Saturday, July 11, 2020

Reporter keeps asking politicians about UFOs

Posted on Thursday, 6 February, 2020 | Comment icon 6 comments

Amy Klobuchar has previously spoken about UFOs. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
Daymond Steer has quizzed many of the United States' most prominent politicians about the phenomenon.
Over the years, many presidential candidates and other senior political figures in the US government have spoken openly about UFOs and offered their own views on the possibilities of alien life.

Journalist Daymond Steer, who writes for a local New Hampshire newspaper, is one of an increasing number of reporters who have been repeatedly pressing for answers on the subject.

"I've always been curious about UFOs," he told Motherboard. "The first time I asked the question was back in the 2008 primary cycle when I was working for the Cabinet Press."

"Hillary Clinton came to the office for an editorial board meeting and the question popped into my head. I figured she might know something about UFOs since she was a former First Lady."

Here are just some of the replies he has received from politicians over the years:

Mayor Pete Buttigieg: "As a curious species, [we] should always be looking at what's going on around us. Unimaginably strange things often happened in the grand sweep of American and world history and we should never fail to be on the lookout for what's happening around us."

Senator Amy Klobuchar: "I've read some articles about [the USS Nimitz incident]. And, you know, I think we don't know enough... And, I think one of the things a president could do is to look into what's there. What does the science say? What does the military say?"

Republican William Weld: "I do think there's extraterrestrial life out there. [I do think it's] more intelligent [than us]."

Eric Swalwell: "I have met other pilots, commercial pilots, who have said that there are things that they've seen in the night sky, mostly the night sky. I used to be on the board of an airline, I talked to pilots who told me about that sort of thing."

Source: VICE.com | Comments (6)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #1 Posted by Dumbledore the Awesome on 6 February, 2020, 18:55
I'm pretty sure the Secret Service have his photo on record. Though it would be interesting to hear The Awesome's views on the subject if he ever got near enough to ask
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam on 6 February, 2020, 19:10
Bring him on here, we will give him something to talk about. Better than these ones: Lol, we can do better than that on here. Why would these politicians know any different from anyone else?  The only people who would have some knowledge would be NASA,  no little green or grey men have been spotted.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Robotic Jew on 6 February, 2020, 19:56
Good ol mayor pete sounding like the political android he is.
Comment icon #4 Posted by bruce fiction on 10 February, 2020, 0:46
Unfortunately they're not going to tell the president everything
Comment icon #5 Posted by Hazzard on 10 February, 2020, 15:16
I dont think "they" know more about extraterrestrial life than we do.
Comment icon #6 Posted by TrumanB on 10 February, 2020, 23:30
Hillary Clinton: "I'm going to get to the bottom of [the UFO phenomenon]. I think we may have been [visited already]. We don't know for sure." Somehow, I doubt that Hillary would say this.

'Vampire-slaying kit' goes up for auction
7-11-2020
A Gothic-looking box full of vampire-slaying paraphernalia is expected to fetch a hefty sum at auction.
NASA's next Mars rover is attached to rocket
7-10-2020
The Perseverance Mars rover has been attached to an Atlas V rocket in preparation for its epic journey.
Bizarre 'xenophyophores' found in the abyss
7-10-2020
Scientists have discovered a number of exotic new life forms in the deepest depths of the Pacific Ocean.
'10ft lake monster' caught on camera in China
7-9-2020
Footage showing an unidentified creature lurking in the water of a Chinese lake has appeared on social media.

Grim reaper-like visitation