the moth uses to produce pheromones to attract a mate.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (18)

Comment icon #9 Posted by Jon the frog 3 years ago
Don't know if it close his appendices while flying, aerodynamically , its horrible.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Isopod 3 years ago
Its just a moth. They use those appendages to disperse pheromones to attract females.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Manwon Lender 3 years ago
Moth or not I would not want to find one in my house.
Comment icon #12 Posted by darkmoonlady 3 years ago
Alien or not my cat would have gone completely ape****, hunted it down and ate it. He loses his mind over moths. Tasty.†
Comment icon #13 Posted by the13bats 3 years ago
one has to wonder how many small aliens, faries, gnomes etc have ended up as a snack for garfield, healthcliff or bill the cat....
Comment icon #14 Posted by MissJatti 3 years ago
No Way thats a moth
Comment icon #15 Posted by the13bats 3 years ago
i know what you mean but yeah, its a moth, might be fun to have a thread where really weird rare known creatures are posted.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Dquinonees 3 years ago
Here is more information about this creature including photographs-http://www.lazerhorse.org/2014/12/09/creatonotos-gangis/
Comment icon #17 Posted by SpaceBumZaphod 3 years ago
I'd actually like to see that thread here. Living in South Louisiana, I've seen my share of weird looking critters. LOL
Comment icon #18 Posted by the13bats 3 years ago
i made it, but i guess it wasnt controversial enough and fizzled out, †

Total Posts: 7,213,180    Topics: 295,852    Members: 195,254