We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Sunday, November 28, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
The UFO Phenomenon

Trump may inadvertently veto UFO task force

November 24, 2020 | Comment icon 35 comments

The future of the new UFO task force has been cast into doubt. Image Credit: US Navy
The US President is threatening to veto a defense bill that includes funding for the Pentagon's UFO task force.
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which is the annual bill that sets the budget and policies for US defense spending over the next 12 months, this year includes funding for the newly established Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF) which aims to "improve [the DoD's] understanding of, and gain insight into, the nature and origins of UAPs."

"The Department of Defense and the military departments take any incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace very seriously and examine each report," the DoD wrote in an official statement earlier this year.

"This includes examinations of incursions that are initially reported as UAP when the observer cannot immediately identify what he or she is observing."
In addition to investigating UFO cases, the UAPTF is also tasked with reporting back its findings to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) within 180 days.

Now however, the future of the entire operation may be in jeopardy after President Trump threatened to veto the defense bill unless a controversial amendment to rename US military bases after Confederate leaders was scrapped.

If he does veto the bill, it's not clear if the task force will still receive the funding it needs.

What that could mean for the future of the Pentagon's UFO investigation efforts remains unclear.

Source: Popular Mechanics | Comments (35)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #26 Posted by Guyver 1 year ago
You know what I think is ignorant, stupid and hateful? †Revisionists. †People who canít accept the past for what it is and learn from it, instead they want to try to make the past what they wish it to be. †Not only is it disrespectful, itís foolish. Think about it. †The past exists as a thing that we have absolutely no power over. †Since the past has already occurred and the future is yet to occur, both are in a sense non-existent to us. †We are powerless over either. †But you know what really bothers me aside from the hatred of our ancestors? †Itís the notion that (generic) you could do any b... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by ChrLzs 1 year ago
So, nobody has anything ontopic to add?† I'll move on then..
Comment icon #28 Posted by ChrLzs 1 year ago
Frankly, I'm not all that interested unless you have some positivity and constructiveness to offer....† So let's see what you post, shall we? What a great pity that you didn't give an example.† The only folks who do that are those who just like making grand-sounding but entirely worthless and completely empty statements.††Not only is it disrespectful, itís foolish, one might say.... Did you really think†that one through before you typed it?† That's ridiculous - everyone affects the future right now by what they do.† So you've decided there is no hope and that we are worse than our ancestors...... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by the13bats 1 year ago
Yes, i do to some degree from the tripe you post, so in turn welcome to my ignore list
Comment icon #30 Posted by HSlim 1 year ago
Wow man..... you managed to be as ignorant as Mr. Walker.† That's pretty impressive.† †
Comment icon #31 Posted by Guyver 12 months ago
You mean as ignorant as people who think the confederate flag is a symbol of hate?
Comment icon #32 Posted by Trelane 12 months ago
UFO task force folks. Keep your socio/political nonsense in the appropriate threads.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Guyver 12 months ago
Fair enough. †Then I will be happy to tell you what I think about UFOís. †Firstly, they are real - they do exist. †It would be crazy to think otherwise. †Iíve seen at least two myself, and a couple other tremendous sights in the sky, one of which was so impressive that I wrote a poem about it. †I suck at writing poems, but what a sight that was. †Pretty sure it was some serious space junk disintegrating in the atmosphere. †Anyway, the other UFO that I observed was like a really really stealthy glider, Iím assuming. †But, then I think it had some type of power source because there was a very lo... [More]
Comment icon #34 Posted by Guyver 12 months ago
No, I havenít decided that, and I also didnít need to look up the meaning of the word aspire since itís already part of my vocabulary. †I canít say any more than that since members would like to keep this thread on topic.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Trelane 12 months ago
I'm sure you have experienced something and I do not discredit that point. To say thinking otherwise is crazy is dismissive and a bit†incorrect. There has been nothing incontrovertible in decades to prove alien visitation, only witness accounts and conjecture. I just can't buy that an advanced alien species with the knowledge and capabilities to conquer interstellar travel would be just snooping around like a bunch of creeps and have craft that cruise the cosmos but then crash once near Earth. I am currently in the military and have been for over 22 years now. I have pulled area†and site secur... [More]