Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Reporter keeps asking politicians about UFOs

Posted on Thursday, 6 February, 2020 | Comment icon 6 comments

Amy Klobuchar has previously spoken about UFOs. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
Daymond Steer has quizzed many of the United States' most prominent politicians about the phenomenon.
Over the years, many presidential candidates and other senior political figures in the US government have spoken openly about UFOs and offered their own views on the possibilities of alien life.

Journalist Daymond Steer, who writes for a local New Hampshire newspaper, is one of an increasing number of reporters who have been repeatedly pressing for answers on the subject.

"I've always been curious about UFOs," he told Motherboard. "The first time I asked the question was back in the 2008 primary cycle when I was working for the Cabinet Press."

"Hillary Clinton came to the office for an editorial board meeting and the question popped into my head. I figured she might know something about UFOs since she was a former First Lady."

Here are just some of the replies he has received from politicians over the years:

Mayor Pete Buttigieg: "As a curious species, [we] should always be looking at what's going on around us. Unimaginably strange things often happened in the grand sweep of American and world history and we should never fail to be on the lookout for what's happening around us."

Senator Amy Klobuchar: "I've read some articles about [the USS Nimitz incident]. And, you know, I think we don't know enough... And, I think one of the things a president could do is to look into what's there. What does the science say? What does the military say?"

Republican William Weld: "I do think there's extraterrestrial life out there. [I do think it's] more intelligent [than us]."

Eric Swalwell: "I have met other pilots, commercial pilots, who have said that there are things that they've seen in the night sky, mostly the night sky. I used to be on the board of an airline, I talked to pilots who told me about that sort of thing."

Source: VICE.com | Comments (6)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #1 Posted by Dumbledore the Awesome on 6 February, 2020, 18:55
I'm pretty sure the Secret Service have his photo on record. Though it would be interesting to hear The Awesome's views on the subject if he ever got near enough to ask
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam on 6 February, 2020, 19:10
Bring him on here, we will give him something to talk about. Better than these ones: Lol, we can do better than that on here. Why would these politicians know any different from anyone else? The only people who would have some knowledge would be NASA, no little green or grey men have been spotted.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Robotic Jew on 6 February, 2020, 19:56
Good ol mayor pete sounding like the political androidhe is.
Comment icon #4 Posted by bruce fiction on 10 February, 2020, 0:46
Unfortunately they're not going to tell the president everything
Comment icon #5 Posted by Hazzard on 10 February, 2020, 15:16
I dont think "they" know more about extraterrestrial life than we do.
Comment icon #6 Posted by TrumanB on 10 February, 2020, 23:30
Hillary Clinton: "I'm going to get to the bottom of [the UFO phenomenon]. I think we may have been [visited already]. We don't know for sure." Somehow, I doubt that Hillary would say this.

Scientists are developing bouncy pavements
2-17-2020
A novel new type of rubber pavement being trialled in Sweden could help to save thousands of lives.
Ice makes strange sounds in bizarre new video
2-17-2020
Dropping a chunk of ice down a 450ft borehole can produce weird sounds resembling cartoon ricochets.
Arrokoth rewrites theory of planet formation
2-17-2020
New Horizons' encounter with a Kuiper belt object has turned what we know of planet formation on its head.
Live tree frog is found inside a green pepper
2-16-2020
An unsuspecting amphibian recently found itself at the center of a very peculiar mystery in Quebec, Canada.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan