Saturday, February 22, 2020

'Ghost' photographed in historic Scottish castle

Posted on Friday, 10 January, 2020 | Comment icon 46 comments

Is this one of the castle's former inhabitants ? Image Credit: Facebook / Drew McAdam
Drew McAdam had been visiting Edinburgh's Lauriston Castle when he captured a figure in one of the windows.
A popular tourist destination, the historic 16th-century tower house has long held a reputation for being haunted with visitors to the property reporting sightings of ghostly figures wandering its corridors and the sounds of disembodied footsteps echoing in its stairwells in the small hours of the morning.

Now one man believes that he has captured concrete evidence of the castle's otherworldly inhabitants after snapping a photograph of something unusual during a visit to the grounds on January 4th.

"It was locked and bolted - and the custodian had to switch off the alarm system (motion) when he arrived and unlocked the place," Drew McAdam wrote on Facebook.

"There was NOBODY in the house when I got there. (Several people had rung the bell and knocked the door, wondering if they might see inside.) I took a quick series of photos."

"On bringing them up on my computer, I was going to edit them a bit, but noticed the strangest thing - a figure at one of the windows, who I SWEAR was not there when I arrived."
"I have not edited this photo in any way. It is exactly as it came on the camera."

Sure enough, the photograph in question does show a woman standing in the window - clear as day.

"Now, say what you want, but there is a figure at that window, and they are not wearing modern clothing," McAdam wrote.

You can view his full story, as well as other shots taken before and after, in the Facebook post below.

Source: Scotsman | Comments (46)

Tags: Ghost, Castle, Scotland

Comment icon #37 Posted by SecretSanta on 12 January, 2020, 16:00
I’m sorry if you can’t understand, I’ll try one more time. Lauriston castle has a Facebook page. Ok, they post stuff to that Facebook page. Still with me? They posted the “ghost photo” on their page, some one asked if it was a worker in costume, this is where we get to the lie, “No, they weren’t at this event.”.  Castle hosts a weekend magic event. People are in period dress. Lies about it on Facebook. Trying to make people think the photo is actually a ghost. Anyhow, I’m done.
Comment icon #38 Posted by papageorge1 on 12 January, 2020, 17:59
I'll let you be done but it seems to me that you are talking about a different event than the McAdam visit. Not buying the author would blatantly and intentionally lie without seeing some more clear evidence of what was said and meant. There is more burden of evidence in my mind for someone calling out a liar. My best suspicion is that the 'author' is a normal person that could readily explain what was said and clarify your misunderstanding. It gets back to my original point about people being so quick to lower people's integrity in a way they wouldn't be so quick to do on a normal issue.  May... [More]
Comment icon #39 Posted by SecretSanta on 12 January, 2020, 18:51
Absolutely not a different event. The date in the article posted here on UM said the photo was taken on January 4th. He was performing at an event called MagicFest. It was There are many people in costumes, documented with photos. However, the staff at the castle in charge of Facebook posts lied and said there were no people in costumes there. So there is some deception going on. https://www.magicfest.co.uk/whats-on/#toggle-id-4 I am not misunderstanding anything, you are unwilling to accept the fact that there is something other than a ghost going on. .
Comment icon #40 Posted by moonman on 13 January, 2020, 15:00
It's funny (but not unexpected) that the resident "always a ghost" yes-man still argues that this is a ghost, considering that the photographic evidence and circumstances for it being an actor is better than any ghost photo ever taken. The original photo is posted by the guy who worked the event, a picture is later taken of him at said event with an actor present, then the place tries to say there were no actors there in a sad and obvious attempt to mystify the whole rancid thing. Really shows the "believer" thought processes involved - none. They will believe anything they are told as long as... [More]
Comment icon #41 Posted by ChrLzs on 14 January, 2020, 3:57
So forgive me if this was already asked... but have any of our facebookin' members (I'm not one of 'those'..) actually posted to the page in question, or invited the claimant (or interested readers) to be brave and come over here to UM to discuss his position?   It seems to me a good thing if we can do our bit to stop the proliferation of fake mysteries, so as to focus on the real ones, ie those not based on lies, or making a buck...
Comment icon #42 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 14 January, 2020, 11:47
Looks like a wildly nice place to visit. Here is a site on it with a massive listing of events there https://www.eventyas.com/GB/Edinburgh/269712989681/Lauriston-Castle Some systems in these massive places have motion sensors on the ground floor, so staff and anyone staying there can move around upstairs but would no way come downstairs and set the alarms off to open the doors early, even if the person pounding on the door was scheduled to perform there later. I noticed many of the other shades were down except for the one the maid is at, perhaps opening it for the day? Maybe it was a ghost, b... [More]
Comment icon #43 Posted by Skeptical Moose on 21 January, 2020, 3:55
Pretty sure I've seen many of "ghost" photos and vids from this location. They tend to pop up on popular countdown channels as "definitive proof". Always the same backstory..."no one was around at this time", "room was locked", "we assure you the area was clear", "we were the only ones there" are just a few of the phrases i've heard. Sadly, It's easy for people to say whatever they want. While technology has made it easier to research the topic at hand...it also makes it easier for people to fake, also, sadly, many gullible folks are willing to take it at face value.
Comment icon #44 Posted by papageorge1 on 21 January, 2020, 6:11
Should 'fake' and dishonesty be our first thought? I think most people have self-respect and are honorable actually. Way too many serious ghost stories/pictures/videos for me to believe they are all faked or just mistaken. Actually the most important question is: 'Are some real?'. I'm saying probably the majority.
Comment icon #45 Posted by Macroramphosis on 24 January, 2020, 19:21
I've seen ghosts in my life. I believe they are real. Other people have never seen ghosts, and believe they are not real. Let's leave it at that.
Comment icon #46 Posted by stereologist on 4 February, 2020, 20:11
Funny how some people are so gullible they cannot accept that this is one of the funniest efforts ever to pretend that there was a ghost there. For the sake of the historical site I do hope this advertising stunt drew in customers

MIT develops asteroid strike 'decision map'
2-22-2020
Scientists have come up with a way to decide upon the best response to an incoming apocalyptic asteroid.
Pole vaulter snags groin in eye-watering video
2-22-2020
A young pole vaulter recently suffered a wince-inducing injury after a freak accident during one of his jumps.
Haunted Michigan town 'was like living in hell'
2-22-2020
A new TV series will explore cases of entire towns that have been incessantly plagued by paranormal activity.
Mystery message spooks smartphone owners
2-21-2020
Samsung Galaxy owners were left puzzled when a strange message was sent out during the night.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan