Thursday, October 29, 2020

'Ghost' photographed in historic Scottish castle

Posted on Friday, 10 January, 2020 | Comment icon 52 comments

Is this one of the castle's former inhabitants ? Image Credit: Facebook / Drew McAdam
Drew McAdam had been visiting Edinburgh's Lauriston Castle when he captured a figure in one of the windows.
A popular tourist destination, the historic 16th-century tower house has long held a reputation for being haunted with visitors to the property reporting sightings of ghostly figures wandering its corridors and the sounds of disembodied footsteps echoing in its stairwells in the small hours of the morning.

Now one man believes that he has captured concrete evidence of the castle's otherworldly inhabitants after snapping a photograph of something unusual during a visit to the grounds on January 4th.

"It was locked and bolted - and the custodian had to switch off the alarm system (motion) when he arrived and unlocked the place," Drew McAdam wrote on Facebook.

"There was NOBODY in the house when I got there. (Several people had rung the bell and knocked the door, wondering if they might see inside.) I took a quick series of photos."

"On bringing them up on my computer, I was going to edit them a bit, but noticed the strangest thing - a figure at one of the windows, who I SWEAR was not there when I arrived."
"I have not edited this photo in any way. It is exactly as it came on the camera."

Sure enough, the photograph in question does show a woman standing in the window - clear as day.

"Now, say what you want, but there is a figure at that window, and they are not wearing modern clothing," McAdam wrote.

You can view his full story, as well as other shots taken before and after, in the Facebook post below.

Source: Scotsman | Comments (52)

Tags: Ghost, Castle, Scotland

Comment icon #43 Posted by Skeptical Moose on 21 January, 2020, 3:55
Pretty sure I've seen many of "ghost" photos and vids from this location. They tend to pop up on popular countdown channels as "definitive proof". Always the same backstory..."no one was around at this time", "room was locked", "we assure you the area was clear", "we were the only ones there" are just a few of the phrases i've heard. Sadly, It's easy for people to say whatever they want. While technology has made it easier to research the topic at hand...it also makes it easier for people to fake, also, sadly, many gullible folks are willing to take it at face value.†
Comment icon #44 Posted by papageorge1 on 21 January, 2020, 6:11
Should 'fake' and dishonesty be our first thought? I think most people have self-respect and are honorable actually. Way too many serious ghost stories/pictures/videos for me to believe they are all faked or just mistaken. Actually the most important question is: 'Are some real?'. I'm saying probably the majority.
Comment icon #45 Posted by Macroramphosis on 24 January, 2020, 19:21
I've seen ghosts in my life. I believe they are real. Other people have never seen ghosts, and believe they are not real. Let's leave it at that.†
Comment icon #46 Posted by stereologist on 4 February, 2020, 20:11
Funny how some people are so gullible they cannot accept that this is one of the funniest efforts ever to pretend that there was a ghost there. For the sake of the historical site I do hope this advertising stunt drew in customers
Comment icon #47 Posted by TashaMarie on 1 March, 2020, 14:14
† The "Ghost" was also in another shot facing forward this time.† I personally think the likeness in this shot is very like the lady from the show.† Also if you notice that the photo of the building shows that some of the blinds are closed and some have been opened.† I would imagine he got a photo of the lady as she was going about opening the blinds. †
Comment icon #48 Posted by onlookerofmayhem on 1 March, 2020, 14:17
Or posing for a publicity "ghost" photo to promote the event.†
Comment icon #49 Posted by TashaMarie on 1 March, 2020, 14:20
Or that could be the case however she is certainly not a ghost.
Comment icon #50 Posted by Rollo on 26 March, 2020, 10:38
Kinda looks like her but a slightly different apron. But not that different, could be the way itís hanging.
Comment icon #51 Posted by acute on 24 April, 2020, 19:23
PROVE IT! † (Nah, just kidding. You can't)
Comment icon #52 Posted by freetoroam on 24 April, 2020, 19:53
I can prove they are not real. Here is the best photo I have † I apologise for the blurryness and out of focusness. † † †

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball