Thursday, December 3, 2020
  Bizarre

New York City In-N-Out burger mystery solved

Posted on Saturday, 27 July, 2019 | Comment icon 40 comments

How did an In-N-Out burger end up in New York ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Sam Howzit
When Lincoln Boehm found a burger in the street, he couldn't have predicted the reaction it would get.
Boehm, who had been walking along a street in Queens last week with his wife Dara Katz, came upon what appeared to be a pristine, uneaten In-N-Out burger just lying on the ground, untouched.

While this might not seem like anything unusual, the fast food chain that makes these burgers exists predominantly in America's Southwest and Pacific coast.

The nearest branch in fact was likely more than a thousand miles away - so how did it get there ?

Boehm decided to post up a photograph on social media to see if anyone could shed light on the mystery and before he knew it the post had gone viral, attracting thousands of views.
As luck would have it, a 16-year-old by the name of Helen Vivas later got in touch to say that it was in fact her burger. She said that she had bought four of the burgers in San Diego before flying to New York because she liked them so much, but dropped one while getting on a bus.

"I boarded the plane and sat on my seat and had the burgers on my lap the entire flight," she said.

"When I got on the bus and I felt the bag become a lot lighter and the burger was missing."

Source: CBS Local | Comments (40)

Tags: Burger

Comment icon #31 Posted by SecretSanta on 28 July, 2019, 2:48
Maybe she was planning lunch for four days. Last time I was in NY, I purchased a dozen bagels. I sliced and bagged them before leaving and put them in my freezer when I got home. I’ve also done this with pizza. I live in a small town in Virginia that has crappy pizza and lousy bagels so I stock up when I visit my family.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Seti42 on 28 July, 2019, 3:24
NYC has many better burger options than in-n-out. But whatever. Some fast foods have an inexplicable cult following. Also, reheated burgers lose just about everything that made them good in the first place.
Comment icon #33 Posted by OverSword on 28 July, 2019, 4:06
Yeah, Seattle’s is called Dicks Deluxe. It’s been a local favorite since the 1950’s. They’re burgers are actually mediocre at best but at 1:00 in the morning on a Saturday night when you’re coming home from the bar it’s heaven. They’re milkshakes are truly superior though.
Comment icon #34 Posted by freetoroam on 28 July, 2019, 4:39
Bagels i can understand, but cooked burgers are awful cold.  Bet you do not drop any on the way either.lol. I stock up on some foods too, mainly from the farm shop.
Comment icon #35 Posted by freetoroam on 28 July, 2019, 4:41
Yeah, but a cold burger. She could not have wanted them that badly, she dropped one.
Comment icon #36 Posted by freetoroam on 28 July, 2019, 4:50
Certainly did not take a plane and a bus to get there. That distance i would have bought something that travels better. Can not see how that burger can be that much better than others when its covered in ketchup and cheese and then eaten cold or reheated.
Comment icon #37 Posted by freetoroam on 28 July, 2019, 4:55
You Americans do like your fast foods in a bigger way than us.
Comment icon #38 Posted by pixiii on 28 July, 2019, 7:30
You guys are in summer right?  Wouldn't the burgers have gone off by the time she was going to eat them?  Maybe I'm just being a "Mum" and over thinking it. I wouldn't be eating meat after it'd gone down to room temp after 2 hours for fear of food poisoning, let alone traveling 1000 miles with 4 burgers to eat at home (however long that takes to fly that far?)    I eat low carb and the pic of that burger literally made my mouth water.  I feel starving now  Thanks! NOT!!!!
Comment icon #39 Posted by toast on 28 July, 2019, 9:12
She has lost the Burger while she was offloaded from the plane by forklift (Cargo Airport Services LCC, Cargo Building 78 JFK International Airport, Jamaica, NY11430).
Comment icon #40 Posted by Chaldon on 28 July, 2019, 15:08
There are a lot of fat people here as well May be not too much but they are noticeable (of course). I was talking about healthy food. Anyway when it comes to stereotypes it's always insulting, sorry for that. So please take it easy. Sure we have Internet in Siberia, fiber optics virtually everywhere in the cities and in the surrounding countryside. If there are no optical lines, there is 4G but it's close to the cities anyway. Beyond that people usually use 3G, further away there is nothing. Most of the territory has no Internet access whatsoever of course, but it's barely inhabited anyway. Th... [More]

A third monolith has shown up in California
12-3-2020
The ongoing mystery of the metallic monoliths appearing around the world is showing no signs of slowing down.
Lottery probed after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are drawn
12-3-2020
South Africa's national lottery has come under scrutiny after a perfect progression of numbers was drawn.
Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball