The UFO Phenomenon
AATIP head: 'Pentagon has more evidence'
By T.K. Randall
July 11, 2020 · 67 comments
The recently declassified videos are just the tip of the iceberg. Image Credit: US Air Force
The former head of the US government's secretive UFO research program has recently spoken out.
Back in April, the US government officially declassified three video clips of UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) encountered by US Navy pilots during two separate encounters.
While the clips had been previously leaked and published by the New York Times and Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science, the Pentagon's decision to not only release them but to also confirm that the objects were genuinely 'unidentified' was seen as a significant step forward in the search for the truth about what these objects are and where they come from.
Now Luis Elizondo, the former leader of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) who helped to facilitate the release of the videos, has indicated that the Pentagon is still in possession of "a lot more" evidence of unidentified aerial phenomena.
"Am I surprised that the government acknowledged the validity and the veracity of those videos? Not at all," he told Newsweek
. "It was a matter of time, they didn't have a choice because ultimately, the paper trail goes back to the authenticity of these videos."
"And anybody who does a little bit of research will recognize that they are real."
"I knew they were genuine and there's also a lot more the Pentagon currently has, unfortunately remain highly classified."
As for the origin and nature of these objects, Elizondo remains uncertain.
"I think healthy skepticism is important," he said. "I think the more data points we get, the better. I would just encourage those who jump to conclusions prematurely to take in all the data that's available, because it's not just eyewitness testimony."
| Comments (67)