Thursday, October 29, 2020

'Cursed' rock is returned to Colorado park

Posted on Sunday, 26 July, 2020 | Comment icon 7 comments

Could this rock be cursed ? Image Credit: Twitter / @CPW_SE
A rock that was picked up three years ago from a park in Colorado has since been branded 'cursed' by its owner.
According to a recent social media posting, Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials recently received a lump of rock accompanied by a very strange letter in the mail.

The rock had seemingly been picked up by a visitor to one of the state's parks some time ago.

In the letter, the sender claimed that the innocuous looking stone was in fact 'cursed'.
"Someone brought this home to me three years ago," they wrote. "Bad things been happening ever since. Sure one of you can find which park it belongs in."

As things stand however, the identity of the person who sent it and the exact nature of the "bad things" that had been happening to them remain a total mystery.

Source: CBS Local | Comments (7)

Tags: Curse

Comment icon #1 Posted by third_eye on 24 July, 2020, 13:30
That's the rock that got Trump elected... ~
Comment icon #2 Posted by Princess Serenity on 24 July, 2020, 16:08
Why do people do this?? Ugh.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Seti42 on 26 July, 2020, 17:54
I'm more amazed by the letter on lined paper written by hand. I mean, who doesn't type correspondence these days?
Comment icon #4 Posted by cathya on 26 July, 2020, 20:39
Obviously it was an older person, as most kids today can only print in block letters.
Comment icon #5 Posted by simplybill on 26 July, 2020, 23:30
I sometimes curse rocks when I stub my toe on them.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Jon the frog on 29 July, 2020, 21:32
So most lego blocks are probably cursed...
Comment icon #7 Posted by HollyDolly on 25 August, 2020, 20:01
There is supposed to be a haunted park in Denver. This isn't from Bodie,California. Same thing happends to people who take rocks from there. And in Hawaii, think it's Mana Loa volcano, sacred to the Hawaiian goddess Pele. I'd never do this, but I'd at least try to leave something.Like some sort of coin, and maybe bury it,te;lling the spirits thank you for an amazing place. I am giving you a gift for the rock I am taking for a souvenir to remind me of the joy you have brought me.

Entire 7,600-ton building 'walks' 62 meters
10-29-2020
A remarkable engineering project in China has seen an entire building being moved using special robotic 'legs'.
AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball